Will the Bear be there?

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Will the Bear be there?

Post by big mervyn »

Full name: Flinty McStag

Favourite players: The front row forwards – I love the way they lock horns with the opposition at the scrum.
Favourite film: Bambi; it always brings a wee tear to my eye.
Least favourite film: The Deer Hunter
Favourite TV Show: Moose Women or STV Rugby
Favourite singer: Elk-ie Brooks
Favourite TV Presenters: Ant-ler and Dec
Favourite opponent: It used to be Connacht’s mascot, but now I would say Clyde the Warrior
Favourite sound at Murrayfield: When the Edinburgh fans are cheering on a home win
Least favourite sound at Murrayfield: When supporters are booing when a penalty or conversion is being taken
Favourite non-Edinburgh event: It was for my best friend Hoofy’s ‘Human’ party just before he got married in the Highlands.
Favourite pre-match meal: Fresh woodland berries
Favourite post-match drink: Water from a stream
Favourite Edinburgh win: When Edinburgh beat Glasgow in the 1872 Cup at Murrayfield on Boxing Day 2008
Favourite Junior Supporters Club: The best one in the land – the Edinburgh Crew. Join today by clicking here
Favourite stadium: Murrayfield; the biggest and best stadium in Scotland.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Lanzaman
Initiate

Post by Lanzaman »

I'll have to get a rendition of "STAND UP FOR THE ULSTER BEAR" going in our local on Saturday.

In Sparky We Trust
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

CharlieODCARS wrote:ah jaysus! that clears up a long standing question i have had about the dancing 'bears', theyre called the Rockettes!
I was gravitating towards a more Canine sub species... :roll:
Exterminate all rational thought
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
CharlieODCARS wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Aye. Fair play to the bear. He's "rescued" a rackette routine on more than one occassion.
HAHA! brilliant!! anyone know what the Scottish boys's mascot is?!
Flinty McStagg

A .303 in the chest should sort him out, wonder have they a closed season on them though :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:A .303 in the chest should sort him out, wonder have they a closed season on them though :scratch:
You're in luck Rooster. The season for stags ends on April 30th. Might be prudent to check the Aviva's regulations regarding firearms first though.

I have my doubts about that "stag". Where's his antlers? He looks more like ..... a bear.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Lanzaman
Initiate

Post by Lanzaman »

I told the wife-to-be "I am having a stag-do".
She replied "What's a stag-do?"
"Support a losing rugby team" said I.

TAXI !!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
Rooster wrote:A .303 in the chest should sort him out, wonder have they a closed season on them though :scratch:
You're in luck Rooster. The season for stags ends on April 30th. Might be prudent to check the Aviva's regulations regarding firearms first though.

I have my doubts about that "stag". Where's his antlers? He looks more like ..... a bear.
There is a bit of growth on the top of his head, could be the antlers :?
Looks a bit fat on it though so not sure what streaky venison tastes like, anyway didn't read anything in the rules about firearms, just rambled about flegs (then again never read any of that either)
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

ere sparky,wen you retire,i'll be the new mascot.... :blueafro:
Brunswicker
Novice

Post by Brunswicker »

I heard that Sparky is currently at a secret training camp in preparation for Saturday and I believe ERC rules do allow him access to the field at certain times. So fans of the bear will not be disappointed.

They seek him here they seek him there
They seek our Sparky everywhere
This week at Ravers he won't be found
The Aviva will be his stomping ground

:blueafro: :salut:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

There is a bit of growth on the top of his head, could be the antlers :?
Looks a bit fat on it though so not sure what streaky venison tastes like, anyway didn't read anything in the rules about firearms, just rambled about flegs (then again never read any of that either)

Rooster that bar steward might need a 7.62 just to make sure !!
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
CharlieODCARS
Novice

Post by CharlieODCARS »

has anyone else spotted a close likeness between Flinty McScottish-bear-thing and Geordi La Forge from Star Trek? google image it and have a look. the visor thing is uncanny!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Well Rooster. No sign of the steg yesterday - Is Flinty's head hanging over your mantelpiece?

Thought our furry mammal was on good form yesterday. Strutting about the park as if he owned it - which of course we did. Even appeared to be sporting official creditation complete with lanyard no less :lol:
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:Well Rooster. No sign of the steg yesterday - Is Flinty's head hanging over your mantelpiece?
Yip and Leo the lion will be joining him on the 19th May :D
Rory Best
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

The Bear was there....
Sparky.jpg
Sparky.jpg (128.01 KiB) Viewed 707 times

:salut: :red:
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....