gays burn in hell.

Not even in the same league are they.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Dave »

We have enough bigots in this vile little statelet. I don't know how Pocock et al have stomached the hateful trolling Warren Gatland.

(Baggy, fancy reprising an old thread).
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

In the interests of balance we could sign Israel and paddy to show we are a tolerant club, open to all, fornicators and bible bashers alike. We could have a designated protest zone each week depending on who is picked to play.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Snipe Watson wrote:I'd take him in a heartbeat.
You would!! I'd say no thanks.... :roll:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

pwrmoore wrote:
Just to play Devil's Advocate here ...

If you would say "no thanks", is that because of his religious views or because of his rugby ability?

If the former, is that not just as bigotted as what he's being accused of?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

Faddes looks f@#kd. Just made an awesome intercept against the Crusaders, and couldn't outrun the cover. 2 mins later he's off. Knee problems.
I hope we have learned from previous situations (Raaymakers) and he has to land fit in Belfast to get paid

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:

If you would say "no thanks", is that because of his religious views or because of his rugby ability?

No.
Paul.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jackie Brown wrote:Lots of spit
or
gays burn in hell.

Not even in the same league are they.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Not even close. One in a private encrypted message and the other sending hatespeech to 300k plus followers. Also, how many times has Folau been warned about this.

Looks like he may not even be sacked after all.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

pwrmoore wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:

No.
Expand?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:

No.
Expand?
N o .
Paul.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Folau is a bigot. I would protest if he signed. Anyone can hold extremist views. People can think what they like but if they publicly post hateful bile against gay/lesbian and those battling addictions, they cannot be employed by an organisation trying to promote inclusion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Even Comic Book Guy from Toulon has slammed Folau.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

pwrmoore wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:

No.
I have several issues with Falou's post.
It was undoubtedly ill considered and it appears to me to be deliberately provocative and not accurate.
It is also glib comment that a complex biblical issue, an issue that cannot be properly discussed through the use of slogans, Instagram posts or on this forum.
The biblical concept of unrepentant sin is not something to be given short shrift.
That said, his post does not constitute hate speech nor does it make him a bigot. He simply stated what he believes; be that right or be it wrong.

I'll call him a fool for believing that such an churlish, misjudged posting would do anything to positively impact debate or the cause of Christ.

As a side issue, why are people taking such issue with a "nonexistent God" condemning people to a "nonexistent hell" in His "made up book of fairy stories"? Surely it's all fake news?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote: I have several issues with Falou's post.
It was undoubtedly ill considered and it appears to me to be deliberately provocative and not accurate.
It is also glib comment that a complex biblical issue, an issue that cannot be properly discussed through the use of slogans, Instagram posts or on this forum.
The biblical concept of unrepentant sin is not something to be given short shrift.
That said, his post does not constitute hate speech nor does it make him a bigot. He simply stated what he believes; be that right or be it wrong.

I'll call him a fool for believing that such an churlish, misjudged posting would do anything to positively impact debate or the cause of Christ.

As a side issue, why are people taking such issue with a "nonexistent God" condemning people to a "nonexistent hell" in His "made up book of fairy stories"? Surely it's all fake news?
A nice piece of straight-splaining there. To you it isn't hatespeech or bigotry because you are not the subject of the emotionally abusive message. I have spoken to a friend who is gay and a Christian, he has a very different view than yours.

I think you are reading too much into the theology of whether Folau's claims are legitimate. Looking at it broadly, the message of that post is that, if you are gay/lesbian or have addiction disorder, you are fundamentally a morally corrupt person. To such an extent you must be punished by burning for eternity. This is an horrific concept to any rational or sane individual. Also the idea that someone who is gay/lesbian must or even can change has been a precursor to harmful and unnecessary practices such as 'gay cure therapy' nonsense, propagated in religious circles.

Now, like you say it is fake news. It really doesn't matter that it is a fairytale. It's not the threat of hell, unless like my friend who is Christian, it is the wholesale demonising of a particular group of people. This behaviour fuels further hatred and discrimination.

I feel for any up and coming Aussie rugby players who identify as gay......it will be a dark day for rugby if this tool is not dismissed.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: I have several issues with Falou's post.

A nice piece of straight-splaining there. To you it isn't hatespeech or bigotry because you are not the subject of the emotionally abusive message. I have spoken to a friend who is gay and a Christian, he has a very different view than yours.

I think you are reading too much into the theology of whether Folau's claims are legitimate. Looking at it broadly, the message of that post is that, if you are gay/lesbian or have addiction disorder, you are fundamentally a morally corrupt person. To such an extent you must be punished by burning for eternity. This is an horrific concept to any rational or sane individual. Also the idea that someone who is gay/lesbian must or even can change has been a precursor to harmful and unnecessary practices such as 'gay cure therapy' nonsense, propagated in religious circles.

Now, like you say it is fake news. It really doesn't matter that it is a fairytale. It's not the threat of hell, unless like my friend who is Christian, it is the wholesale demonising of a particular group of people. This behaviour fuels further hatred and discrimination.

I feel for any up and coming Aussie rugby players who identify as gay......it will be a dark day for rugby if this tool is not dismissed.
I totally agree with this statement "it is the wholesale demonising of a particular group of people. This behaviour fuels further hatred and discrimination."
Careless use of glip throwaway terminology is never helpful and destroys any hope of measured discourse.
I dont agree with the premise of this "To you it isn't hatespeech or bigotry because you are not the subject of the emotionally abusive message." I actually tend to take greater exception to attacks against others than attacks against myself. I'm quite happy in my own skin.
I am often derided and have my intellect questioned because I'm a Christian. That's not hate speech either. It's just a difference of opinion framed in language designed to agitate and provoke. For me, hate speech incites action whether violent or discriminatory against a group of people because of who they are, what they believe or any other penchant, proclivity or manner as long as it isn't immoral.
I abhor and repudiate any form of bigotry or discrimination.
As for the reading too much into the Theology of Falou's statement. No can do. Theology is my thing.
The problem is, and it's a big problem, he carelessly misrepresents what I consider to be the correct biblical position. This is something that many Christians do and it leads to the complete breakdown in any possible discussion. People generally don't want a nuanced civilised discourse, they just want to hurl brickbats and state their view.