Squad for QLD Reds

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Re: Squad for QLD Reds

Post by browner »

Thought we might see Marshall in this squad considering he only got 6mins at the end of the 1st half last week.
Agreed cheeser, I rate Marshall highly.............maybe Williams doesn't see him in the same light.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
downsouthdukin
Novice

Re: Squad for QLD Reds

Post by downsouthdukin »

scrum5 wrote:Will be interested to see how Ed O’Donoghue plays this week as i thought he was the stand out player last week and if he does keep to that standard it won't matter if Caldwell is injured or not as he will not be in the team. Also hoping that Chris Henry and Tommy Anderson get a bit more game time as they also looked good on Friday night. With our first choice wingers in Danielli and Nagusa playing on Friday we should see a hatful of trys ( fingers crossed anyway. ) The backrow is a good blend of youth in Diack and Pollock and a wise old head in Matt McCullough and should provide a good bases for the backs to play an exciting style of rugby. Will be interested to see how Boss and Humph Jnr perform as this will probably be the half back pairing for the start of the season (even though I thought Willis had a good game last Friday .) All in all a stronger team than the previous friendly and with the likes of Botha, Ferris and Trimble still to come into the equation Ithink we could do rather well this season even Matt Williams thinks so
We were pleased with the performance on Friday against Bath but we have a lot of work still to do and these friendlies are a great opportunity to see how the players are progressing and give the younger guys a chance as well. The Magners League is just weeks away and we are determined to make a vast improvement on our results from last season. We didn’t have a good time last season. Winning the Magners League and getting to the knock-out stages of Europe isn’t beyond this squad.”
downsouthdukin asks
just canvasing your opinion, who on this squad would get into the munster 15?
personally think our front five would be a match for Munster's and secondly can't think of to many Munstermen that i would have playing for Ulster ( Kerney and Howlett aside ) :stir:

haha.... :D god bless ye!!

the very Best of luck for the coming season lads. :thumleft: