TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Dave »

Neill_M wrote:With Marsh being released by D4, just assumed he would be heading north......
BOD said no....
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
Neill_M wrote:With Marsh being released by D4, just assumed he would be heading north......
BOD said no....
Bryn would be really, really stupid to take him.
He's not good enough and if he rocked up in Belfast, the IRFU would be able to say "look, we sent you a player to take Paddy's place".
The IRFU have created this problem and they should fix it, properly.
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

I’m not sure when & where Cathal has shown himself to be a better option than McPhillips. I’m not suggesting I want to go into next season with McPhillips as 1st choice but it would be a boot in the stones for him to be playing second fiddle to Cathal Marsh.

IMO someone with experience at 10 & who can control a game. I await the “he’s a choker” responses but someone like Brock James would do for me. Nearing the end of his career but with bags of experience to pass on to the young lads. Probably not capable of playing every week or possibly even finishing every game but that would work in our favour -giving the young lads ample game time. At his age would he accept a 1 year deal? Possibly, and that would bridge the gap to when the serious talent becomes available post RWC.

I’m sure there are others out there. Just a thought.
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:I’m not sure when & where Cathal has shown himself to be a better option than McPhillips. I’m not suggesting I want to go into next season with McPhillips as 1st choice but it would be a boot in the stones for him to be playing second fiddle to Cathal Marsh.

IMO someone with experience at 10 & who can control a game. I await the “he’s a choker” responses but someone like Brock James would do for me. Nearing the end of his career but with bags of experience to pass on to the young lads. Probably not capable of playing every week or possibly even finishing every game but that would work in our favour -giving the young lads ample game time. At his age would he accept a 1 year deal? Possibly, and that would bridge the gap to when the serious talent becomes available post RWC.

If Marsh is the only available Irish option, then we should stick with McPhillips, Curtis and Lowry etc. Doubt you could lure James from the lifestyle down in La Rochelle to come to Ulster, Mrs Vito preferred down there anyway!
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Probably a long shot I agree. Although I don’t think his contract is being renewed & haven’t heard of a new destination being agreed.
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Neill_M wrote:
Bring Humph On!! wrote:I’m not sure when & where Cathal has shown himself to be a better option than McPhillips. I’m not suggesting I want to go into next season with McPhillips as 1st choice but it would be a boot in the stones for him to be playing second fiddle to Cathal Marsh.

If Marsh is the only available Irish option, then we should stick with McPhillips, Curtis and Lowry etc. Doubt you could lure James from the lifestyle down in La Rochelle to come to Ulster, Mrs Vito preferred down there anyway!
Precisely Neill. I expect us to have Carbery, Byrne or Lealiifano next season, with Lealii as my preferred and most likely option.
He'll be great for developing the three youngsters and he can shift to 12 to allow them game time. To me, it's a no brainer.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lele for me. Can get a backline going at ten but not a great kicker. Great to have him outside a young ten. I don't believe there would be many international tens coming this way.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Lele will be in the Oz June plans, the RC plans, the November plans, the subsequent June plans, RC plans and the RWC plans

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:Lele for me. Can get a backline going at ten but not a great kicker. Great to have him outside a young ten. I don't believe there would be many international tens coming this way.
Not with the press we are getting.
To be honest I don't see much happening in the next couple of three seasons, but I'm fairly optimistic after that.
If we can make two gooduns out of the three youngsters,we'll be set fair. I like the look of Curtis, he has a bit of physicality about him and will take the ball to the line which I like in a 10. If he can develop the rest of his game he could be fantastic. Lowry I've seen little of so can't comment, but i'm encouraged by what others say. McPhillips looks promising, but I'd like to see him standing up a few defenders before he moves the ball, but as I've said before, that could come with confidence and experience.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Lele will be in the Oz June plans, the RC plans, the November plans, the subsequent June plans, RC plans and the RWC plans

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Oz won't need him. Janny gets the summer off. Ireland will have Keatley and Joey lol.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Don’t care who lines up at 5/8th next year as long as he’s one of ours.

Anybody agree?

We’re in the doldrums, love us to play our way out of it.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Prefer us to bring in a guy that can play scrum half and fly half.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Prefer us to bring in a guy that can play scrum half and fly half.
If the IRFU wanted to try and heal the disconnect the supporters feel I would say this would be a good way to do it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Prefer us to bring in a guy that can play scrum half and fly half.
None of high quality available though
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

222toHounslow wrote:Don’t care who lines up at 5/8th next year as long as he’s one of ours.

Anybody agree?

We’re in the doldrums, love us to play our way out of it.
Depends what you mean by "one of ours"?
Ruan was one of ours, Cooney is one of ours, McPhillips is one of ours.
I don't care where he is originally from as long as he's not a conscript. Ulsterman, Irishman, IQ, NIQ or project. I couldn't give a toss as long as he's here and buys into Ulster boots n'all.