AIL FIXTURES

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

The FRU
Squire

Re: AIL FIXTURES

Post by The FRU »

TheSnapper wrote:Is it not Ulster Bank League now rather than AIL?

Anyone know who is coming in and who is going out yet ?
Predictions:
I think The Hinch will be outstanding this year, as always :thumright: , and will clear the boards of all competitions from UBL to minor. good feeling in my water this year.
Dungannon will punch well above their weight but they also have a bit of dog in them.
Ballymena are struggling to get some adults and going to play a lot of kids.
Malone and Instonians have spent all their money on coaches so a lot of Qualifying players filling the gaps.
Queens unknown if they get the players out of the Uni bar who knows
Quins will struggle but at least they will be fit and have a nice new playing shirt.
Banbridge the dark horse
Armagh looking good and have recruited really well one of my all time fav teams and a great clubhouse and the best behaved supporters ever.
City of Derry now they have lost their biggest sponsor, money will have dried up but will still throw a few surprises, but another contender for relegation
Ards a shambles
Rainey OB will be my favorites for relegation at UL and UBL
Enjoyed that, please come over and do a weekly club round up on the Front Row Union! :salut:
Last edited by The FRU on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Save the Cheerleader, Save Hollywood Mike!

http://thefrontrowunion.com
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

browner wrote:
CI have their eye set on winning Q1 and have openly said all the other teams are pants in Q1 and this time next year they will be where their destiny takes them "Best and Biggest Club in Belfast" back in Senior rugby back leading UR. their words i believe.
Don't know about that but they're defo on a recruitment drive and flexing a bit of financial muscle.
I recognise that browner. Having just been promoted CI recognise that they have to improve still further if they are to survive in Q1. But I really haven't heard them trashing other teams or boasting about world domination in one season.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

TheSnapper wrote:Rainey OB will be my favorites for relegation at UL and UBL
Do you have any kind of a logical rationale for this statement? :scratch:
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Yes i do Mr Watson, In my humble opinion(because they do not have the quality players) I believe that Rainey Old Boys will get relegated from both the Ulster League(Ullster Snr League) and from the Ulster Bank League B2(formally AIL3) what part of that confused you sir or are you not aware of the structures? if that is the case i excuse you!
Available for weddings May to August only
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

TheSnapper wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Yes i do Mr Watson, In my humble opinion(because they do not have the quality players) I believe that Rainey Old Boys will get relegated from both the Ulster League(Ullster Snr League) and from the Ulster Bank League B2(formally AIL3) what part of that confused you sir or are you not aware of the structures? if that is the case i excuse you!
Simply the fact they they finished 6th in D3 last season having played the first third of the season with almost a second string team.
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Personally thought Rainey did very well last year. Hope we do well but most importantly great to see 4 Ulster clubs in Division !
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Snipe Watson wrote:Simply the fact they they finished 6th in D3 last season having played the first third of the season with almost a second string team.
I agree, I would expect Rainey to push on and be challenging for promotion with Banbridge.
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

cjp wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Simply the fact they they finished 6th in D3 last season having played the first third of the season with almost a second string team.
I agree, I would expect Rainey to push on and be challenging for promotion with Banbridge.
I am only expressing my opinion and only time will tell. I watched them several times last year and they beat teams that were woeful, not because they were great! thats the hard facts They have lost a few players this year and i just dont see them being successful, but as i said ITS MY OPINION .

Still, I would love to see who has moved where and how the overseas recruitment has gone
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

gannonman wrote:Personally thought Rainey did very well last year. Hope we do well but most importantly great to see 4 Ulster clubs in Division !
Hows recruitment going with Dungannon
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

TheSnapper wrote:
gannonman wrote:Personally thought Rainey did very well last year. Hope we do well but most importantly great to see 4 Ulster clubs in Division !
Hows recruitment going with Dungannon
Have absolutely no idea! No info. There was rumours about Ian Porter coming but he's not. There will be a new signing in the front row. We need it. We got hammered by some packs last year so need more up front. Backs are fine. Best on sheet in Ireland at the moment in my opinion! 9. Bloomfield/ Kirkwood 10. Jackson 11. Cochrane 12. Telford 13. Magee (Capt) 14. Gilroy/ Lawton (Both had great seasons last year) 15. Gaston.

I realise with the RWC we will be missing Gilroy, Gaston, Jackson and possibly Cochrane more so I would not be surprised if there is a couple of signings there too.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

It is an impressive young backline with experience in the centres. I would expect Jackson won't feature much with Gannon as he will be required as back up to Humph until Pienaar returns from the World Cup.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

TheSnapper wrote:
cjp wrote:
I am only expressing my opinion and only time will tell. I watched them several times last year and they beat teams that were woeful, not because they were great! thats the hard facts They have lost a few players this year and i just dont see them being successful, but as i said ITS MY OPINION .

Still, I would love to see who has moved where and how the overseas recruitment has gone
Don't think they have lost many players, I only know of one.
robrfc15
Novice

Post by robrfc15 »

Being a Rainey man myself and from being out at training i can certainly tell you Mr TheSnapper, that yes at the start of last season we struggled through injuries and all at first but then we came back strong and proved that we are good side. And thank you Snipewatson for making that point that we finished 6th in what was known as AIL3 which is now known as (UBL 2B) before TheSnapper corrects me and in the Ulster Senior League we finished 5th. We sat last week with our coaches and looked into it in depth and and looked at how many points we had got from one season to another and we also looked at how many we conceded and compared everything and it showed us how far we have came on, so if you want me to get you them facts i will, to prove to you not to write us off before the season even starts.

Another thing TheSnapper, would you like to inform me what players we have lost as you seem to think its a few players, so where ever you are getting your information i suggest don't believe everything you hear mate. By the way one last thing TheSnapper, but what club is your local club i'd like to know.
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

:roll:
"I am only expressing my opinion and only time will tell"
Re my club, i am a fan of the game and travelled to many games at different clubs over many years and once again its my opinion so don`t get all defensive, i also said Ards are a shambles etc I
God i hope your not one of the terrible twins, i dont know how many lens i have had to replace after getting a shot of just one of them, both in the frame would just be horrendous :duck:
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I hear Ards have gone back to Tweed coaching after the tragic loss of Cois Beukes last year. Hardly a sign of progress