What makes you happy

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What makes you happy

Post by BR »

DavidWolfe wrote:A lovely pint at home but not over here. The water is pash ergo the Guinness is pash.
Where are you?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
DavidWolfe wrote:A lovely pint at home but not over here. The water is pash ergo the Guinness is pash.
Where are you?
In the land of the Avocado is my best bet.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
Where are you?
In the land of the Avocado is my best bet.
Was that in the former Soviet Union?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
A high-ranking police officer has been suspended after reportedly having a dispute with a fellow female officer about who had the most attractive breasts.

Assistant Chief Constable Rebekah Sutcliffe got involved in a row with Superintendent Sarah Jackson at a hotel bar after the Senior Women in Policing Conference earlier this month, the Manchester Evening News reported.

Greater Manchester Police confirmed they suspended a senior officer on May 13 "following allegations of inappropriate behaviour".

The conference, held in the city between May 4 and 6, was an event intended to "focus on the profile and perception of the police service, and the women within it, and the challenges that lie ahead", according to the Greater Manchester Police and Crime Commissioner website.

A tweet posted on Saturday read: "ACC Rebekah Sutcliffe suspended because of drunken bust up (or rather bust out!) with Supt Sarah Jackson at #SWIP16 social event."

In a statement Greater Manchester Police said: "A senior officer has been suspended following allegations of inappropriate behaviour. An investigation is under way and it would be inappropriate to make further comment."
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I see that based on an opinion poll that is hardening support to remain in the EU, sterling has also hardened against the euro.

Excellent news which should get a further boost prior to my first holiday of the summer :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Happy news indeed considering the paucity of my pension.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Spanish spirit measures. None of this optics ballix with a miserable 35ml evaporating in the glass. I was informed that the local technique is to start pouring and then count to 7 :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

big mervyn wrote:Spanish spirit measures. None of this optics ballix with a miserable 35ml evaporating in the glass. I was informed that the local technique is to start pouring and then count to 7 :thumleft:
NYC is pretty good... if you're nice to the bar staff and tip with each drink, they give you drinks with more spirit than mixer and then buy you a round [WINKING FACE]
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Quiffy crying
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

big mervyn wrote:Spanish spirit measures. None of this optics ballix with a miserable 35ml evaporating in the glass. I was informed that the local technique is to start pouring and then count to 7 :thumleft:
On a couple of times in Spain I've been in a bar with a group of people, drinking and spending lots and they just gave us the bottle!

Spanish people don't tend to drink much so a group of British/Irish can mean Christmas comes early for a bar...
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Danish beer
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Beer
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Danishes
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Danishes

Do you mean Danes, Dave?

I've never met a....................wait a minute, many years ago I was one of several fine Ulster golfing ambassadors chosen to play with members of the Danish youths golf team in the North of Ireland Golf Championship. :shock: Good players they were and a nice lad................. from a vague memory
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'll talye what makes me happy. On a day when yet another well liked name passed on, Carla Lane, I am delighted to here that one of my favourite Rolling Stones, Ronnie Wood has fathered twins at the ripe old age of 68. Clearly Ronnie's rolling stones have gathered no moss. :cheers:

You will be relieved to know that I have no plans to emulate him, I had my nads doctored many many years back and happily fire blanks. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I've just witnessed a classic confrontation between 2 men of mature years who should have known better. Two classics of their type which made it all the more amusing.

Contestant one was the offender,he appeared to be a retired hard man of around 50, tattooed or coloured in as I prefer, dressed from arsehole to breakfast in Norn Iron fitba lounge wear. His car was adorned with 2 IFA fleg, was a Skoda and he had abandoned it more or less in the middle of the road, had stepped out to chat to a lady, possibly his latest crush and was totally unconcerned about Bangor's traffic flow.

Contestant two was a balding tanned gent in a convertible which of itself places him in the 50-60 and above bracket for only women of a lower age group are pretentious enough to own such a vehicle in Norn Iron. Still nothing on top of his head or car seemed a splendid match.

Bald no top blared his horn at this temporary inconvenience to be greeted with a gulder at full volume of "Relàaaaaaax ....... you baldy cūnt". Contestant two was so incensed that he turned and let go a highly impressive volley of profanity which amused me and irritated contestant one who responded with a double piece of sign language, flicking a v followed by the international signal for the wănker.

In his apoplexy contestant two almost hit a parked car. Quite made my day. :lol: