Ulster v Dragons Fri April 14 7:35pm

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster v Dragons Fri April 14 7:35pm

Post by big mervyn »

Setanta wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:36 am When will the team be announced?
Is it on TV?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Players should be pretty well rested so we probably don't need to overly manage the squad. But saying that, the ext two games don't look very important as it looks very unlikely we will catch stormers. 2 BP wins will probably see us still in third, whilst 0 points will see us in 4th which is more or less the same thing isn't it? It's hard to see stormers dropping points at home v Munster and benetton.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

allezlesverres wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:49 am Players should be pretty well rested so we probably don't need to overly manage the squad. But saying that, the ext two games don't look very important as it looks very unlikely we will catch stormers. 2 BP wins will probably see us still in third, whilst 0 points will see us in 4th which is more or less the same thing isn't it? It's hard to see stormers dropping points at home v Munster and benetton.
2nd v 3rd and 1st v 4th in Semi Finals. If Leinster got beat in the Semi Finals (like last year by Bulls, then winner of 2 v 3 has home final).
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

allezlesverres wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:49 am Players should be pretty well rested so we probably don't need to overly manage the squad. But saying that, the ext two games don't look very important as it looks very unlikely we will catch stormers. 2 BP wins will probably see us still in third, whilst 0 points will see us in 4th which is more or less the same thing isn't it? It's hard to see stormers dropping points at home v Munster and benetton.
Munster are under severe pressure to get points, with a real possibility that they might miss out on the Champions Cup next season otherwise, and they always play best when their backs are against the wall, so although my money is on the Stormers, I'll be watching with interest!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster side to face Dragons RFC, Round 17 BKT United Rugby Championship, Friday 14 March at Kingspan Stadium (KO 7.35pm), live on ViaPlay and URC.tv.

(15-9) Mike Lowry, Craig Gilroy, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Jacob Stockdale, Billy Burns, John Cooney;

(1-8) Eric O’Sullivan, Tom Stewart, Tom O’Toole, Alan O’Connor (Captain), Sam Carter, David McCann, Marcus Rea, Duane Vermeulen.

Replacements:

John Andrew, Andy Warwick, Jeffery Toomaga Allen, Kieran Treadwell, Nick Timoney, Nathan Doak, Stewart Moore, Ethan McIlroy.

Players unavailable for selection: Rory Sutherland, Callum Reid, Rob Herring, Marty Moore, Iain Henderson, Cormac Izuchukwu, Matty Rea, Sean Reffell, Ben Moxham, Shea O’Brien, Rob Baloucoune, Will Addison.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dragons RFC: Jordan Williams, Rio Dyer, Jared Rosser, Max Clark, Ashton Hewitt, Angus O’Brien, Rhodri Williams (capt); Rhodri Jones, Elliot Dee, Leon Brown, Ben Carter, Matthew Screech, George Nott, Taine Basham, Aaron Wainwright

Replacements: Brodie Coghlan, Josh Reynolds, Lloyd Fairbrother, Sean Lonsdale, George Young, Lewis Jones, Will Reed, Aneurin Owen

Unavailable: Gonzalo Bertranou (foot), Joe Davies (knock), Jack Dixon (foot), JJ Hanrahan (hip), Steff Hughes (knock), Ollie Griffiths (pec), Harri Keddie (knock), David Richards (hamstring), Will Rowlands (shoulder), Aki Seiuli (suspension), Sio Tomkinson (suspension)
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

That team should be enough for a comfortable BP win.

With the 4th try coming in the 79th min as per.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Jake Flannery gets a 3 year contract but can't get a game at home to the Dragons. Honestly I don't get it.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Our injury list seems to have got a lot longer all of a sudden!
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

thecrouch wrote:Jake Flannery gets a 3 year contract but can't get a game at home to the Dragons. Honestly I don't get it.
He's one of 16 contracted players with less than 200 mins this season. As mentioned on the contracts page we are carrying a large number of players who the management either don't think are good enough or don't trust. Do ulster sign players just for training purposes?
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

jean valjean wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:36 pm
thecrouch wrote:Jake Flannery gets a 3 year contract but can't get a game at home to the Dragons. Honestly I don't get it.
He's one of 16 contracted players with less than 200 mins this season. As mentioned on the contracts page we are carrying a large number of players who the management either don't think are good enough or don't trust. Do ulster sign players just for training purposes?
Tbf at least half of them we should be glad they haven't gotten more than 200 mins, like Matty Rea, Curtis, Jones (I hope he hasn't had more than 200mins . . ), Milo etc.

Good management Dan :salut:
tom kite business Bryn :banghead:
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

So It Is wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:50 pm
Tbf at least half of them we should be glad they haven't gotten more than 200 mins, like Matty Rea, Curtis, Jones (I hope he hasn't had more than 200mins . . ), Milo etc.

Jones has less than 200 minutes.

But we just gave him a new contract. :scratch:
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Great selection for once, should have the bonus point by half-time. Someone should let Big Merv know that it is being televised, cannot wait.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Bradley Roberts not picked for the Dragons, or listed as unavailable. Shame he doesn't get a run out back here.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

thecrouch wrote:
So It Is wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:50 pm

Jones has less than 200 minutes.

But we just gave him a new contract. :scratch:
Countless days of 'being a good lad off the field' though.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?