Irel;and v France

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

ardslegendsoldman
Novice

Re: Irel;and v France

Post by ardslegendsoldman »

Big packs has always been "Le Goret's" way.For a very good ex-international wing, PSA seems transfixed on bashing it up the middle with the juggernauts.
MCBwinwinwin
Initiate

Post by MCBwinwinwin »

Parra is suspended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

A lot of the reason why we rarely beat them is we could not compete with them physically up front.
Our overall record against them is bad winning once in the last 15 games home or away.
The good news is we have drawn the last two but that it more of a reflection of how bad they are than how good we have been.
Even better news for us is our front 5 have been a revelation in this years 6 nations including subs.
To win in Paris we need at least parity in that area which is definatlely achieveable from the evidence so far.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

France have recalled forward Louis Picamoles for the crucial Six Nations finale against Ireland in Paris.

The Toulouse man, usually an automatic choice, was dropped for the last game against Scotland because he had been disrespectful to referee Alain Rolland.

Picamoles, 28, mockingly applauded Rolland after being shown a yellow card during France's defeat by Wales.

Exciting centre Gael Fickou, 19, comes in to the French team, while Remi Tales replaces Jules Plisson at fly-half.

Fickou, who scored a late try in the 26-24 win over England, takes over from Maxime Mermoz, who is a replacement for the Paris showdown.

In the pack, Dimitri Szarzewski is preferred to Brice Mach at hooker.

The inclusion of Picamoles at blind-side means Damien Chouly moves to seven, while Alexandre Lapandry is number eight and Sebastien Vahaamahina drops to the bench.

France: B Dulin; Y Huget, M Bastareaud, G Fickou, M Medard; R Tales, M Machenaud; T Domingo, D Szarzewski, N Mas, P Pape (cpt), Y Maestri, L Picamoles, A Lapandry, D Chouly.

Replacements: G Guirado, V Debaty, R Slimani, A Flanquart, S Vahaamahina, W Lauret, JM Doussain, M Mermoz.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26559353

Morgen Parra is available for this game as his suspension finished last week, but just not selected.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/i ... -1.1706959
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

IRELAND: R Kearney (Leinster); A Trimble (Ulster), B O’Driscoll (Leinster), G D’Arcy (Leinster), D Kearney (Leinster); J Sexton (Racing Metro 92), C Murray (Munster); C Healy (Leinster), R Best (Ulster), M Ross (Leinster); P O’Connell (Munster, capt), D Toner (Leinster); P O’Mahony (Munster), C Henry (Ulster), J Heaslip (Leinster).

Replacements: S Cronin (Leinster), J McGrath (Leinster), M Moore (Leinster), I Henderson (Ulster), J Murphy (Leinster), E Reddan (Leinster), I Madigan (Leinster) , F McFadden (Leinster).
Last edited by Neill_M on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

Schmidt said that if Sexton was unavilable, Jackson would have started, Madigan on the bench because of some players carrying niggles and his experience playing 10,12 and 15 gives more cover.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Bayern wrote:Schmidt said that if Sexton was unavilable, Jackson would have started, Madigan on the bench because of some players carrying niggles and his experience playing 10,12 and 15 gives more cover.
I think thats fair enough and rest assured Joe will not have taken that decision lightly.
Its better for PJ to be Irelands number two fly half and focus on that one position rather than to be shunted around positions like Madigan being an Austen Healy jack of all trades type player.
Dont think its doing Madigans game any favours and besides PJ needs the game time for the Sarries match which is fastly approaching so that decision could work out well all round.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

fastly??
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Does anyone else think that Jackson, given the chance, could be as good a 12 as Madigan?

Just an aside; from a squad point of view I can understand the decision, and Schmidt very explicitly isn't saying Jackson is anything less than the second fly-half.
It's the hope that kills you.
loosehead1984
Initiate

Re: Ireland v France

Post by loosehead1984 »

Very sorry to see PJ dropped completely from the 23 for the decider. Very glad for Ulster though :fleg:

I'll stand by what I said earlier, this is a huge game for Joe.

Whatever happens... it should be a cracker!
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Big thing for Jacko is not being there if they lift the 6N trophy.
Unless they fly him out on Saturday morning.
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:Big thing for Jacko is not being there if they lift the 6N trophy.
Was thinking the same - wouldn't be surprised to see him there on Sat afternoon - hope so.
Finished
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Rovi Snave wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:Big thing for Jacko is not being there if they lift the 6N trophy.
Was thinking the same - wouldn't be surprised to see him there on Sat afternoon - hope so.

Wee Paddy, Ulster's John Terry. Up in the stands in a suit with the full kit underneath. Bit of mud on the knees and ruffle the hair up ready to go and collect the trophy :cheers:
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Does anyone else think that Jackson, given the chance, could be as good a 12 as Madigan?

Just an aside; from a squad point of view I can understand the decision, and Schmidt very explicitly isn't saying Jackson is anything less than the second fly-half.
I'd wager that Jackson would be a much better 12 than Madigan. But Jackson has international starting out-half written all over him and a couple of years, will be Ireland's regular starting 10. Precisely what he'd gain in the long-term by attempting to "branch out" into 12 is, therefore, questionable. A few more bench appearances in the short-term seems a poor return for the cost of trying to be a jack of all trades.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

They are