Ulster - Glasgow

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster - Glasgow

Post by Jackie Brown »

If you want to go on the Prom or Old Stand you need to enter from the Ravenhill Road side of the ground. If you want on the Terrace or new stand you have to enter from the Cregagh Road. Bit of a pain if you're a member of the great unwashed and you park on the Ravenhill Road but I discovered a nice little alley which links the two so will be sauntering down that come 6.30pm on Friday!
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cornerfleg wrote:Where's Emerick??????????
I know you don't really want an answer Fleg but:

- last seen with the Eagles Churchill Cup team & scored a try to boot. You will no doubt be thrilled that you will be able to watch "Ulster legend" Emerick turning out in the RWC having been named by coach O'Sullivan as a centre :salut: .
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:If you want to go on the Prom or Old Stand you need to enter from the Ravenhill Road side of the ground. If you want on the Terrace or new stand you have to enter from the Cregagh Road. Bit of a pain if you're a member of the great unwashed and you park on the Ravenhill Road but I discovered a nice little alley which links the two so will be sauntering down that come 6.30pm on Friday!
Careful Jackie, careless talk costs lives, never let the enemy know your movements and always vary your routes. Standard security precautions when I served HMQ in a capacity too far above your pay grade to discuss & certainly not hear :wink:

By the way, that alley is a potential deathtrap - made for an ambush. Beware the men with hairy faces. Don;t saunter Jackie, keep low and zig zag, there may be a sniper on a roof. :terror:

You be careful now ya hear? :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
DHK
Steward

Post by DHK »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
DHK wrote:How much are terrace tickets these days? I've got a season ticket so never concern myself with these things but got somebody wanting to know.

Also with this new zoned ticket thing can you still rock up on the night and pay at the gate?
A strange question from one so learned :wink: Can you see them turning away punters at the gate when the the ground is half full? The UR may be crap but not quite as bad as SRU.

Maybe they have a barcode on the wee ballot tickets they hand out to the paying punter :lol:
I assumed they wouldn't do that, would be very stupid, but just wanted to make sure!

He who asks a question is a fool for a minute; he who does not remains a fool forever.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

DHK wrote:How much are terrace tickets these days? I've got a season ticket so never concern myself with these things but got somebody wanting to know.

Also with this new zoned ticket thing can you still rock up on the night and pay at the gate?
They were saying last week at main gate that it would be Prom and stand tickets only for sale from this week on, how strict that will be remains to be seen, but would reckon on a few weeks to let everyone get the hang of things.
No scanner on the Aquinas gate last week but scanning at Onslow entrance.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

Jackie Brown wrote:If you want to go on the Prom or Old Stand you need to enter from the Ravenhill Road side of the ground. If you want on the Terrace or new stand you have to enter from the Cregagh Road.
:scratch:
You trying to confuse people JB?
Onslow Parade and Mt Merrion Avenue run parallel to each other, they both run off the Cregagh Road

If anyone going to the Terrace or the new stand turns up Onslow from the Cregagh Rd, they won't be able to get through the turnstiles and will have to walk round to the other side of the ground.

Terrace and new stand - Mount Merrion Avenue gates
Prom and new stand - Onslow gates
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

moondance wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:If you want to go on the Prom or Old Stand you need to enter from the Ravenhill Road side of the ground. If you want on the Terrace or new stand you have to enter from the Cregagh Road.
:scratch:
You trying to confuse people JB?
Onslow Parade and Mt Merrion Avenue run parallel to each other, they both run off the Cregagh Road

If anyone going to the Terrace or the new stand turns up Onslow from the Cregagh Rd, they won't be able to get through the turnstiles and will have to walk round to the other side of the ground.

Terrace and new stand - Mount Merrion Avenue gates
Prom and new stand - Onslow gates
Ok then how about,
Terrace and new Stand - Mount Merrion Avenue Gates
Prom and old Stand - Ravenhill Park Gates (Onslow it you're coming from the other direction).

Understand my train of thought now??? :thumleft:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

I have a car park pass and enter from Aquinas. Are we still going to have the farce of last year when a section of the terrace is kept clear until just before the kick off? Totally unnecessary in my view.
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Ok then how about,
Terrace and new Stand - Mount Merrion Avenue Gates
Prom and old Stand - Ravenhill Park Gates (Onslow it you're coming from the other direction).

Understand my train of thought now??? :thumleft:
I always did understand your train of thought, I was just concerned in case someone else didn't understand it and came up the Cregagh Rd and along Onslow trying to get to the Terrace.

I've always wondered why the postal address is 85 Ravenhill Park when the 'front gate' and the office are both in Onslow Parade? :?
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

Royster wrote:Who is the John Burns named in the Ulster squad ?
Academy yr 3 - listed as back row but I understand has been playing hooker..
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
oneshot7
Novice

Post by oneshot7 »

Royster wrote:
Who is the John Burns named in the Ulster squad ?
Was foyle & Londerry College captain a few years ago playing at 6; believe he has moved into the front row these days, absolute unit of a lad, given he is the same year as Annett and on the bench ahead of him should we consider him 4th choice or is Niall injured?

As for ticket prices; it cost me £12 to watch the game on friday on the terrace, child rates £6 & im guessing the prom and stand is more expensive.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

moondance wrote:I've always wondered why the postal address is 85 Ravenhill Park when the 'front gate' and the office are both in Onslow Parade? :?
Reach for yer cap and put it on!

Ravenhill Park pre-dated Onslow Parade.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

Annette i just coming back from injury. Burns is a unit but very soft. better hookers in the club game than him
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Glasgow team
Welsh, MaArthur, Cusack, Ryder, Harley (c), Eddie, Fusaro, Wilson, Gregor, Weir, Shaw, Nathan, Dewey, Seymour, Hogg.

Bench - Gillies, Grant, Kalman, Campbell, Pitman, Pygros, Horne, Aramburu.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Dewey is still turning up for practise then?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"