Are we making moves?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Are we making moves?

Post by mikerob »

In today's IT:
Ulster chairman Michael Reid said they will announce the signing of a hooker, lock and backrow in the coming weeks.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mikerob wrote:In today's IT:
Ulster chairman Michael Reid said they will announce the signing of a hooker, lock and backrow in the coming weeks.
Well Rory is not going and I doubt Nigel is either so it must be Philpot that is moving/being moved on.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

that should sort out the pack - now for the backline...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Rooster wrote:
mikerob wrote:In today's IT:
Well Rory is not going and I doubt Nigel is either so it must be Philpot that is moving/being moved on.
Thats what it looks like. The hooker isn't likely to be a big name in that case although I'm sure they'll want to push for the bench spot and when Rory is on international duty.

I know we've signed Touhy but if Caldwell performs for Ireland/Ireland A then there is every chance he will get into the Ireland squad as a replacement for DOC/MOK on the bench so given CDF is leaving, more 2nd row cover is needed.

Back row: cover for Ferris on international duty... + Dawson retiring?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

You have to remember it could be some of the players that are already involved at present.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Guys, we are very light in the back row imo, Kieran is retiring, Chris Henry is out of contract and unsure whetehr to re sign after being messed about for some time, TJ hasn't exactly set the world alight, and he and falloon need to brought in grandually. That leaves us with Pollock, Diack, Ferris, one possibly 2 of which will see some international duty, therefore a back rower is vital... i think the announcement of the lock is filo btw! :afro:
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

Neil F ignoring Diack how do you make it 8 I make it 7.

Steinmitz, Del Fava, Dewey, Danielli, BJ, Shifty, Jim - is your extra player :afro: perhaps.

In which case my question would be could he, possibly, be one of the player Mike Reid is talking about. If so will he be a foreigner or will he be an Irishman by residency.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

can we just call him Phil O'paulo and be done with it
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

nonplussed wrote:...Chris Henry is out of contract and unsure whetehr to re sign after being messed about for some time...
Just curious - is that you surmising the Henry situation? Or are you speaking as an informed source, nonplussed?
GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Heard it whispered that one of the props is not confident of having his contracted re-newed.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
michael cotter
Novice

Post by michael cotter »

Does the IRFU consider Robbie Diack a foreign player? as he has shown an interest in playing for Ireland in the future. If the IRFU do consider DIACK TO BE a foreign player then with the new five foreign player player rule, Ulster can only sign irish qualified players for next season.
McPepper
Initiate

Post by McPepper »

On other player movement news, Force backrower Tamaiti Horua is expected to join Irish province Ulster, which is coached by former Waratahs mentor Matt Williams.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 17,00.html
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

It's his 28th birthday tomorrow (27th) - what a present for him - signing for Ulster (allegedly)
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Good player, dont know how hes going to cope with wet and windy ravers. Hes more or a Heaslip than a Ferris!
Mary had a little lamb . . .
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Slow down guys and ask yourselves the question - can he meet the criteria to achieve a T2 or T5 endorsement?
Illegitimi Non Carborundum