All Blacks vs Ireland

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Loki
Warrior Assassin

Re: All Blacks vs Ireland

Post by Loki »

@Snipe - can't afford it :(

looking forward to the day when sky and / or others can PPV stream. I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat, finance depending. Was looking at the father's tv deal recently, basically £55 pcm before you can watch anything half decent.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

We've just seen great phase play by Ireland, where they made ground, and were stretching the AB defence, looking dangerous, and creating space... wht the feck does BOD take us back to last weeks tactics and kick possession away, giving them the chance to run the ball back down our throats
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Loki wrote:@Snipe - can't afford it :(

looking forward to the day when sky and / or others can PPV stream. I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat, finance depending. Was looking at the father's tv deal recently, basically £55 pcm before you can watch anything half decent.
Once you have it, threaten to leave and they will cut the price in half.
troupe86
Novice

Post by troupe86 »

This is a phenomenal game so far...

Ireland are playing a Leinster style open game. 19-19.
troupe86
Novice

Post by troupe86 »

All Blacks down to 14 men! Israel Dagg sent off for a body check on Kearney.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

The All Blacks are proving to be a dirty side when under pressure.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
troupe86
Novice

Post by troupe86 »

That's a shame. Dan Carter drop goal at the death ensured an undeserved All Black victory.
troupe86
Novice

Post by troupe86 »

fermain wrote:The All Blacks are proving to be a dirty side when under pressure.
I agree... Horrible conduct from the team. They are showing their true colours with the way they got on at times.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Wonderful performance from Ireland but we just come up short again. Ireland intensity was top drawer and we just didn't give NZ a chance to open up as they like.

Needless to say NZ enjoyed the rub of the green from the ref which ultimately was the difference.

Well done Ireland. You showed you can compete with anybody....except refs with black-tinted glasses. :(

That is all.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

troupe86 wrote:
fermain wrote:The All Blacks are proving to be a dirty side when under pressure.
I agree... Horrible conduct from the team. They are showing their true colours with the way they got on at times.
They are filthy and cynical and always have been. Why would they be any different when almost all refs bow down before them.

The only ref I have ever seen who has the ability and character to ref NZ properly is Alain Rolland. Just a pity he is not allowed to ref games we have against them.
playingadvantage
Novice

Post by playingadvantage »

Shocking call from Owens in the scrum a couple of minutes from the end. Took away a chance of making history.
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

Totally agree Shan, always have been and always will be a dirty, cheating shower. McCaw is th best 7 in the world, but is helped massively by his cloak of invisibility that he seems to have at the breakdown! Pure bs call at the scrum for illegal wheeling, Woodcock was gettin his head shoved up his backside, turnin point for sure, would at least have got the draw.

But no more whinging, we went toe to toe with the world champions and never gave an inch, proud to be Irish, 100% effort, and I look forward to next week.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

playingadvantage wrote:Shocking call from Owens in the scrum a couple of minutes from the end. Took away a chance of making history.
Spot on. An utterly preposterous call which should be hard to believe but unfortunately is not. We had the NZ scrum on the back foot all through the second half and again in that scrum.

How many of our players were blocked off or otherwise held around ruck time. How many times were NZ offside or handling ball on the ground.

In a way I don't blame the refs themselves. There is this aura around NZ which means everybody thinks they can do no wrong and that it is their superiority rather than their illegality which gains them the upper hand all the time....

Not that I am suggesting they are not capable of doing damage legally as well of course. :)
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Tazz #15 wrote:Totally agree Shan, always have been and always will be a dirty, cheating shower. McCaw is th best 7 in the world, but is helped massively by his cloak of invisibility that he seems to have at the breakdown! Pure bs call at the scrum for illegal wheeling, Woodcock was gettin his head shoved up his backside, turnin point for sure, would at least have got the draw.

But no more whinging, we went toe to toe with the world champions and never gave an inch, proud to be Irish, 100% effort, and I look forward to next week.
You're dead right Tazz. I am pretty emotional. I had tears in my eyes there for the last 20 minutes when I thought we were going to do it.

Time to come down now and I'll cease my complaining from this point and just focus on the positives of this Irish performance....or I'll try my best to anyway. :wink:

>TH >TH
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

74 Mins - Owens calls ball went backwards then Poite on touch line says it was forward - followed by scrum and penalty to NZ.

Watched this again - looks very like it did not go forward - this was the turning point and potentially cost Ireland the game - great pity - imho Ireland deserved this one :salut: :salut: :salut:
Finished