those not going to Llanelli?

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Good to see the Rosie organising itself for rugby fans :D and to think next year they will be getting new HD screens in to cater even more except that Setanta don't do HD.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
johnjo
Novice

Friday night

Post by johnjo »

Are any of the London Exiles who arent making the trek to Wales watching it in a pub down here?

JJ
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Have received an email from Letterkenny RFC (Mark - treasurer) stating that the Orchard Bar/Inn on High rd L'Kenny will put it on if asked (i note from the website that they are one of the clubs sponsors) and if for some reason they dont then he says it should be on in the Voodoo Lounge Main st L'Kenny. I probably will b on me own with a copy of the Belfast Telegraph in front of me in case anyone wants to join me!! And as i breath in the fresh air of a Donegal pub i will think of some of ya diehard fans wheezing/coughing thru the smoke polluted atmosphere of the Rosetta!!
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
craftynick
Warrior Chief
Location: The home of cheap sangria & cheaper men - Barcelona

Post by craftynick »

H'woodMike2umate wrote:And as i breath in the fresh air of a Donegal pub i will think of some of ya diehard fans wheezing/coughing thru the smoke polluted atmosphere of the Rosetta!!
yep but then you cant threaten/promise to spank anyone if they smoke beside you :wink: :lol: :lol:
How beatiful it is do nothing, and then rest afterward - Spanish proverb
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

:shock:
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Well seeing as the smoke police are on holiday in Donegal i fully intend to to bring 40 ciggies to the Rosie tomorrow night.
Steak and chips, a few pints of Guinness then light up to watch Ulster claim the championship.

Keep your fresh air. :wink:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Nice of you to bring 20 for me Browner. B&H Silver or Gold would do.
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

H'woodMike2umate wrote:Have received an email from Letterkenny RFC (Mark - treasurer) stating that the Orchard Bar/Inn on High rd L'Kenny will put it on if asked (i note from the website that they are one of the clubs sponsors) and if for some reason they dont then he says it should be on in the Voodoo Lounge Main st L'Kenny.
Dear Mike, very kosher of Letterkenny RFC to oblige with that information, however a cautionary tale from history re advice from Letterkenny RFC.

Having played a game there the lads from LRFC advised us that our wee team minibus could meet up with the Letterkenny lads in a bar in the town. Could even have been the Voodoo Lounge methinks. With after match drinks having been taken we arrived at said bar and decided to surprise the Letterkenny lads with 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' theme tune. We also decided we would sing this as we stormed into the bar on our knees, obviously impersonating the little people. :roll:

Imagine the surprise of 3 men and a dog sitting at the bar as XV plonkers 'walking' on their knees marched into the bar singing 'Hey ho, it's off to work we go!!' We decided that the Letterkenny boys might be in the next door lounge and marched into it on our knees managing to collapse in a heap at the bottom of steps and surpising a solitary pair of love birds in the corner with our singing. Of the Letterkenny boys there was no sign. The joke was on us :oops: You have been warned Mike!! :twisted:
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Which one were you, bp?

I'm sure you looked very fetching in your blue dress.

I hope whoever played "Grumpy" did it in the best possible taste.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

BP - just for u i will report here briefly on Monday on my findings in L'kenny tonite. I have been in the Orchard before - nice enough pub. One visit was for a good fight of a game tween Leinster and Munster possibly in either Heini or Celtic cup some years ago ( i vaguely recall loads of scuffles & sin bins and maybe a sending off or 2) and at least two trips for footie so the omens are good enough for me to make the small detour into the town. Have never been in the Voodoo but may check it out too.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

H'woodMike2umate wrote:One visit was for a good fight of a game tween Leinster and Munster possibly in either Heini or Celtic cup some years ago ( i vaguely recall loads of scuffles & sin bins and maybe a sending off or 2)
Was that on the pitch or in the pub HWM :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

just to report i arrived at the Orchard (L'kenny) last friday @ 7.20pm with TV on but no-one watching it . A word with the barman got the game on albeit with very low volume but this was increased a wee bit (without request) at 1/2 time. Just seemed to be me watching the game although the odd person briefly stopped and glanced up en route to the loo. Frequent close ups of "6 county/N.I." flags probably didnt do much to inspire fervent passion in any locals who did happen to look at the game. Disaappointed not to see any yellow "9 county" flags or even the red and white chequered flags. Was briefly joined by a wee kid who asked loadsa questions (most of which i cud answer) and agreed with me that the pitch looked very very muddy. Guinness was good and no smoking was even better! Was the Rosetta smokey or not too bad?

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
ultimate ulster chick
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ultimate ulster chick »

smokey
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

***K. may try & see if CIYMS will have access to BBC Wales this friday in their new non-smoking bar. Anybody know??

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

ultimate ulster chick wrote:smokey
I didn't think it was too bad to be honest - though you were sitting in a corner full of smokers chick. From my vantage point in front of the big screen it was fine.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red: