Les Kiss - Director of Rugby

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Les Kiss - Director of Rugby

Post by Cornerfleg »

Happy enough with this ... but have to laugh at the response on the UR web site ... all this wow wtf out of the blue stuff ... this was coming from a long time ago ...

I have a suspicion we will see Johann back here at some point in the future and not as a fan!!!!! Might take a season though.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Snipe Watson wrote:
breakdown wrote:I wonder how much this decision was a decision made by Logan himself or was his hand forced by the IRFU to bring him in?

Either way its a good appointment by all parties imo
I'd say this is a Nucifora move.
Quite good then that hes actually imposing himself, in a good way
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Muller should be back in a year's time if all goes to plan :cheers:
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Do you know the best bit about Les getting the job ... it isn't Clarke or EOS ....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Maybe the fact that some of our coaches refused to seemingly work if others were appointed called for a compromise having to be found.. I wondered a few weeks ago how much input the IRFU might have had...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Gary wrote:Muller should be back in a year's time if all goes to plan :cheers:
I'd like to throw my hat into this ring as well ... let the dust settle, sort out the farm ... jobs waiting for ye big man.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:
Gary wrote:Muller should be back in a year's time if all goes to plan :cheers:
I'd like to throw my hat into this ring as well ... let the dust settle, sort out the farm ... jobs waiting for ye big man.
Fleg you and I could head over and do the farming for him, I'll tell you what to do and sit in the office with cool ones :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

What sort of coach is Kiss?
Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Excellent news all round, I congratulate Fit and his doubtless entire army of advisors on a sublime job, steering a path between the supporting cast at Ulster "thoo'in the toys around", saying "well if he's getting it I'm off" and appointing a clown.

Superb piece of business buying time to discover that a head coach rather than a DOR who doesn't coach is what we need with some backroom stuff being allocated elsewhere.

The fact that Kiss is a rated coach exceeds my modest expectations, "the fans will be happy" was not hyperbole after all, this one is very happy.

Splendid job all round to those who pulled this off, as good a way to buy time as we could have hoped for. :thumleft:

>appl >appl >appl

I knew there was a reason at the info meeting why I was tempted to say, "hey Fit, give us a kiss".
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Will someone please spare a thought for the owners of Cutter's Wharf, they will be devastated at this news...allegedly!
drumbo diehard
Novice

Post by drumbo diehard »

What about LES DENNIS or LES PATTERSON and SPARKY must GO
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Quite suprised by this, a much better appointment than I was expecting. I'd have thought it'd be quite a blow for the national team to lose one of their key coaches in a world cup year. I wonder how much involvement the IRFU had in this and whether they're happy about it?
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

MightyRearranger wrote:Quite suprised by this, a much better appointment than I was expecting. I'd have thought it'd be quite a blow for the national team to lose one of their key coaches in a world cup year. I wonder how much involvement the IRFU had in this and whether they're happy about it?
He's continuing on in his role at IRFU. It's a big ask for him I'm sure. Really hope he can sort us out.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

MightyRearranger wrote:Quite suprised by this, a much better appointment than I was expecting. I'd have thought it'd be quite a blow for the national team to lose one of their key coaches in a world cup year. I wonder how much involvement the IRFU had in this and whether they're happy about it?
Apparently Kiss is keeping his Ireland job too. Hope that works out without any conflict of interest.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

one early worry is the fact that he will continue his role with the Irish set-up so in the lead up to the 6N's we may be left with Doak and Bell to run the operation as I suspect we won't have a stand in.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU