Harrison to leave a year Early?

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Thats part of his interview in the times today.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cjp wrote:Thats part of his interview in the times today.
Any link for the complete interview :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Wacko Winger
Initiate

Post by Wacko Winger »

Rooster wrote:
cjp wrote:Thats part of his interview in the times today.
Any link for the complete interview :?
I think this is it: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... _1,00.html
Life's Tough, Get Over It
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

:thumleft: Whacko, thats one of the best personal interviews on a rugby player I have seen in ages. Searched for it yesterday and thought it must be a paper only one.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Judith Harrison
Squire

Post by Judith Harrison »

Oh my God, my heart literally ached when I read Justins' interview. For him to speak of his broken marriage must have been so wretched for him..he's so far away..but in good hands I feel. You may now realise how proud of him I am, his whole family is.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

That took courage to do that interview Mrs H, it would be fair to say that most here knew of his marriage problems but no one would have said much about it. Perhaps that will go in some way to clearing his on mind on the situation and heal some of the mental scars.
Rory Best
Judith Harrison
Squire

Thanks Rooster! I'm sure most were awareof the problems but, quite frankly, no-one expected such a crushing 'end', so abruptly. I agree that it is 'cleansing' for him to talk of it- and for him to know that you all now know..!
Solid Air
Initiate

Post by Solid Air »

What an article! Great interview and insight into the big-man, he certainly pulls no punches on the psychology side of his game, love his thoughts on 'sledging'-that it's better to have two guys running around after you for 80 minutes than chasing the ball!!

I would not like to see him leave Ulster early, if he went for personal reasons then fair play, but I think he has added greatly to Ulster's progress on the field, think big Matt, for one, will look back during his own career at the influence he benefited from, on his arrival?

Wouldn't it have been tremendous to see our local press posting an interview like this..................................
"Cheer up" he said "It could get worse", so I cheered up, and it got worse...
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Much respect to the Big Man it takes a lot of courage to open up like that, just hope that in speaking out it helps him in some way. He's a helluva player and a helluva nice bloke.
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
goodaine
Chancellor to the King

Post by goodaine »

ding dong2u wrote:Much respect to the Big Man it takes a lot of courage to open up like that, just hope that in speaking out it helps him in some way. He's a helluva player and a helluva nice bloke.

2nd that :salut:

I'm not drunk! I just have speech impediment... [vomits]
and a stomach virus... [falls off bar stool]
and an inner ear infection."
Brian Griffin
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Will never forget the first time he ran out at Ravenhill and he just walked and seemed to stare in amazement at what the crowd was like. He has transformed our pack and taken certain younger players under his wing and helped them alot. Will go down as one of our best signings. Become the enforcer of the side and will never take a backward step.
Judith Harrison
Squire

You are both 'spot-on' DingDong and Goodaine! This part of his life has really devastated Justin, and not to be taken lightly-I'm glad he's 'opened up'. Yes he is a hellova nice bloke, and one hellova great son. But he's yours now, he won't leave you.
Judith Harrison
Squire

cjp- I remember when I came over in May, surprised J. at Borders game- he got yellow carded (unwarrented-truly!!) and Ulster "mob" gave standing ovation as he came off!! And I thought the Brumbies crowd was fierce! And the family here are still bemused when I shout "Stand up.." when listening to games!!
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

The Ulster people have recognised the difficulty I’m going through. I’m not sure how knowledgeable the supporters are (about his personal situation) but I’m sure they know more than they let on.
There are certainly some (I don't know how many) who were aware of the problems, but Justin made it clear he didn't want to talk about them. Maybe now he feels the time is right, and I hope and trust this article helps him through the process. Justin has showed his remarkable courage to open up the way he has and I believe it will only serve to increase the respect that the Ulster rugby public have for him.

In the mean time, I hope he will come to know that although some of us knew of his heartache, we were trying to abide by his wishes in not being open about it, but it didn't stop us feeling for him.

I know we can never replace family, and being so many miles from home must be the hardest part, but I trust that Justin knows that he has a "family" here now too who are prepared to help if he'll let them. We cannot replace Judith's arms around her son, but we can give him a big Ulster hug!
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Solid Air wrote:What an article! Great interview and insight into the big-man, he certainly pulls no punches on the psychology side of his game, love his thoughts on 'sledging'-that it's better to have two guys running around after you for 80 minutes than chasing the ball!!

I would not like to see him leave Ulster early, if he went for personal reasons then fair play, but I think he has added greatly to Ulster's progress on the field, think big Matt, for one, will look back during his own career at the influence he benefited from, on his arrival?

Wouldn't it have been tremendous to see our local press posting an interview like this..................................
Agree with what you say Mr Air, but maybe Justin wasn't ready previously to give an interview to local press. I would think we all hope this article has helped, but that as a result of it, he won't be plagued into doing lots of others simply raking over the same stuff just to increase circulation of other papers.