RWC - Group A

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: RWC - Group A

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote: I can see Wales doing a number on England. If the Welsh can contain the English pack, they have the backs to break the English line.
That would be a nightmare really. I can't see it. I think England will swat them away like the irritating wee shítes deserve. I shall have my COSG raised in the house and hope I can generate enough positive energy to be transmitted directly to the England Team.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Shan wrote:I fancy Australia to top the group with England second with both beating Wales. I don't really mind which order those two end up in though as long as Wales are gone. Hope Fiji beat Wales for good measure. 3 Welsh defeats would be just awesome.
I can see Wales doing a number on England. If the Welsh can contain the English pack, they have the backs to break the English line.
Yeah, I think so too. Wales have the backrow to turn the screw at the breakdown and Halfpenny can kick his points. At full-strength, Wales like Ireland, are a decent side and a match for more or less anyone. Of course, England at home should be a banker but they are pretty inconsistent and I wonder if the pressure and expectation of the being the home side will get to this set of players. They don't have much of a chance to 'cruise' into the tournament as they play Fiji, Wales and then Oz so the pressure is on from the off and they need to perform.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

You could envisage a scenario where Oz, Wales and Engerland all lose one game, which could bring BPs into play.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

I see George Smith has picked Fiji and Oz to go through from group A.... crafty sod.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Shan wrote:I fancy Australia to top the group with England second with both beating Wales. I don't really mind which order those two end up in though as long as Wales are gone. Hope Fiji beat Wales for good measure. 3 Welsh defeats would be just awesome.
I can see Wales doing a number on England. If the Welsh can contain the English pack, they have the backs to break the English line.
Not at Twickers
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

againstthehead wrote:I see George Smith has picked Fiji and Oz to go through from group A.... crafty sod.
Is it August 1st in the backwaters?
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

big mervyn wrote:
thecrouch wrote:I actually think England could very easily be the team to fail to get out of that group.
That would make the World Cup for me - possibly better than Ireland getting to the semis.
Same here - Paddy Power offering 10/3 for England to fail to get beyond the group stage - might just go for that!!!
Finished
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rovi Snave wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
thecrouch wrote:I actually think England could very easily be the team to fail to get out of that group.
That would make the World Cup for me - possibly better than Ireland getting to the semis.
Same here - Paddy Power offering 10/3 for England to fail to get beyond the group stage - might just go for that!!!
Throwing your money away

47% will not get you through the group stage
Crusoe
Novice

Post by Crusoe »

Corals 5/1 England not to make it out of group if you are going to bet on this scenario.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Crusoe wrote:Corals 5/1 England not to make it out of group if you are going to bet on this scenario.
And they will make a ton of money on chumps betting on that

England
Australia
Fiji
Wales
Uruguay

Wales and Fiji might swap but both will lose 2 games
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Have to disagree Russ - I think 5/1 on England finishing third (or lower) is worth a few quid just for fun - maybe that makes me a chump but hey ho - been called worse :lol:

I can feel it in me water :cheers:
Finished
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rovi Snave wrote:Have to disagree Russ - I think 5/1 on England finishing third (or lower) is worth a few quid just for fun - maybe that makes me a chump but hey ho - been called worse :lol:

I can feel it in me water :cheers:
You could. I was called almost English by one hallion yesterday.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

There's usually one big shock.

Tonga beating France in 2011, Fiji beating Wales in 2007, Samoa beating Wales in 1999, Western Samoa beating Wales in 1991.

Hold on. Wales getting bate by a bunch of Islanders is par for the course. What price are Fiji :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote:There's usually one big shock.

Tonga beating France in 2011, Fiji beating Wales in 2007, Samoa beating Wales in 1999, Western Samoa beating Wales in 1991.

Hold on. Wales getting bate by a bunch of Islanders is par for the course. What price are Fiji :lol:
Now yer talkin. :D

Organisers have created the fixtures to give Wales an advantage(surprise surprise). They play Fiji on Oct 1 and Australia play England on Oct 3. Then Wales play Australia after a nice long break on Oct 10. Even with all that they won't beat Australia as they are not able to beat them. Last 10 games all won by Australia.

Gwan Oz.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:
big mervyn wrote:There's usually one big shock.

Now yer talkin. :D

Organisers have created the fixtures to give Wales an advantage(surprise surprise). They play Fiji on Oct 1 and Australia play England on Oct 3. Then Wales play Australia after a nice long break on Oct 10. Even with all that they won't beat Australia as they are not able to beat them. Last 10 games all won by Australia.

Gwan Oz.
There is an interesting pattern there. '91, '99, '07, ...'15?

Every 8 years. It's written in the stars!
Big Neville Southall