Ulster v Connacht Friday February 4 8:15pm KO BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Ulster v Connacht Friday February 4 8:15pm KO BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1

Post by jean valjean »

So It Is wrote:Big Marty has had a few concussions recently?

Worrying sign if the case. He's probably been our most consistent forward over the last season or 2.
He has played a lot and Dan may be looking to give him a month off and ease back in at the end of feb. I would hope TOT might be released for Friday.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster v Connacht Friday February 4 8:15pm KO BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1

Post by StandUp »

jean valjean wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:29 pm
So It Is wrote:Big Marty has had a few concussions recently?

Worrying sign if the case. He's probably been our most consistent forward over the last season or 2.
He has played a lot and Dan may be looking to give him a month off and ease back in at the end of feb. I would hope TOT might be released for Friday.
He deserves a break. Get the hanky on the head for a couple of weeks Marty👍
Come on Jordi and Izzy, let’s be havin ye. Can’t wait to see big Izzy back. Big hopes there.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster's Craig Gilroy has been cited for an act of foul play against Scarlets wing Tom Rogers in last weekend's URC clash in Belfast. South African referee Jaco Peyper issued a yellow card following Gilroy's shoulder to Rogers' head.

Via @simonrug on twitter.

So players can be cited even if the referee has made an onfield decision, i.e. yellow card re an incident then?
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Cupboard looking quite bare for tightheads as well then. Milasinovich and Kane? I'm not sure which one starts and which one benches.

I'd say there's a fair chance we will lose Gilroy to that citing (I thought the ref was correct in how he applied the law but it all hinges on whether there was a wrap or not. I thought there was a wrap but it's a close enough call on the angles I saw). If we lose Gilroy who comes in on the wing? Sexton? Moxham? Postlethwaite? This is starting to have the makings of a very tough prospect.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

allezlesverres wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:48 pm Cupboard looking quite bare for tightheads as well then. Milasinovich and Kane? I'm not sure which one starts and which one benches.

I'd say there's a fair chance we will lose Gilroy to that citing (I thought the ref was correct in how he applied the law but it all hinges on whether there was a wrap or not. I thought there was a wrap but it's a close enough call on the angles I saw). If we lose Gilroy who comes in on the wing? Sexton? Moxham? Postlethwaite? This is starting to have the makings of a very tough prospect.
I reckon Moxham to wing if Gilroy is banned and Sexton no 23 again. Appears Moore is at least available at centre again.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:32 pm Ulster's Craig Gilroy has been cited for an act of foul play against Scarlets wing Tom Rogers in last weekend's URC clash in Belfast. South African referee Jaco Peyper issued a yellow card following Gilroy's shoulder to Rogers' head.

Via @simonrug on twitter.

So players can be cited even if the referee has made an onfield decision, i.e. yellow card re an incident then?
Yet no mention of the shoulder to Marty’s head which caused the concussion.
Absolutely ridiculous.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Zebo's red was rescinded, not sure why Gilroy has even been cited
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:26 pm Zebo's red was rescinded, not sure why Gilroy has even been cited
Trial by social media
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

If the protocol is followed correctly this should be thrown out. As well as being tackled, the scarlets player actually clips his own leg akin to ankle tap, which caused him to fall significantly. Gilroy had no time to react and basically braced for the impact. The whiplash effect was sickening and is entirely the reason why this is getting the airtime it is.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

So It Is wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:24 pm Big Marty has had a few concussions recently?

We could have real issues containing Buckley at scrum time without Marty. He's a cute hoor and then some.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

That was his first twenty minutes at the weekend since he did his knee last spring. Gave up at least one pen.
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

Gilly not selected this w/e.. however a very able replacement coming back from Dublin due to a bit of a surprise call on the wing for Ireland on sat!!
..one more thing
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Columbo wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:58 pm Gilly not selected this w/e.. however a very able replacement coming back from Dublin Image due to a bit of a surprise call on the wing for Ireland on sat!!
So Gilroy is sitting out this game as part of expected ban? Baloucoune being sent back up? If so, thought he had shot at starting. Are they going with Mack Hansen v Wales?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Columbo wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:58 pm Gilly not selected this w/e.. however a very able replacement coming back from Dublin Image due to a bit of a surprise call on the wing for Ireland on sat!!
A start for the oldest winger in town?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:35 pm
A start for the oldest winger in town?
You mean Keith Earls, that would not be a surprise in my book, would mean they could have Ringrose, Aki and Henshaw in the 23.