santa hats for this weekend?

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

ayepod
Initiate

Re: santa hats for this weekend?

Post by ayepod »

Think we are going full santa!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

This weekend I shall be mainly wearing my brand new leopard skin pill box hat. I do cut quite a dash in it according to Ms Sphinx at my favourite haberdashery, who was looking pretty imposing herself in a dusty pink Homburg & her nicely teased, waxed moustache.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:I'll stick to the warm hats this weekend thanks - have you seen how cold it's going to be, brrrrr!
but you stick yer santa hat over the top of the warm one - DOUBLE insulation :roll:
Hmmmm, still dunno!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

BaggyTrousers wrote:This weekend I shall be mainly wearing my brand new leopard skin pill box hat. I do cut quite a dash in it according to Ms Sphinx at my favourite haberdashery, who was looking pretty imposing herself in a dusty pink Homburg & her nicely teased, waxed moustache.
Just remember that Highway 61 will not get you to Franklin's Gardens Baggy!
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pwrmoore wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:This weekend I shall be mainly wearing my brand new leopard skin pill box hat. I do cut quite a dash in it according to Ms Sphinx at my favourite haberdashery, who was looking pretty imposing herself in a dusty pink Homburg & her nicely teased, waxed moustache.
So true, sadly I won't be there, pension frozen over the last few years biting hard, sadly to make up the shortfall I've had to rescind my earlier decision not to work on Maggie's Farm, I may get time of to gleek at the match between tinning turnips & cutting curly kale.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Mr Frosty
Initiate

Post by Mr Frosty »

five of us in full santa suits :santa:
Till youve tasted Frosty's you don't know jack
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
So true, sadly I won't be there, pension frozen over the last few years biting hard, sadly to make up the shortfall I've had to rescind my earlier decision not to work on Maggie's Farm, I may get time of to gleek at the match between tinning turnips & cutting curly kale.
Just be careful you don't get stuck outside on your mobile with the Cardiff Blues again. >fiddle
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:I'm heading to B&Q in Northampton (about 15mins from the Ibis) to get bambo sticks for flag poles. Anyone else got this great idea?
There's hardware store on Gold Street about 50 yards from the Ibis same side of street.
They don't have bamboo poles though - I've checked :?
They did big sticks of other sorts though. You have to make-do when you're in countries that don't understand flegs proper like what we do. I remember the last time we were there, I was amazed that they had flagpoles all along the street as normal, but they only had street lights on them.

edit: http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/mops+brush ... t/0269568/
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
Baggy can I come to yours to watch the match, I will bring some grog.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:I'm heading to B&Q in Northampton (about 15mins from the Ibis) to get bambo sticks for flag poles. Anyone else got this great idea?
There's hardware store on Gold Street about 50 yards from the Ibis same side of street.
They don't have bamboo poles though - I've checked :?
They should have electrical conduit though, and the fleg police seem to like it better than iron bars and hard timber poles anyway
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I'll have mine out at the Northampton and Leinster games :santa: and I'm sure it could make a late appearance down in Limerick too :santa:
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

ruckover wrote:I'll have mine out at the Northampton and Leinster games
Notwithstanding the psychological damage to wimmin and small childer, d'ye not think it might be a wee bit coul for that kind of carry on?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:Baggy can I come to yours to watch the match, I will bring some grog.
Sure you can Kofi, any man offering to supply grog is welcome, got to supplement that meagre pension some way or other.

Pity I hadn't the foresight to bring the Bank to its feckin' knees before I left, they'd have given me millions to frig away aff instead of the miserable pittance I currently "enjoy". :banghead:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:They should have electrical conduit though, and the fleg police seem to like it better than iron bars and hard timber poles anyway
You would think - very nice woman told me they had stopped selling it, but she thought she had seen a couple of lengths lying around in the store somewhere. Was going off to see if it was still there or thrown out and if she found it, she was for putting my name on it. Sounds like there's not much if anything left for others, except the broom handles BR suggests. B&Q looks like it's not too far off the main route either though and they have 60+ bundles (x10) of 2m bamboo canes (I've already checked their stock), so a ready fall back position. :cheers: Maybe see you out there Jackie Boy!

All I need to bring are the flegs and cable-ties.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

With the application of a little lateral thought and some improvisation, the enterprising fan will always find a suitable long thing to hang his flag off and to which H&S bods will not object.

I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean