Should Clancy referee another Ulster Game ?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

George Clancy Referee

I would not be happy to see George Clancy refereeing Ulster again
90%
I would happy to see George Clancy refereeing Ulster again if He apologised
No votes
Hes doing a grand job very fair and unbiased decisions in a difficult match
10%

Total votes: 51

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Should Clancy referee another Ulster Game ?

Post by Snipe Watson »

Neil F wrote:
oneshot7 wrote:The current members of the elite panel[1] are referees highly regarded by the IRB and their referee selectors. Four of the referees come from South Africa, four from Ireland, three from England, two from Australia, two from France, and New Zealand and Wales having one respectively.[2]
The current panel are in alphabetical order, not ranking wise.[2]
Wayne Barnes (England)
Christophe Berdos (France)
Keith Brown (New Zealand)
George Clancy (Ireland)
Stuart Dickinson (Australia)
Peter Fitzgibbon (Ireland)
Jerome Garces (France)
Craig Joubert (South Africa)
Marius Jonker (South Africa)
Jonathan Kaplan (South Africa)
Mark Lawrence (South Africa)
Bryce Lawrence (New Zealand)
Nigel Owens (Wales)
Dave Pearson (England)
Romain Poite (France)
Chris Pollock (New Zealand)
Alain Rolland (Ireland)
Andrew Small (England)
Steve Walsh (Australia)
Am I missing something, here? Who's the fourth?

Also, there are 17 referees, totting up by country and 19 in this list; four from South Africa, three each from England, France, Ireland and New Zealand, two from Australia and one from Wales...
:lol: :lol: The dangers of using Wikipedia AKA the student's friend
oneshot7
Novice

Post by oneshot7 »

i should have read this.. but i am a student so can i be let off this once?
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

A student should know better :|

An undergrad once handed me an essay where Wikipedia was the only source. Took all of my strength not to fail him / her for that. In the end, I failed him / her because he / she wrote about his / her friend playing Football Manager instead of unemployment... :lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I have taken the liberty of researching Clancy's background, the following lines contain my findings :

I have done a little research, Clancy comes from a long line who, to be polite are on the lunatic fringe of Irish Republicanism. He is related to each an every man who signed the Declaration of Independence in 1916, mainly cos his grandmother was a lady of loose morals, indeed in her day she was known as a right frigging slag. Of course the fact that they were all executed when the "blood sacrifice" which was the 1916 rising was quelled, caused a certain amount of bitterness, they never had a chance to decide who his grandfather really was.

At the time when Michael Collins was shot Clancy's great grandfather had been holding Collins's spittoon and was collateral damage in the volley of shots.

During the great depression of the thirties the Clancy family were on their uppers and some came north looking for work but the best that any of them got, being feckless lazy bogtrotters, was a position as a "wringer out" for a one armed window cleaner. The window cleaner was a rabid Orangeman of course and treated Clancy's relative abominably, amongst the kinder things he called him was "ya lazy Munter gobshoite" and in those years a kernel of resentment of all things Ulster was germinated deep within the Clancy psyche.

World War II was no kinder to the Clancys than the previous couple of decades and against their will they took the Kings Schilling and although none were killed in combat, seven of them were shot for cowardice.

Now a decimated dispirit bunch of Limerick lower class, euphemistically referred to as scummers, life continued to be a struggle. He had an uncle charged with gun running for PIRA though thanks to timely threats to witnesses no charges were proven.

In 1977 George Clancy popped out from between his ma's legs and he has been a crying bitch of a boy ever since. George's father was a slightly deeper thinker than most Clancys and realised the young gossoon needed an education and sent him to St Munchin's college where he was routinely buggered by Jesuits

Over the next decades he developed a love of rugby but his career ended when he tripped over a white line and he had to turn to refereeing for his pleasure - note: HIS pleasure.

Most of the rest is history, with George starting his career with an under 15's match which ended 0-0 - can't imagine why. His reputation grew and by 2011 he had been upgraded from "truly frigging dreadful" to "abysmal" and so was selected to ref at RWC 2011 in NZ where his proudest moment was showing Jack Fourie a yellow card.

And so this scumbeg turned up at Caaaaaaaadiff Arms Park - which if you've never been is an even bigger dump than Stradey was - to ruin a perfectly good game of rugby which he managed effortlessly.

(only most if this post has its foundation in truth)
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaronWhatWhat
Novice

Post by BaronWhatWhat »

Good show!
Baron What What of Who, What, Where, When Why, What
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I think he's alright..............................

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Thomas Anderson was Yella Carded at the RDS for tackling, releasing then competing and WINNING the ball with no Leinster players (bar the tackled man) within 5 yards. Clancy was only gonna let one team win that day and it wasn't Ulster. He is the worst type of ref, we have muppets, Allen, Pearson etc. but Clancy is just biased. I'm a gentle sod but I would love to punch his smug Turnip head off his shoulders.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Neil F wrote:A student should know better :|

An undergrad once handed me an essay where Wikipedia was the only source. Took all of my strength not to fail him / her for that. In the end, I failed him / her because he / she wrote about his / her friend playing Football Manager instead of unemployment... :lol:
You are too kind. I just fail them on the spot and word gets out. Haven't had to do it in years.
Kendal
Novice

Post by Kendal »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I have taken the liberty of researching Clancy's background, the following lines contain my findings :

I have done a little research, Clancy comes from a long line who, to be polite are on the lunatic fringe of Irish Republicanism. He is related to each an every man who signed the Declaration of Independence in 1916, mainly cos his grandmother was a lady of loose morals, indeed in her day she was known as a right frigging slag. Of course the fact that they were all executed when the "blood sacrifice" which was the 1916 rising was quelled, caused a certain amount of bitterness, they never had a chance to decide who his grandfather really was.

