What makes you happy

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What makes you happy

Post by Snipe Watson »

namron wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
big mervyn wrote:P$ssing meself all day about this one. :lol:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 65484.html
I would have crashed my car if I'd been driving listening to that this morning, largely from pi$$ing myself laughing but also at how excruciatingly embarrassed I would have felt for this moron.

I always loved how they portrayed Uncle Andy and his ilk on Give my Head Peace years ago as they completely nailed how these guys came across - yep - thick as sh1t Image.

I once had an apprentice who upon going to technical college and realising he was in an 'uncomfortable' minority decided not to attend his course. When I found out and confronted him He said that He felt Ill being around what He perceived as nationalists/republicans. This attitude is ingrained from childhood and is reinforced by our divisive educational system.
All Schools should be fully integrated to stop this nonsense but the religious boards are none to keen on ethos diluting integrated Education . This place is a fecking backwater.
The problem, well one of them is that CCMS own the maintained sector estate. The Government cannot force them to change and they have no desire to. Government could change the funding pattern, but that's not going to happen. Integrated education already gets a premium above the controlled and maintained sectors, but the current integrated model is not the answer either. People will argue that it's a step in the right direction and it is in as much as it gives choice, but it also gives government an excuse to abdicate their responsibility in this respect. The shared education campuses idea may be a better step in the right direction as it creates close working relationships between existing schools. As long as government continues to build new single sector schools, they are simply supporting the educational apartheid.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Russ wrote:Trainy mctrainface cruised into waterloo today
Well it looks like despite winning the public vote, they aren't going to be calling that new research ship Boaty McBoatface.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Wee Woman wrote:

I would have crashed my car if I'd been driving listening to that this morning, largely from pi$$ing myself laughing but also at how excruciatingly embarrassed I would have felt for this moron.

I always loved how they portrayed Uncle Andy and his ilk on Give my Head Peace years ago as they completely nailed how these guys came across - yep - thick as sh1t Image.
Don't diss Uncle Andy or Red Hand Luke as they are much more intelligent than these guys, in fact they have more sense than our politicians in general.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Getting a carpark pass :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

This serves to remind me why I'm getting away from this place as soon as possible.

On the other hand, I'm still laughing. I would miss all the crass stupidity of some folk here. And it makes me feel quite intelligent. Makes the dog feel intelligent too.

Does anyone else feel if they're living in a sitcom?
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Shan wrote:NZ at the polls today to decide if they want to change their flag.

This is so much nicer than the one they currently use IMO. Be nice to see them vote it in.

Sticking with the blue ensign.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

mikerob wrote:
Russ wrote:Trainy mctrainface cruised into waterloo today
Well it looks like despite winning the public vote, they aren't going to be calling that new research ship Boaty McBoatface.
Maybe, but I think it was Lord West (former Admiralty) who pointed out that ships tend to have nicknames, and that no matter which esteemed figure this vessel is named after, the crew will now undoubtedly call it Boaty McBoatface.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Lots of respect for NZ public now
Landslide victory

Sadly the "snp" of NZ are saying they want anothrt referendum because it was so close

feck them
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:Lots of respect for NZ public now
Why do you give a feck either way?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:Lots of respect for NZ public now
Why do you give a feck either way?
I support people's democratic right to a decision

The people of NZ exercised that right in a calm and dignified manner

The SNP of NZ have subsequently embarrassed themselves
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Never underestimate inertia. Even when the alternative is well defined (unlike Ukexit), a significant people will vote for the status quo (and you would also think a decent majority of those not bothering to vote).

I wonder what would happen in NI. May I be the first to vote for Fleggy McFlegbake.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Here's interesting good boy. Nigel Owens at the behest of World Rugby has issued a XV of the players he has most enjoyed reffing.

He has a remarkably incorrect view of Brian O'JackeensmirkyweeBallix, completely at odds with how the formerly great man is viewed in Ulster:
Some of Owens' kindest words are reserved for the Irish pair. For O'Driscoll, Owens writes:

Not only is he one of the greatest centres in the history of rugby union but he’s a fantastic man off the field as well. O’Driscoll has been a wonderful ambassador for the sport and a real leader. He always respected referees and set the right example for others to follow.

A legend of the game who conducted himself superbly, on and off the pitch.

High praise indeed. Not to be out done, O'Connell's tribute is almost as complimentary:

Quite simply he was just an exceptional leader. I have been in charge of games where he pretty much carried his team, whether it was Munster or Ireland, almost on his back and onto victory.

Nigel Owens Dream XV:

15. Israel Folau (Australia)
14. Stuart Hogg (Scotland)
13. Brian O'Driscoll (Ireland)
12. Ma'a Nonu (New Zealand)
11. Shane Williams (Wales)
10. Dan Carter (New Zealand)
9. Agustin Pichot (Argentina)
1. Gethin Jenkins (Wales)
2. John Smit (South Africa)
3. Phil Vickery (England)
4. Alun Wyn Jones (Wales)
5. Paul O'Connell (Ireland)
6. Theirry Dusautoir (France)
7. Richie McCaw (New Zealand)
8. Sergio Parisse (Italy)
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Did Nigel not recently sign for Ikon?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:Did Nigel not recently sign for Ikon?
Is that the finance company or the Korean boy band?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:Did Nigel not recently sign for Ikon?
Is that the finance company or the Korean boy band?
BoD PR firm