Looks like Tommy isn't coming back to us....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Looks like Tommy isn't coming back to us....

Post by Rooster »

Setanta wrote:Think I'd prefer him to stay in Wales rather than join Leinster or Munster.
Agreed, give us another year to get into better shape and also easier to get him back here from Wales than :mexican: or >TM
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

Setanta wrote:Think I'd prefer him to stay in Wales rather than join Leinster or Munster.
Definitely, it was hard enough to see him playing and scoring for the Ospreys against but if he were in a Leinster or Munster shirt! Ah doesn't bear thinking about...
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Tommy cited for dangerous tackle in game against Viadana.
Tommy Bowe, the Ospreys wing (No 14), will appear before an independent Disciplinary Hearing as a result of a citing arising from the Heineken Cup Pool 3 match against Viadana at Stadio Giglio, Emilio Reggio on Saturday, 12 December, 2009.
The citing lodged by the Citing Commissioner for the match, Iain Goodall (Scotland), is for a dangerous tackle (Lifting a Player from the ground and either dropping or driving that Player's head and/or upper body first into the ground whilst the Player's feet are off the Ground) on Viadana wing Kaine Robertson (No 14) in contravention of Law 10.4 (i).

The independent Judicial Officer will be appointed as soon as practicable.

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/5019_14938.php

Given they have already set a hearing date for the Stade players and 2 players from Brive but not for TB... maybe they view TB's case as less serious... or they hate the French? :wink:
bigchiefally
Initiate

Post by bigchiefally »

If he joined either of them any rights to call himself an Ulsterman would be gone.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

While he would be very welcome at the RDS, your needs are greater than ours in the backs department.

Glowing in the aftermath of the dismantlement of the Scarlets on Saturday I may be but Shaggy scored a sensational opening try for us and we have lots of young players coming through as well as Fitzy in rehab.

I would rather see Tommy consolidate your strength and get Ulster up a notch or two in the broader interests of Irish rugby.

I don't think he would join the boggers
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

bigchiefally wrote: If he joined either of them any rights to call himself an Ulsterman would be gone.
catch a grip
He'll always be an Ulsterman
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

bigchiefally wrote:
If he joined either of them any rights to call himself an Ulsterman would be gone.
Unlike you i wouldnt vent my frustration on the player, but the UB for not bringing him here, and the IRFU for letting him go south/sending him.
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Post by the original kimble »

Can't see anybody sending Tommy anywhere. He is very much his own man, as he demonstrated with his move to the Ospreys in the face of O'Gormless and his shameful treatment of the guy.

And he did say to me last year, on a visit to Shaw's Bridge, "sure, you don't think I'm going to spend the rest of my career in South Wales, do you".

tok
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Dublin4 wrote:While he would be very welcome at the RDS, your needs are greater than ours in the backs department.

Glowing in the aftermath of the dismantlement of the Scarlets on Saturday I may be but Shaggy scored a sensational opening try for us and we have lots of young players coming through as well as Fitzy in rehab.

I would rather see Tommy consolidate your strength and get Ulster up a notch or two in the broader interests of Irish rugby.

I don't think he would join the boggers
lol, I know it's xmas but ur generous with the goodwill!!! ty!
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Agreed, give us another year to get into better shape and also easier to get him back here from Wales than :mexican: or >TM
If he goes >TB or :mexican: I wouldn't want him back, but that's not going to happen.
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

Tommy will come back.

And if he chooses another province that's his choice.
Why? Why not?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Of course it is his choice.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Well I would have welcomed him with open arms but now that he has been cited for a dangerous tackle I'd have second thoughts.We don't like dirty players in this part of the world. :)

Now seriously has anybody seen this incident? It is highly unusual for Tommy to be involved in any type of dangerous play, unless he is on the receiving end.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote: If he goes >TB or :mexican: I wouldn't want him back, but that's not going to happen.
Bit strong Snipe.You a bit perturbed today?

Anyway I've heard through the grapevine he is coming to Munster as he has heard about our love of great singers in the Shannon heartland of The Parish and he's looking to get a house in the area. :wink:
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Ulster throw in
Initiate

Post by Ulster throw in »

Just a 'wee' question for you all. You have metioned Tommy going to Leinster but would he get a starting berth there? It may be that would have a part to play in his decision where to go.....
"If Eddie O'Sullivan had retreated to the Führerbunker, World War 2 would still be going on." Mr. G. Hook