Rory Best

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

dcpete
Novice

Re: Rory Best

Post by dcpete »

And Hibburd has a dodgy knee - what odds Rory to start the first test?!
chelt4
Novice

Post by chelt4 »

want him to be a lion, but would just love it if Rory told him where to go
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

chelt4 wrote:want him to be a lion, but would just love it if Rory told him where to go
I'd hate that.

Playing for the Lions is the pinnacle of a players career when you from the 4 home countries in my opinion. To turn it down would be foolish
interlooter
Warrior Chief

Post by interlooter »

Windeos wrote:
chelt4 wrote:want him to be a lion, but would just love it if Rory told him where to go
I'd hate that.

Playing for the Lions is the pinnacle of a players career when you from the 4 home countries in my opinion. To turn it down would be foolish
No player would turn it down, not even wilkinson
Looks odds on now, and cannot imagine the apoplexy on here if Rory is overlooked again :red:
if a pig loses it's voice, is it disgruntled?
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Windeos wrote:
The minimum ban for abusing an official is 6 weeks, there is no way he will go on the Lions tour now after calling the ref a "fecking cheat" and showing dissent.
Fixed. Except he didn't say fecking, just a word that sounds like it.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Hartley's plea is that he was talking to Croft, not Barnes. Could be.:-) Case could be thrown out. It will be interesting.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Didn't see the offence but it means nothing.

Ross Ford will get the call before Gatland calls Rory.

Sad but true :(
interlooter
Warrior Chief

Post by interlooter »

for dog and ulcer wrote:Hartley's plea is that he was talking to Croft, not Barnes. Could be.:-) Case could be thrown out. It will be interesting.
Fartley's previous is on a par with Charles Bronson's >threaten
Refs are watching him closely, and whether he directed it at Barnes or not, he was caught...... Again!
How any sane coach would take him to Oz for the mother of all sledgings is beyond me.
Don't like to get all biblical on your asses but the leopard cannot change its spots.

Ross ford is a decent enough pro, WW, but has been anonymous this season, and even gatland's hatred of Rory is bound to have limits this side of insanity. No, I think this means Rory will rightfully take his place on the Lions. :red:

The only question now is will baggy admit he'll be watching all the games :lol:
if a pig loses it's voice, is it disgruntled?
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

for dog and ulcer wrote:Hartley's plea is that he was talking to Croft, not Barnes. Could be.:-) Case could be thrown out. It will be interesting.
I've just read that his defence is he said it to Young the hooker but why would a player call another player a "fecking cheat" for no real reason?

Plus the fact Hartley had been warned prior to the sending off about dissent should mean he gets at the very least the minimum 6 weeks.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Windeos wrote:
I've just read that his defence is he said it to Young the hooker but why would a player call another player a "fecking cheat" for no real reason?

Plus the fact Hartley had been warned prior to the sending off about dissent should mean he gets at the very least the minimum 6 weeks.
My mistake - it was indeed allegedly Youngs he was addressing. T
I thought Laws was fortunate to get away with his "tackle" on Flood which ended his involvement. Will be on Sky at 1030 tonight.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

It can all be found here.At about 4 mins 10 secs on the first video.

http://www.espn.co.uk/scrum/rugby/video ... ml?genre=2
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Rory has been named captain of the Ireland tour to the Americas. Does that mean he's not even on the reserve list...

I'd love for him to go and in my opinion he is still the best hooker in the NH by a long way.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

bootlaced wrote:It can all be found here.At about 4 mins 10 secs on the first video.

http://www.espn.co.uk/scrum/rugby/video ... ml?genre=2
Flip me, he has looked directly at Barnes and called him a "fecking cheat".

How exactly can he claim it was aimed at Youngs ill never know
Husky
Novice

Post by Husky »

I know it stinks of an RFU inside job, but apparently his hearing is on Sunday. Therefore, I predict he'll only get a 1 week ban, making him eligible to play in the 2nd Lions game. So I won't get my hopes up for Rory.

PS. I thought Rory's post-match interview was a measure of the class act he is. At such an emotional time, he gave credit to Leinster, he didn't complain about ref, and he admitted that Ulster have to stop using the learning curve excuses and start delivering when it matters. :salut:
“I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.”
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

Husky wrote:I know it stinks of an RFU inside job, but apparently his hearing is on Sunday. Therefore, I predict he'll only get a 1 week ban, making him eligible to play in the 2nd Lions game. So I won't get my hopes up for Rory.

PS. I thought Rory's post-match interview was a measure of the class act he is. At such an emotional time, he gave credit to Leinster, he didn't complain about ref, and he admitted that Ulster have to stop using the learning curve excuses and start delivering when it matters. :salut:
They would have to clear him to let him not miss the lions. The minimum end for verbals to an official is 6 weeks so there is no chance of a 1 week ban