At the time when Michael Collins was shot Clancy's great grandfather had been holding Collins's spittoon and was collateral damage in the volley of shots.

During the great depression of the thirties the Clancy family were on their uppers and some came north looking for work but the best that any of them got, being feckless lazy bogtrotters, was a position as a "wringer out" for a one armed window cleaner. The window cleaner was a rabid Orangeman of course and treated Clancy's relative abominably, amongst the kinder things he called him was "ya lazy Munter gobshoite" and in those years a kernel of resentment of all things Ulster was germinated deep within the Clancy psyche.

World War II was no kinder to the Clancys than the previous couple of decades and against their will they took the Kings Schilling and although none were killed in combat, seven of them were shot for cowardice.

Now a decimated dispirit bunch of Limerick lower class, euphemistically referred to as scummers, life continued to be a struggle. He had an uncle charged with gun running for PIRA though thanks to timely threats to witnesses no charges were proven.

In 1977 George Clancy popped out from between his ma's legs and he has been a crying bitch of a boy ever since. George's father was a slightly deeper thinker than most Clancys and realised the young gossoon needed an education and sent him to St Munchin's college where he was routinely buggered by Jesuits

Over the next decades he developed a love of rugby but his career ended when he tripped over a white line and he had to turn to refereeing for his pleasure - note: HIS pleasure.

Most of the rest is history, with George starting his career with an under 15's match which ended 0-0 - can't imagine why. His reputation grew and by 2011 he had been upgraded from "truly frigging dreadful" to "abysmal" and so was selected to ref at RWC 2011 in NZ where his proudest moment was showing Jack Fourie a yellow card.

And so this scumbeg turned up at Caaaaaaaadiff Arms Park - which if you've never been is an even bigger dump than Stradey was - to ruin a perfectly good game of rugby which he managed effortlessly.

BaggyTrousers - I assume you were trying to be humorous but to be honest, I found your post simply offensive.
Hãy đứng lên vì các Ulstermen
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Kendal wrote:BaggyTrousers - I assume you were trying to be humorous but to be honest, I found your post simply offensive.
:scratch:

I'm going to put that down to the fact that you are a newbie around here and you've not read many of BT's posts :wink:

Best to have a good read around here first before you make a declaration of offence :wink:
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Wee Woman wrote:
Kendal wrote:BaggyTrousers - I assume you were trying to be humorous but to be honest, I found your post simply offensive.

I'm going to put that down to the fact that you are a newbie around here and you've not read many of BT's posts :wink:

Best to have a good read around here first before you make a declaration of offence :wink:
Kendal, are you Clancy in disguise ? If so read it again and then p i s s off. Baggy let you off light :lol:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Kendal
Novice

Post by Kendal »

Wee Woman wrote:

Fair enough point about being a newbie - there's a lot of posts to cover to catch up. But to answer YoungMan's question - it could be the personal nature of the post as well as the stereotyping of folks from Limerick; the stereotyping of Jesuits and general over the top negativity. I generally have a very open, even rabelasian sense of humour but this didn't do it for me.

I'll keep on reading and keep on learning about personalities...
Hãy đứng lên vì các Ulstermen
devonredhand
Novice

Post by devonredhand »

Simple no from me, diabolical display yesterday. He will though as mentioned previously he is highly thought of unfortunately.
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Kendal wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:

Fair enough point about being a newbie - there's a lot of posts to cover to catch up. But to answer YoungMan's question - it could be the personal nature of the post as well as the stereotyping of folks from Limerick; the stereotyping of Jesuits and general over the top negativity. I generally have a very open, even rabelasian sense of humour but this didn't do it for me.

I'll keep on reading and keep on learning about personalities...[/quote

We're more likely to have a Rab C nesbittian sense of humour. Rabelais was remarkable for hsi crude writings. Baggy's are far more interesting so you just need to man the eff up and get on with it.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kendal wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I have taken the liberty of researching Clancy's background, the following lines contain my findings :

BaggyTrousers - I assume you were trying to be humorous but to be honest, I found your post simply offensive.
I didn't, but don't tell him or he'll end up like Grumpy, thinking he's funny.............
Ulster throw in
Initiate

Post by Ulster throw in »

Kendal - Relax - We are not all Ulster Scots within the Right Wing of the DUP. Some of us even have friends and family south of the border. Having said that Saggy should not be taken as being serious his review was tongue in cheek. Naturaly he is obviously a throughly bad chap and should be scourned (and no doubt will be).

Hang in there you are welcome.
"If Eddie O'Sullivan had retreated to the Führerbunker, World War 2 would still be going on." Mr. G. Hook