Ulster sides in UBL

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster sides in UBL

Post by Rooster »

Someone should give the kiwi agent a call and see where the job is
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I see that Ulster's Strategy states that they will be placed 1st in the AIL by 2017... Two years ago it was World Domination.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Is mcglock really coaching armagh next year?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

dublane wrote:Is mcglock really coaching armagh next year?
Nope
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Think it's former ulster video analyst Alec/Alex McCloy abley assisted by Faloon.
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

BuckRogers wrote:Think it's former ulster video analyst Alec/Alex McCloy abley assisted by Faloon.
Correct - Next year's coaching team is confirmed in the latter paragraphs of a very comprehensive review of the 14/15 season on the Armagh website http://www.armaghrfc.com/latestnews/latestnews.htm
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

I would be very surprised if Brian isn't assisting in some capacity at Armagh next year.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

RuPi wrote:I would be very surprised if Brian isn't assisting in some capacity at Armagh next year.
Why
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

McGlocks has coached in Armagh but has not coached Armagh
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
robrfc15
Novice

Post by robrfc15 »

I see the Ulster Senior League must have now been split into two sections

Section 1 consisting of the following teams:

Malone
Ballymena
City Of Derry
Armagh
Ballynahinch

Section 2 consists of:

Rainey OB
Dungannon
Banbridge
Queens
Belfast Harlequins

First Trust Senior Cup Draw :

Rainey v Queens
City Of Derry v Armagh
Ballymena v Banbridge
Belfast Harlequins v Dungannon
Ballynahinch v Bye
Malone v Bye
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

I think it may then be re-split (is that even a word?) top 2 of each then playing home and away thereafter.

Something needed to be done tbf as it was (could yet still be) a farce.
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Ahem :lol:
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

dublane wrote:
Ahem :lol:
Well Kofi says no, and Russ is indicating he may have left UR in another thread.

Does anyone actually know what's happening?
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Armagh Rfc fb page has a picture of him being welcomed to coaching staff. Announcement from BRA soon too? He'll do a good job wherever he goes!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

President Shirley Ann Donaldson welcomes ex Ulster Coach Brian McLaughlin to City of Armagh RFC.

City of Armagh RFC strengthen their coaching team.

City of Armagh RFC is delighted to announce that Brian McLaughlin has been appointed Coaching Consultant to the Club, joining newly appointed coaches, Alex McCloy and Willie Faloon.

Brian was Head Coach at Ulster Rugby when the team reached the Final of the Heineken Cup at Twickenham in 2012. He is recognised as being one of the best technical coaches in Ireland, having previously assisted the Ireland coaching team.

Club President for 2015-2016 is Shirley Ann Donaldson, the first female president since the Club was established in 1875. Commenting on the new appointment, Shirley Ann stated, “this is a massive boost for City of Armagh Rugby Club with someone of Brian’s calibre coming on board. He will use his vast experience to improve our coaching structure not just at senior level, but throughout the whole Club and we are all looking forward to the new season.”

Brian is committed to City of Armagh for a five year term and will greatly assist the long-term aspirations of Armagh to be a leading Ulster club in the All Ireland League and to have the best structures in place right down the club.

Brian commented, “ I am delighted to take up this new role at City of Armagh RFC. I have been impressed by the current set-up at the Club on and off the pitch and I look forward to working with the team of coaches and all the players as we prepare for the season ahead.”
Rory Best