Munster v Ulster - live updates

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Munster v Ulster - live updates

Post by ColinS »

Because Matt Williams now sees him as a back row player, not a lock. :roll:
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Del Fava not starting started the problem as Harrison then had to start.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Gemma
Warrior
Location: Rescued from the English, abandoned in frozen North

Post by Gemma »

Just back from the trip on the big yellow bus - rubbish game, but a great weekend nonetheless. Had a fantastic time in Cork with the massive bus crew :D
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Saw the big yellow bus in Abbeyleix empty with one Uster supporter wandering abut the place seemingly lost. I spoke but it failed to break the apparent suspended animation he was in. Mind you the three boys in the cafe were a bit more chatty who were travelling by car. They did not see anyone in the bus either.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Gemma
Warrior

Post by Gemma »

It wasn't the...fullest bus I've ever been on, if I'm honest. But it was great craic. We had Jackie Brown and his other half, Tazz, Cairnsy and one of their mates (Sorry, don't know if Dave's on here or not!).
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

Think there were 11 bus folk.
I wish I was there.

Gemma, Dave isn't on here.
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.
Gemma
Warrior

Post by Gemma »

11 if you count the driver Colzo.
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

I am reliably informed that one of the Ulster team was seen drinking coffee on the Lisburn Road 11:00 am on saturday morning and that the Team didn't leave Belfast till about 1:00

That several players didn't appear to be at the match can not be considered surprising

Until they start arriving at the venue 24 hours prior to a match then away results like this will continue

When I saw that A Rolland was the ref I didn't give us much hope and true to form he didn't do us many favours not that Munster needed any favours from him

Court was worthy of the yellow the body check was hard and late but one Munster player ( ie the one who first reacted ) should also have got a card as well

Munsters first try was well taken and deserved the second was gifted Marshall was screaming for players to come openside and nobody heeded the call

The third try was a an underfourteen fowl up three poeple going for a ball and nobody getting it nor marking the opposition if they got the ball -- dumb real dumb

The fourth or fifth try was a forward pass

It was one of those games were the ball doesn't bounce for you and you react to slow to the fact

The scoreline flatters Munster and Ulster are really capable of a better game than that

Munster realised that the 9-10 - 12 segment of the pitch was defensively Ulster weakest area and focused MoD and PoC from the ruck and maul at that point thus putting Ulster on the back foot at every break-down

Its and easy game going forward a totally different experience going backwards
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

bogboy wrote:I am reliably informed that one of the Ulster team was seen drinking coffee on the Lisburn Road 11:00 am on saturday morning and that the Team didn't leave Belfast till about 1:00

That several players didn't appear to be at the match can not be considered surprising

Until they start arriving at the venue 24 hours prior to a match then away results like this will continue
Interesting point bogboy.... this has come up before in the context of HEC games. Ulster travel out the day before while Munster travel out 2 days before, so the players get 2 nights in their hotel before the game so stand a better chance of a decent nights sleep.

From Williams comments however, he seems to be treating the away games like an extended training session for the team, and banking on the team to win their home games to secure HEC qualification.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

bogboy wrote:I am reliably informed that one of the Ulster team was seen drinking coffee on the Lisburn Road 11:00 am on saturday morning and that the Team didn't leave Belfast till about 1:00

Don't think that is relevant in the case of flying to Cork, short flight taking around the same time as a drive to Dublin including check in etc. you always get a better nights sleep at home than a strange hotel and it was not a 6 am flight or anything like that.

bogboy wrote:Munsters first try was well taken and deserved the second was gifted Marshall was screaming for players to come openside and nobody heeded the call
Second try POC grabbed hold of Rory Best in a pre planned move, I think that is the second time that he has done the same against us, was blatant obstruction and simply a blocking move.

bogboy wrote:The fourth or fifth try was a forward pass
I think both of them, Howletts was for sure as he was ahead of player who passed up from the ground.
Rolland was very one sided and also let them off with a turnover when we should have had a penalty when Bart was heading for the line POC came totally over the top
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

Big up to the big yellow bus crew!!!

Thanks to all (Dave, Cairnsy, Gemma, Suzie, Jackie Brown and Lisa) for a terrific weekend, obviously disappointed with the result, but the craic we had afterwards in the city was immense. The best night oout i think ive ever had. Sing song in that wee pub was immense, although it was led by myself! :D Also, atmosphere at the match was first class, and we definitely outsung the turnips by a very long way!

Thanks again to everyone for making it such a good weekend, I reckon we should get that wee crew together for away trips more often!

Tazz!!

STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
Gemma
Warrior

Post by Gemma »

Tazz #15 wrote:Big up to the big yellow bus crew!!!

Thanks to all (Dave, Cairnsy, Gemma, Suzie, Jackie Brown and Lisa) for a terrific weekend, obviously disappointed with the result, but the craic we had afterwards in the city was immense. The best night oout i think ive ever had. Sing song in that wee pub was immense, although it was led by myself! :D Also, atmosphere at the match was first class, and we definitely outsung the turnips by a very long way!

Thanks again to everyone for making it such a good weekend, I reckon we should get that wee crew together for away trips more often!

Tazz!!

STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
It's easy to outsing a group of people who don't actually sing at all!

Have to agree, one of the best nights out (I can't believe we didn't get thrown out of that pub!), we definitely have to get the crew together for another away trip. BTW I've got my pics up on Bebo now :wink:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

colinh wrote:. Mind you the three boys in the cafe were a bit more chatty who were travelling by car. They did not see anyone in the bus either.
Ahhh - 'twas yourself! :salut:

But I can tell you there was precious little chat when the mixed grills arrived!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Oh and a big apology to Skyhawk. Jesus you must have listened to us talking some sihte last night. Thanks for the hospitality! :salut:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Has to be said, Munster support is a Myth. The home support was worse than leinster's on Boxing Day.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999