Shocker

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dewi is the only one in the Sky bunch that actually thinks we that will cause a few problems, remember back to last year the rest of them smiled at him when he predicted Ulster to beat Glaws in Ravenhill, as we all know he had the last laugh, if we can get an away win at Biaritz or Sarries or even better both, we may just see a change in attitude and a decent camera at the home games instead of a mobile phone video :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Mid-Terrace
Novice

Post by Mid-Terrace »

Rooster wrote:Dewi is the only one in the Sky bunch that actually thinks we that will cause a few problems, remember back to last year the rest of them smiled at him when he predicted Ulster to beat Glaws in Ravenhill, as we all know he had the last laugh, if we can get an away win at Biaritz or Sarries or even better both, we may just see a change in attitude and a decent camera at the home games instead of a mobile phone video :lol:
They can keep the cameras away - that way Friday nights will be safe from the clutches of Sky et al!!

"Tell me why, I don't like Sundays"
Mine's a pint!
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

TBH they showed extended highlights of the games they had shown live or delayed over the course of the weekend. Any of the other games that weren't covered e.g. Leicester had similarly poor coverage.

We'll get our moment in the sun next Saturday and against Saracens.

I'm not sure that I agree with Greenwood that a Sarries win was good for us yesterday.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Freddie Benson wrote:
I'm not sure that I agree with Greenwood that a Sarries win was good for us yesterday.
A low scoring draw would have been the best result :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

Frankly, Sky are televising our next two games live (I bet the next four, actually, though the third/fourth's not confirmed), so I don't think we can suggest we don't get fair coverage from them. I think Sky have treated us very well since they took over the competition - although it helps that we have a big French side in our pools most years (as French TV is then keen to have the games televised, which makes it cheaper for Sky to do it).
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Could not generally complain about their coverage Aaron, as you say possibly will cover the next 4 games and when we win on Saturday (positive vibes) they might even cover all our remaining games if the Treviso game is a decider. It was the camera quality on Friday night was very poor, I would not expect touchline cameras etc but the one that was used did not seem to even try and zoom in, perhaps a learner at the controls :?
Rory Best
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

You're definitely right about that, it was very hard to watch.