Treviso 2012/13

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Treviso 2012/13

Post by Rooster »

scrum5 wrote:Still unsure of how to get from Marco Polo airport to Treviso, thinking about hiring a car for a couple of days, anyone done this before and if so is it easy enough to get to Treviso it seems like it's only about half an hours drive......Thanks
Bus from airport to either Mestre or Venice Central , Mestre is preferable as saves doubling back on your trip, then train to Treviso.
Half hour by car if you are going to tour around but if just doing a day trip to Venice take the train as it's easier and saves parking etc.

Just ask at the info desk in the airport and they will sort you out, buses are about every 15 mins I think.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Definitely take the train if you can - cheap and easy option.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
isleofwighter
Initiate

Post by isleofwighter »

Car hire for 3 days from Marco Polo cost £60 split between five of us.

Alas, I'm the designated driver..... :duh:
Who booked me for this gig????
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

isleofwighter wrote:Car hire for 3 days from Marco Polo cost £60 split between five of us.

Alas, I'm the designated driver..... :duh:
Who booked me for this gig????
What sort of wagon did you hire for £60 :shock: you sure it is not a Little Tikes car ?

“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
isleofwighter
Initiate

Post by isleofwighter »

Don't go there Rooster. Now I'm worried.
Got 4 strapping six footers and one small one to squeeze in! :scratch:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

isleofwighter wrote:Don't go there Rooster. Now I'm worried.
Got 4 strapping six footers and one small one to squeeze in! :scratch:
Yip I know the height of you lot and just find it hard to see how you got any sort of wheels at that price! Bicycle perhaps ?
Rory Best
isleofwighter
Initiate

Post by isleofwighter »

Last time it was a Citroen C1.... A tad snug!
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Remember Wighter remove all mirrors and keep your foot to the floor. You'll blend in perfectly.
Mum :thumleft:
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Nelson starting at 15 :cheers: love that ginger kid
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Remember Wighter remove all mirrors and keep your foot to the floor. You'll blend in perfectly.
left hand on wheel; right hand on horn; give her the guttie, but remember your braking distances may be severely compromised!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
mid ulster maestro wrote:Remember Wighter remove all mirrors and keep your foot to the floor. You'll blend in perfectly.
left hand on wheel; right hand on horn; give her the guttie, but remember your braking distances may be severely compromised!
Actually I think its easier driving through the center of Rome or Milan than Belfast, drivers more considerate on letting you swap lanes or emerge from side streets, they only give the impression of manic because they don't recognise a pedestrian as a life form, more chance of them stopping for a dog than a human !
Rory Best
isleofwighter
Initiate

Post by isleofwighter »

Safer drivers in Italy!!!??

Are you kidding me?........ We had a near death experience driving round Verona last Sunday.
Although that might have been down to me missing a red traffic light in the "upgraded" blo**dy mini bus we ended up hiring!

Either way, I'm still having flashbacks. :shock:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

isleofwighter wrote:Safer drivers in Italy!!!??

Are you kidding me?........ We had a near death experience driving round Verona last Sunday.
Although that might have been down to me missing a red traffic light in the "upgraded" blo**dy mini bus we ended up hiring!

Either way, I'm still having flashbacks. :shock:
Sign yourself up with these guys before your next visit :thumleft:
http://www.intelligent-training.com/def ... course.php
Rory Best