question... for everyone...

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: question... for everyone...

Post by Snipe Watson »

rumncoke wrote:Snipe I just wonder what you think the realities of rugby are now the game is professional . Long gone are the days when you arrived at the ground 10 minutes before kick off slapped on some Vaseline taped your fingers looked at the captain and said did win the toss .

The professional game to exist needs money and the surest guarantee of money is winning . Sometimes you win ugly rarely with style . Win ugly lose with style you pick ? Most coaches will pick the former !
So would all fans.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Do you seriously think Kiss a defence coach is going to encourage a high risk passing game within the Ulster half of the pitch .

It goes to prove the Jeremy Kyle show must be short a few of the intelligently challenged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rum I fear you are hoist by your own petard. Do you honestly believe that Les Kiss' entire rugby philosophy is defined by his current post as Ireland defence coach?
Wee Woman wrote:
Dave wrote:Hard hitting words from 1F on beeb website....he's right.
Great to see big Stevie being the voice of the people but will any of the powers that be take heed??
Massive help if both Leinster and Munster go out as well, don't see either getting past quarter final anyway if they do scrounge runner up spots
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Fer dear sake, I see we've managed to attract not only Doaks grandad here now as level 3 coaching analysis... But it seems Doakies great great grandad has arrived to back up his grandson...

Awesome longevity in thon family...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Snipe Watson wrote:
rumncoke wrote: Win ugly lose with style you pick ? Most coaches will pick the former !
So would all fans.
Agreed... But losing while looking like Shane Magowan is what most of us are complaining about.

Remember was it last season or one before we lost a game at Scarlets and the players basically revolted over the stupid game plan...

After learning precisely nada, squat, diddly from that epic embarrassment... Lo and behold we travelled and expected something different from the exact same ballix...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cornerfleg wrote:Fer dear sake, I see we've managed to attract not only Doaks grandad here now as level 3 coaching analysis... But it seems Doakies great great grandad has arrived to back up his grandson...

It's the Ulster Way...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote:Fer dear sake, I see we've managed to attract not only Doaks grandad here now as level 3 coaching analysis... But it seems Doakies great great grandad has arrived to back up his grandson...

It's the same dimwit who accused me of being Colombo a while back. >threaten >threaten
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Indeed Snipe ... if coherent reasonableness was a disease he'd be in the best of health.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Im not sure all the criticism of our NIQ players being 'not good enough' is warranted, I mean-

RP- obviously the exception
Nick- was excellent, has gone off the boil but I am not convinced that it was obvious that was going to happen when he was given his second contract.
VdM- has been very good, but pretty hard to live up to JM
Ludik- the boy can play, and his flexibility is a real bonus to us, allowing us to move him around as required. Plus he could qualify become IQ in 3 years
Herbst- Very good scrummager, young, and about as good a project as I think you will find, since were he much better SA would have been getting interested.

Of all of our current crop, the only one I would wonder a little about is actually VdM, as given that the management have clearly decided that Hendo is to be a 2nd row, I don't think that VdM would feature in our strongest 15. RP, Herbst definitely would. Ludik probably would. A fully fit Nick definitely would.

The real problem is that we need more than 4 NIQs, with the level of players other teams now have in Europe, and the high injury rate which is becoming the norm in rugby, there just aren't enough IQ players around.

Failing that perhaps we should be throwing silly money at those who are (e.g. Steenson), but then we are going to be throwing big money at back up players.
(Although I think Steenson would become our first choice ten if he was here, but its not going to happen!)
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Ah yes... The yet another stroke of genius that is... Lose 1F, one if the most devastating balk carriers the game has seen, and from almost nowhere unearth a 6 who could be a worthy replacement... Then stick him in the second row...

Makes Payne to 13 look inspired...
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

If we play Henderson in the row when he is back I may have to drop my ST back to the branch.

We have literally no one of quality (bar Henry) in the back row. Wilson is old, Diack is weak and Williams is a busted flush. A marque signing at 6 or 8 is what we desperately need, we won't get one though as there will be no new NIQs next season. We don't seem to be capable of producing any in the academy.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Imho we are and will continue to get crucified at the breakdown with only Rory acting like a back row. We will also suffer with only Big Dan attempting to get over the gain line in a almost straight manner.

But sure say we get front foot ball or turnover ball... We'll probably kick it away anyway
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

http://www.thescore.ie/ulster-neil-doak ... 9-Dec2014/
“We knew from last week after Leicester beat Toulon that three wins would be there or thereabouts for us,” Doak said to BT Sport.
“We’ll take stock and the next game against Toulon away is obviously going to be a very difficult challenge but we’ve got to keep fighting to the end until mathematically it’s not there for us.”
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Just to make it clear. I think our NIQ's are fine, It is the rest of our recent signings that concern me. To date they have contributed very little and I wonder if they ever will.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

UlsterNo9 wrote:http://www.thescore.ie/ulster-neil-doak ... 9-Dec2014/
“We knew from last week after Leicester beat Toulon that three wins would be there or thereabouts for us,” Doak said to BT Sport.
“We’ll take stock and the next game against Toulon away is obviously going to be a very difficult challenge but we’ve got to keep fighting to the end until mathematically it’s not there for us.”
The man is demented..........
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote:http://www.thescore.ie/ulster-neil-doak ... 9-Dec2014/
Very difficult? :shock:

That's the understatement of the century.

Even if we beat Toulon and Tigers, we then need Scarlets to also beat Toulon.

The bookies aren't even offering odds on Ulster now which says it all really.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall