5 reasons why we will win on Saturday

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 5 reasons why we will win on Saturday

Post by Snipe Watson »

pip14 wrote:Weather looks fine. Mostly cloudy.

Not the first time I've said it on this forum this week but Ulster are defo favourites in my eyes (saying that they always are!)
Bookies have Leicester 4/7 and us 11/8
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... 1390003200
This is the one to watch Pip. Forecasting rain at the moment.
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Cheers Snipe, of course every other day is fine like :roll:
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

We need a little reality check in this thread. Leicester have a powerful pack and their backs are nowhere near as bad as many cyclopean regulars here make out. On form, players like Youngs, Flood, Allen, Tait, Morris etc. are pretty good. With the home draw, Leicester will be going into this game as favourites, and I think they should be. I think Ulster can nick it, but they will have to play out of their skins and increase the level of intensity significantly from the past few games, especially up front.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
againstthehead wrote: Ulster 26 Tigers 18
Some of your post is not bullshit, however, your propensity for always posting a scoreline is moronic. An unkinder man than I would be keep a record of your wide of the mark scorelines to taunt you with, call you a ninnyhammer, a featherhead , a mooncalf or a jackanapes.

I trust you will accept this as sound advice not to make stupid predictions & thank me for not call you ninnyhammer, etc. etc.
Dearest baggers
Can't remember the exact numbers but of late I've called 2 BP wins over treviso, a narrow win over zebre, a 6 pt defeat to leinster and I think I had the munster scoreline at 32-15 or something. I was also the only person in the UK/Ireland that thought Ireland could possibly beat the All Blacks in November. I'm on a roll laddie.... If you have a few bob, slap it on 26-18.....
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

5 reasons why we will win on Saturday

Post by kingofthehill »

Spiffsson wrote:We need a little reality check in this thread. Leicester have a powerful pack and their backs are nowhere near as bad as many cyclopean regulars here make out. On form, players like Youngs, Flood, Allen, Tait, Morris etc. are pretty good. With the home draw, Leicester will be going into this game as favourites, and I think they should be. I think Ulster can nick it, but they will have to play out of their skins and increase the level of intensity significantly from the past few games, especially up front.
Who from their backline would get in the ulster team?
Flood?

Pack is strong and I fear it could be too much for ours.
Last edited by kingofthehill on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

kingofthehill wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:We need a little reality check in this thread. Leicester have a powerful pack and their backs are nowhere near as bad as many cyclopean regulars here make out. On form, players like Youngs, Flood, Allen, Tait, Morris etc. are pretty good. With the home draw, Leicester will be going into this game as favourites, and I think they should be. I think Ulster can nick it, but they will have to play out of their skins and increase the level of intensity significantly from the past few games, especially up front.
Flood.

Flood would not get in our team.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Russ wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
Flood.

Flood would not get in our team.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I edited that to include a question mark.

Tuilagi if fit?
The King is dead. Long live the King.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

againstthehead wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
againstthehead wrote: Ulster 26 Tigers 18
Some of your post is not bullshit, however, your propensity for always posting a scoreline is moronic. An unkinder man than I would be keep a record of your wide of the mark scorelines to taunt you with, call you a ninnyhammer, a featherhead , a mooncalf or a jackanapes.

I trust you will accept this as sound advice not to make stupid predictions & thank me for not call you ninnyhammer, etc. etc.
Dearest baggers
Can't remember the exact numbers but of late I've called 2 BP wins over treviso, a narrow win over zebre, a 6 pt defeat to leinster and I think I had the munster scoreline at 32-15 or something. I was also the only person in the UK/Ireland that thought Ireland could possibly beat the All Blacks in November. I'm on a roll laddie.... If you have a few bob, slap it on 26-18.....

Ninnyhammer, by your own hand you confirm that your scores are invariably wrong yet as always you seek to make a virtue of being wrong - confused mooncalf. :banghead:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

pip14 wrote:Cheers Snipe, of course every other day is fine like :roll:
It has improved a bit today.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

my worry is that they will maul us to death… hopefully we have lulled them into a false sense of security.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

If Ulster play the way they did against Montpellier in Montpellier, they will win. Of that I have no doubt. Leicester's defence looks porous at times; look at their performance at Welford Road against Montpellier, for example. Ulster have the backs to exploit that and a forward pack that won't be bullied the way Monpellier let themselves be at the start of that game.

I can't be the only person who has been distinctly unimpressed with Leicester, right? But for three scores in the last few moments, we'd be looking at a team with five fewer match points than they actually have. Some might say that is the sign of a great team and, in part, I agree that the ability to play with to the 80 is a hugely admirable trait and a sign of the quality Ulster will face. But, a better team would not have been in those positions, repeatedly. The simple fact is that Ulster haven't been in such perilous positions in the same group against the same teams and, certainly away to Montpellier, they beat (and beat well) a significantly better Montpellier team than the Tigers limped home against.

Past form, on the day, means nothing, of course. There are far too many variables that can influence the outcome of a rugby game to draw any meaningful inference here. That said, I think many Ulster fans are in danger of seriously over-estimating what we've observed from Leicester this season. It'll be a tough game. The outcome isn't certain but Ulster, sure as hell, can win this one. And I will say that if Ulster play as well as we've seen them play at other times this season, then they will win. If Ulster put in the kind of performance they did in Montpellier, the Tigers can no more live with Ulster than Pells could.

If I was a betting man, the Ulster shades would have a tenner on Ulster to win by a score.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Neil F wrote:If I was a betting man, the Ulster shades would have a tenner on Ulster to win by a score.
According to the bookies they'll take your tenner and keep it, they have us odds on to win.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

the ENGLISH bookies I assume
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

As always, it'll come down to who wins the forward battle.

Our forwards have lost their battle in the last 3 games, Leinster, Munster & Montpellier in my opinion. So we've under performed for quite a while now.

We have to lift our game big style because everyone knows what we are capable of, it's just a question of producing it on the day.

Stating the obvious I know.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

tigerburnie wrote:
Neil F wrote:If I was a betting man, the Ulster shades would have a tenner on Ulster to win by a score.
According to the bookies they'll take your tenner and keep it, they have us odds on to win.
No brad pitt

You're at home and champions of the world, of course you'll win.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999