Leinster 15/16

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Re: Leinster 15/16

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Not sure which of these was worst:

Leighton Hodges

Welsh commentary

Leinster inability to finish

Actually Hodges was.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I actually think Hodges is okay as a ref but he bottled a couple of decisions tonight ...... said with the disclaimer that I didn't see all of the match.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Quite a humping of Leinster by Wasps. Half the team are looking past it.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Spiffsson wrote:Quite a humping of Leinster by Wasps. Half the team are looking past it.
Was at the match. Leinster brutal, so bad. If they had played like that under the previous head coach there would have been uproar.

Sexton put in a performance that Jackson would have been hung, drawn and quartered for if it were him. Awful.

Jordi Murphy, again the only thing he wrecked today was his hair.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

IT will be interesting to se how the Southern Media deal with this game, especially considering the criticism of the " Nordies" decision to wait for a year together Les Kias and our signing Charlie Boy as Full back/ centre for next year.
Saw the comment on the Leinster Web " Come back MOC all is forgiven" nearly as fickle as some on this site.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Spiffsson wrote:Quite a humping of Leinster by Wasps. Half the team are looking past it.
That is beyond a standard humping :shock: :shock: :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I was thinking that myself. They looked like they had one monumental world cup hangover.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Didn't see the game but what a result. Leinster do tend to start seasons a little sluggish so will be interesting to see how they recover. Looks like all three provinces need an injection of quality.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Watched with interest. Leinster's passing was beyond awful in the first half, shoulder height or higher, not one in the bread basket.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Setanta wrote:Watched with interest. Leinster's passing was beyond awful in the first half, shoulder height or higher, not one in the bread basket.
Poor coaching
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

I'm looking forward to the Leinster v Ulster game with slightly less apprehension than usual.
Still plan to get tanked up in Weatherspoons (FortyFoot), Dun Laoghaire beforehand though to help calm the nerves.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:I'm looking forward to the Leinster v Ulster game with slightly less apprehension than usual.
Still plan to get tanked up in Weatherspoons (FortyFoot), Dun Laoghaire beforehand though to help calm the nerves.
Unless they swap that weekend for the Oyonnax away match :stir:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

A once-off; I do not think Leinster will ever play that badly again! Very annoying to hear the entire BT crew saying Wasps MUST keep Piutau at any cost, not just once but on at least six occasions. He looks a very good buy.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I would councel against too much sneering at the Mexican performance, at least until we play on Friday. I'm officially concerned. England's early exit from the RWC appears to have their clubs sharp and ready, though thankfully Ospreys got it together in the 2nd half to see off Exeter.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

I wouldn't so much sneer at the Mexicans as suggest that they are nowhere near as good as people here continue to give them credit as being.

I mentioned a week or two ago that Mexico don't concern me anywhere near as much as they once did.

Sexton is the only player that would get in our starting back line. That is based on Jared starting ahead of Kearney Snr at Fullback of course.

Up front they have two better LH's than us and probably three better TH's. They have better back row depth than we do but I would fancy an Ulster back row with a fit Hendo and Henry to give even Leinsters first choice back row a run for its money. Their locks are terrible. McCarthy is a bag of dung and Triggs looks like a hippy who'd be more at home on the beach with a surf board and a spliff. Toner is still decent but has literally nobody to play beside him. Lewis Stevenson would be close to getting a starting call currently for my money. Cronin and Strauss both inferior players in comparison to Best and Herring.