Olympics 2016 (Non torch stuff)

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Olympics 2016 (Non torch stuff)

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
bazzaj wrote:Top diving.
I think that Al Brownlee is probably our greatest athlete in terms of dominance since Daley.
Don't think we'll see the likes of the pair of them again.
Mo Farah has been unbeaten in Major championships at 5000m since 2009 and at 10000m since 2011 but then, is he British :stir:
"Greatest athlete in terms of dominance". That's a can of worms.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I love opening a can or two Snipe.
Farrah obviously can be considered but excluded under his association with some dubious sporting characters criteria.
Clare Blanding being one, who gave him the mobot idea >minigun .
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Looking at the World Triathlon championships, some boy called Gomez has dominated since the 2012 Olympics, couple of podiums for Jnr Brownlee and nothing for Snr.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:Looking at the World Triathlon championships, some boy called Gomez has dominated since the 2012 Olympics, couple of podiums for Jnr Brownlee and nothing for Snr.
Peaking at the right times.
He has been consistently injured I believe had surgery a while back too.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Taekwondo sounds like it should be pretty exciting but it's boring as feck, even more so after watching reruns of Kung Fu on TCM this afternoon :lol:

Judo and Greco wrassling are also boring as feck imho. Maybe they should let WWE in for Tokyo?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:Taekwondo sounds like it should be pretty exciting but it's boring as feck, even more so after watching reruns of Kung Fu on TCM this afternoon :lol:

Judo and Greco wrassling are also boring as feck imho. Maybe they should let WWE in for Tokyo?
Tomorrows headline: "Angry Welsh bint kicks refugee in the heed...repeatedly"
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote:
Bit hypocritical of the crowd cheering the Brazilian drugs cheat sprinter though.
Of course. Some folk have no standards and don't wish to have any.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Anyway heartbreaking for Thomas Barr as he finishes in 4th place just .05 behind the bronze medal winner. Believe they had a big screen set up outside in the University of Limerick today as that is where he is based. Such a pity but he gave it everything he had.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:I totally missed the Polevaulting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBtifE8LU6I
One pole too many here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO9rXU1jhpQ
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
bazzaj wrote:Top diving.
I think that Al Brownlee is probably our greatest athlete in terms of dominance since Daley.
Don't think we'll see the likes of the pair of them again.
Mo Farah has been unbeaten in Major championships at 5000m since 2009 and at 10000m since 2011 but then, is he British :stir:
Mo is as British as Zola's Budds. Oh aye and I hate his wee head tapping routine.... fecking lanyard. :roll:

For the record I've seen nothing of the drug addled running cheats and precious little else........ my kind of Lmpics. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

The word on the street is that OCI's Pat Hickey is going to take charge of Munster Rugby's season ticket sales once he gets back from Rio.
Onwards and upwards I suppose.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dublin4 wrote:The word on the street is that OCI's Pat Hickey is going to take charge of Munster Rugby's season ticket sales once he gets back from Rio.
Onwards and upwards I suppose.
The word on the street is that the arrogant f-cker is enjoying his time in Bangu prison. :D

Always great to see a self-proclaimed saint being knocked down a peg or two. With a bit of luck he will be found guilty and get the max 7 years.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Mo is as British as Zola's Budds.
>bs
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Watching the weemin's football final. German kit supplied by Adidas; Swedish kit supplied by H & M. A wee touch of style there from the Swedes but the smart money's still on the Germans to win on penalties.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Quote from the Great Britain womens hockey captain who said that the legacy of their win was to inspire women to become 'a teacher,hockey player a care taker or a lawyer, set your sights high and go for them'.
10 years from now we hopefully will see a boost in female caretakers inspired by the 2016 British womens hockey team.
We can only dream.

Another quote was when Michael Johnson who was talking about Justin Gatland saying he SHOULD continue to compete in Bolts absence.
He said he would be 35 but his body would be fresh from his 4 year 'sit out'.
Its called a drugs ban Michael.