Should Gibbs and Peel Go if:

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Should Gibbs and Peel Go if:

Post by Bart S »

Kofi - a bit harsh on Gibbes and too generous towards Russ (for sure!), but i take your point. Gibbes is proven at turning a good pack into a winning one, but i accept different skills and mentality may be required to turn a poor one into a relatively decent one.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Gibbes needs to stay.

Fcuk me with a stick lads, how many coaches are we going to plow through before we realise that the shower of wasters who pull on the jersey every week are the ultimate source of our problems?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Bart S wrote:Kofi - a bit harsh on Gibbes and too generous towards Russ (for sure!), but i take your point. Gibbes is proven at turning a good pack into a winning one, but i accept different skills and mentality may be required to turn a poor one into a relatively decent one.
I have my badges

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Give me a shot at it I have my badges... Tell them Cockers wants the gig and the stupid feckers will think its Cockrill and say YES..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Should Gibbs and Peel Go if:

Post by kingofthehill »

Can’t remember who said it,possibly Baggy or Kofi but it’s going to get worse before it’s better.

The age profile of our top players isn’t good. There seems to be a 3-4 year gap from around 2006-2010 where ulster didn’t provide a pathway for local players to come through.

Who’s fault is this?
Ulster head coach at time
Academy coach
Cornerfleg (Bryn, Constable)
Clubs
Schools
Logie

Probably all of the above, but the buck has to stop with someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Lancaster

Brings hands skills and tempo, something a team with a small pack and decent backs need.

Has an incredible record of bringing through youth.

Vilified by English media.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

kingofthehill wrote:Can’t remember who said it,possibly Baggy or Kofi but it’s going to get worse before it’s better.

The age profile of our top players isn’t good. There seems to be a 3-4 year gap from around 2006-2010 where ulster didn’t provide a pathway for local players to come through.

Who’s fault is this?
Academy coach
Clubs
Schools
Logie

I think the person(s) responsible has already left Ulster Rugby.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The King and I both expect this to get worse, what some of you clowns don’t understand is that we are now at the arseend of bottom of the barrel in terms of player availability. If you expect a new voice to turn that around in a week or two you aren’t just a clown, you are a clownish fückwït.

I think that’s me done with this pile of shyte other than to say anything better than one more win in the remainder of a woeful season will surprise me.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

therealspratt wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Can’t remember who said it,possibly Baggy or Kofi but it’s going to get worse before it’s better.

Who’s fault is this?
Academy coach
Clubs
Schools
Logie

I think the person(s) responsible has already left Ulster Rugby.
And to think Matt Sexton waited around for that job at the time.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

As fans I think sadly we need a strong dose of reality.

We are now a team that the likes of Glasgow will expect to have a good chance of beating away. Similarly teams like Scarlets should expect a BP win against us when they are at home.

What we don’t need is a knee jerk reaction based on results. We do need a coach who can bring on the likes of Rea and Timoney. Don’t really see any way as fans we are going to be able to judge that, at least in the short term
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Leo Cullen has turned Mexico around. We should get an ex player

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

As of a couple of weeks ago we had lost one home game all season. We may have a couple more injuries now but given how little we are impacted numbers wise by the 6 N’s versus some of the ither teams, let’s not kid ourselves that we should be acceoting defeats as a result. Scarlets were having to chuck in kids (literally). Did we have to play anyone bar McPhillips with less than 10 caps?

I don’t see why we should accept that results should get even worse than under Kiss because of injuries and crap players, when we have had that all season and are now playing weakened teams anyway. Beating Glasgow at home during the 6N’s unless they have their internationals back should not be considered miraculous achievement - we shpuld expect that. Even this season.

Given the resources we have, are Gibbes and Peel the right men to have in place for what we need right now? I hope any review will be asking that.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Indeed.

Les managed to beat their 1st XV away last season, lest we forget.

BBL
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Russ wrote:Leo Cullen has turned Mexico around. We should get an ex player

I think he needed the mentor in Lancaster to help that along.. maybe I am giving too much credit to Stuart. On the plus side we tend to work well under ex-school teachers..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

I tend to agree with Kofi we don't have the personel to challenge for silverware but I think we can always do better.
The starting point for any side is discipline and humbleness and an understanding of the importance of playing for the supporters and the shirt.
That's before anything on the pitch.

On field start with the basics.
Nailing set piece and defence.
The rest will follow but make ourselves hard to beat and make the oppositon work for everything.
That's the starting point and we don't move on until that's instilled.

Lancaster is certainly a man who can rebuild from the ashes and would be top of my list if available.
No matter who stays or is brought in it's important they don't get ahead of themselves until they install these simple ethics and principles.
Patience is key.