Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2 TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Thelaw wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:05 pm Cooney was slow, predictable and missed 2 kicks I think. I could be wrong, beer has been taken. But Doak wants it more. And be honest Cooney time is over
We have two fantastic scrum halves, rugby in the modern era is a squad game, you need two starters (more if lucky) in every position, I wouldn't get too carried away with who is better, it's horses for courses.

On the day if the starter isn't going well, it's great we have a player of similar quality to come on.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Thelaw
Steward

Re: Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2

Post by Thelaw »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:21 pm
Thelaw wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:05 pm Cooney was slow, predictable and missed 2 kicks I think. I could be wrong, beer has been taken. But Doak wants it more. And be honest Cooney time is over
We have two fantastic scrum halves, rugby in the modern era is a squad game, you need two starters (more if lucky) in every position, I wouldn't get too carried away with who is better, it's horses for courses.

On the day if the starter isn't going well, it's great we have a player of similar quality to come on.
I don't disagree, but I will stick with Doak to start next week
Dura lex sed lex
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

They gave Cooney one of the kicks he missed.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

I don't think toulouse will compete next week. It was sh-eyite or bust for them today. They can't afford to flog their big guns because they are in a precarious state in the top14, which is where their income comes from. I think they will send the "b's" next week. Amongst the fans there there was even some surprise that they played as many front liners today as they did. Amazing day out. Have never experienced anything like it. Fans were so one eyed it was crazy. No understanding of the laws at all, just boo decisions against and cheer decisions for. Mad craic entirely. Very good natured though, an altogether civilised experience
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Who'd have thought we'd be a bit disappointed with a six point win? :red: :red: :red:
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Anyone see Trevor Brennan there?
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Thought Cooney controlled the game quite well yea missed a couple but found his man with every pass, I like Doak has an edge but sometimes too quick with his pass without looking first (cost a score last week) think we have two good 9's who compliment each other, hope both can do the same job next week.
Andy_in_France
Novice

Post by Andy_in_France »

On the Stade Toulousain fans' forum they are "pas contents" with Monsieur Barnes. The basic line is that an English ref shouldn't be reffing a British team.
"Demandons déjà qu’un club ANGLAIS (Ulster en l’occurrence aux couleurs impériales rouge et blanc , pas une virgule verte) ne puisse être arbitré par un staff british!" Roughly translated : Let's ask that an ENGLISH club (Ulster, to be precise in the imperial colours red and white, not a speck of green) not be reffed by British staff!
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Bart S wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:34 pm Anyone see Trevor Brennan there?
What day is it?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

We can all look back at the game and let the last score taint things. Many were hoping to still be in with a chance next weekend. Let's be thankful to know a home win gets us through, with a little cushion just in case. Expect ravenhill to be rocking akin to saracens game.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Don’t say Saturday!
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:03 pm We can all look back at the game and let the last score taint things. Many were hoping to still be in with a chance next weekend. Let's be thankful to know a home win gets us through, with a little cushion just in case. Expect ravenhill to be rocking akin to saracens game.
Eventsec won’t allow Ravenhill to be rocking.
Might be against h+s and fun is not allowed under any circumstances!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Andy_in_France wrote:On the Stade Toulousain fans' forum they are "pas contents" with Monsieur Barnes. The basic line is that an English ref shouldn't be reffing a British team.
"Demandons déjà qu’un club ANGLAIS (Ulster en l’occurrence aux couleurs impériales rouge et blanc , pas une virgule verte) ne puisse être arbitré par un staff british!" Roughly translated : Let's ask that an ENGLISH club (Ulster, to be precise in the imperial colours red and white, not a speck of green) not be reffed by British staff!
The poster in question is: le Rhum et le coke.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Le Rumn didn’t but would state a French speaking Englishman who doesn’t understand ulsterscots shouldn’t ref an Ulster game

The red was red but he definitely wasn’t pro Ulster but there are refs who would have ruled out ulsters 3rd try
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:26 pm
Andy_in_France wrote:On the Stade Toulousain fans' forum they are "pas contents" with Monsieur Barnes. The basic line is that an English ref shouldn't be reffing a British team.
The poster in question is: le Rhum et le coke.
Or another blast from the past..... Agen-le-tete

@Andy_in_France every club has a few lunatics, I'll wager we've more than Toulouse, I'm one of them.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18