Tom Court leaving?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Re: Tom Court leaving?

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Good luck to him. Great servant to Ulster. At 33 though, we were always going to struggle to match a 3 year deal.

Met him a couple of times. He is possibly the most articulate front row forward I have ever spoken to.

Also, possibly the most articulate Australian I have ever spoken to...
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
breakdown wrote:Mulligan tweeting the project may be a loosehead, pinch of salt and all that i'd say
No offence BD, but I'd take Mulligan's pinch of NaCl before many other folks. Certainly it would make very good sense as we are considerably more than unlikely to get 2 NIQ props........................... if any.
The exact tweet had a hashtag about starting a rumour or something, thats only why. Certainly Mulligan is much more credible than most but given the nature of the tweet and the fact we're fairly well stocked for LHPs coming through I wouldnt, unfortunately, make much of it
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Dont diss Mullers ... he's no Crozier ... a wee shat stirring trouble maker yes ... but no Crozier. Mullers is one of us.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

I must say I'm really sorry to hear the news. When I read the team sheet and see his name at No.1 I always feel as though things will be fine. A massively under rated player. I hope he has a great season with us and then has three great years at LI where he can continue to stuff Dan Cole on a regular basis. I'm sure when he retires he'll return to Oz to the sun and I hope he does so with a large wad of cash tucked away for a rainy day.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

No doubt Hump is ruthless but at the end of the day Ulster Rugby is a business

All the best Tom, you've been a great servant to Ulster Rugby :thumleft:

Can't wait to see the replacement ;)
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
DirtyRucker
Novice

Post by DirtyRucker »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Had heard this mentioned a while back but rumour had it London was not a great draw for the family, looks like cold hard cash for there future ultimately made the decision. So, no European rugby for Tom next year then :stir:
Their future
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

Best of luck to Tom. Sad to see him go. He is a true Ulsterman and a player very much underrated by those outside of Ulster, for reasons that I can't really understand. Angry Tom has been part of one of our best front rows ever imo along with Rory and BBJ. When on fire they were a match for anyone. An absolute gentleman to boot. :salut:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

DirtyRucker wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Had heard this mentioned a while back but rumour had it London was not a great draw for the family, looks like cold hard cash for there future ultimately made the decision. So, no European rugby for Tom next year then :stir:
Their future
84 posts in 61 weeks .....

.... can't wait to next week for the next one :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

A man of few words ... and for good reason!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Ah ballix. Very sorry to see him go. He's one of my favourite players for his heart; always plays for the shirt. Definitely looked happier playing for Ulster than for Ireland but there are probably other reasons for that!

Good luck to him.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Best of luck Tom

Have spent yesterday evening righting the wrong thoughts of a few Mexicans and Turnips who were blaming him for Twickenham

A true gent, a true Ulsterman and one of our Lions to boot
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I'll toss this into the ether.

That URSC think about awarding Merit Medals to players when they finish playing for Ulster Showing the number of games play and the number of years they played for Ulster.

To be a Merit Medal a minimum number would be necessary but it would hopefully be a recognition of their service to the CAUSE
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Should be made to get UTID tattooed on his body somewhere
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Genuinely sorry to see Tom go but fair play to him - a 3 year deal at 33 is not to be sniffed at. He's a been a great servant to Ulster so we can't begrudge him that.

Some of the comments I'm reading in response to this news on Facebook are making me feck mad - 135 games for Ulster so far and he has NEVER let us down. He may not have set the world alight on the international stage but he did the job he was called to do and became a Lion into the bargain >EW

Best of luck to Tom & family :red: