The Disappeared 2018-19 season

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Eggs
Warrior Chief

Re: The Disappeared 2018-19 season

Post by Eggs »

Gerald the Mole wrote:BLack
SImpson
Browne
SVDM
TRimble
Bowe
cave
SHannahan
Herron
P
Cotzee
Jackson
Olding
Patterson
CRoss
Warwick

I expect all these to not be here next season maybe forgot a few
Really hope you are wrong. Browne, Cross and Warwick are all decent squad players. Bows has still something to give in my opinion, he isn't going to be the Bowe of old, but he is regaining a degree of form. SVDM- who could say!?? And if Marcelo gets back to fitness then we should have him back.

And P remains as ever a good SH to have on the bench, despite the thought of many on here.

The rest of them, fair enough,but Olding and Jackson are out of our hands (but will never play for UR again).

The problem we have is that we can't tempt players up from down south, and there's very limited other options with the NIQ policy. No point on getting rid of players unless we have replacements of at least the same standard, or real potential in a young player
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Most of Gerald's list won't be here next year I hope. A few should never have been signed. Some I'll be sad to see go. Cave should be kept but won't and I wouldn't blame him either if he turned a deal down as well. I'd live to give SVDM a chance at least and Coetzee should stay.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Even when we were "challenging" a few seasons ago it was built on no strength in depth and relying on big signings (who were genuinely quality players) not getting injured. Last night we were missing 5 of our 1st choice players from 1-9. If we had had to go to Thomond in 2012 without Court, Afoa, Pedrie, Ferris and Ruan then it would have been the likes of Deccie Fitz, falloon, big Lou Stevenson and beagle taking up the reigns. It was a very short sighted strategy albeit one which almost paid off, but the reality is that like the other times we have tasted success, in 99, 2003 and 2006, there was no real foundation being built.

Sorting out the schools and Academy HAS to be the long term solution for Ulster and whilst many have oreached the importance of it from Hump to McGlock to Kiss, something needs to be done about it.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

I think anyone expecting a large turnover of players for next year is going to be disappointed. By and large it'll be the same squad.

I hope we give Cairns / Stewart some gametime this season. Playing Paul Marshall is a waste of time at this point.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

thecrouch wrote:I think anyone expecting a large turnover of players for next year is going to be disappointed. By and large it'll be the same squad.

I hope we give Cairns / Stewart some gametime this season. Playing Paul Marshall is a waste of time at this point.
No it won't , bet ya a pastie supper
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
thecrouch wrote:I think anyone expecting a large turnover of players for next year is going to be disappointed. By and large it'll be the same squad.

From Beatties?

Have you got some insider info Gerry baby?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

scrum5 wrote:First to go should be Les Kiss followed by Kieron Campbell

1st team players to be released should be Callum Black, Pete Browne, Brett Herron, Paddy Jackson, Stuart Olding Dave Shanahan and Andrew Warwick, I would increase the academy intake and employ Brian McLaughlin as the academy DOR with full say....Would bust the bank to sign Ritchie Mo'unga, I would blood McCusker, O'Hagan, Regan, Dunleavy, Jones and anyone else McGlocks thought good enough. I'd rather watch a team of our youngsters who have the potential to get better than player who we know won't and players who would play for their province more than anything else....
MCCusker, O'Hagan Regan Dunleavy Jones are all current academy players being developed , why would you get rid of Campbell?

Why have McClocks at the Academy ffs he should be Head Coach , but alas as my old granny once said, once fûcked always fûcked, why would he ever darken the doors while the perpetrators of his demise still walk the corridors of power.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

thecrouch wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:

From Beatties?

Have you got some insider info Gerry baby?
Nope, just as I posted earlier somewhere, time for change, time for a new guard .
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

I'd get rid of Campbell as he has no record of winning anything as a coach or DOR and pretty well finish Dungannon off as competitive team
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
scrum5 wrote:First to go should be Les Kiss followed by Kieron Campbell

1st team players to be released should be Callum Black, Pete Browne, Brett Herron, Paddy Jackson, Stuart Olding Dave Shanahan and Andrew Warwick, I would increase the academy intake and employ Brian McLaughlin as the academy DOR with full say....Would bust the bank to sign Ritchie Mo'unga, I would blood McCusker, O'Hagan, Regan, Dunleavy, Jones and anyone else McGlocks thought good enough. I'd rather watch a team of our youngsters who have the potential to get better than player who we know won't and players who would play for their province more than anything else....
MCCusker, O'Hagan Regan Dunleavy Jones are all current academy players being developed , why would you get rid of Campbell?

Why have McClocks at the Academy ffs he should be Head Coach , but alas as my old granny once said, once fûcked always fûcked, why would he ever darken the doors while the perpetrators of his demise still walk the corridors of power.
How was jones yesterday?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Don't know, please tell
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

scrum5 wrote:Don't know, please tell
Good was the answer

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

I’m sensing a change in attitude/culture at UR?.....is this the JGibbes effect?
Hopefully there will be a massive clear out at the end of the season. Although the major focus is on the mediocrity of the pack and addressing it, there are massive decisions to be made in the backs....PJ SO JP injury CP leaving the 2 wingers and Cave....that’s a big whole to fill and a lot of freed up money to reinvest.
Also why is the decision re PJ SO non UR futures so clear cut even if acquitted? We can all second guess roughly what the scenario was ( let’s leave it at that). My point being last season UR allowed a “convicted” double drink driver to remain on the books RW, and also Herron.....and it’s hardly like they were superstar signings UR needed on the pitch.
UR recruitment policy will be severely stress tested this coming yr, and I hope they give home grown players a go.
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

Gerald the Mole wrote:BLack
SImpson
Browne
SVDM
TRimble
Bowe
cave
SHannahan
Herron
P
Cotzee
Jackson
Olding
Patterson
CRoss
Warwick

I expect all these to not be here next season maybe forgot a few

That leave Kyle McCall being our only loose head
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

If people believe PJ and SO will never play for Ulster again no matter the outcome then why havent they had their contracts terminated already?