NEW CEO........................?

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

cables
Lord Chancellor

Re: NEW CEO........................?

Post by cables »

I may be very close to the inside
Expecting a visit from a Constable soon then?
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ulsterfan09 wrote:I may have another profile and created this one to keep my identity safe. You never know, all I care about is the future of our game, I apprecaite I may be very close to the inside and thus need to keep my distance.
pwrmoore the careless typing king :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

i heard that!!!! :cowboy:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

ulsterfan09 wrote:I apprecaite I may be very close to the inside and thus need to keep my distance.

Or may not...
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Post by the original kimble »

I don’t see any conspiracy from UR. They are undertaking a appointment process, conducted with all the appropriate discretion and confidentiality. However NI is a small place. The reason that two names became known was because there are people on this board who know the individuals concerned, and have discussed aspects of the job with them. The reasons there were hints and winks until very recently are:

Firstly the selection process was on going. Secondly, why else post on a rumours thread?

The reason that two names were subsequently published is because it is known they are not the preferred candidate.

The problem is that those on this thread ‘in the know’ do not know the name of the third man, or, until very recently they have had sufficient doubt. I did hear Hugh’s name in the context of related discussions, last week, but I cannot say categorically if he has applied or not.

And for those who follow such things, the dinner in the Harbour Commissioner’s on Friday was very pleasant. I saw Captain Smith’s dinner table – the one that never made it aboard the Titanic….

tok
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

ulsterfan09 wrote:I may have another profile and created this one to keep my identity safe. You never know, all I care about is the future of our game, I apprecaite I may be very close to the inside and thus need to keep my distance.
It's like an X-files episode!! Love it!
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Are you the third man kimble :shock:
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

the original kimble wrote:I don’t see any conspiracy from UR. They are undertaking a appointment process, conducted with all the appropriate discretion and confidentiality. However NI is a small place. The reason that two names became known was because there are people on this board who know the individuals concerned, and have discussed aspects of the job with them. The reasons there were hints and winks until very recently are:

tok
Could well be then that preferred candidate is not actually from NI seeing it is small place and someone is bound to have heard it by now :?
Rory Best
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Maybe just a coincidence, but this joke just hit my in-box......

The FBI had an opening for an assassin. After all the background checks, interviews and testing were done, there were three finalists; two men and a woman.

For the final test, the FBI agents took one of the men to a large metal door and handed him a gun.
'We must know that you will follow your instructions no matter what the circumstances. Inside the room you will find your wife sitting In a chair .. . . Kill her!!'

The man said, 'You can't be serious. I could never shoot my wife.’ The agent said, 'Then you're not the right man for this job. Take your wife and go home.'

The second man was given the same instructions. He took the gun and went into the room. All was quiet for about five minutes. Finally the man came out with tears in his eyes, 'I tried, but I can't kill my wife.' The agent said, 'You don't have what it takes. Take your wife and go home.'

Finally, it was the woman's turn. She was given the same instructions, to kill her husband. She took the gun and went into the room. Shots were heard, one after another. They heard screaming, crashing, banging on the walls. After a few minutes, all was quiet. The door opened slowly and there stood the woman, wiping the sweat from her brow.

'This gun is loaded with blanks' she said. 'I had to beat him to death with the chair.'

tok
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

www.ursc.co
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Mind you, if UBoat09 has not been torpedoed and there is a Ballymena angle can we assume that the branch might be looking for a man who can bring home the bacon?

tok

www.ursc.co
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Is there a good day this week to 'hide' news or at least minimise discussion of it?

Perhaps today at the same time as the team announcement but in another place. :stir:
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ulsterfan09 wrote:Just In

Had a conversation earlier this afternoon and I believe the man is very well connected to Sid M. This person i understand sold his business for a substantial 7 figure sum and is looking for something to do. UR i believe fits the bill. The name is being kept a secret as they want to make sure he is in for the long run.

Strange if true!!! if one ran their own business, were always in control to make their decisions and had the flexibility to do what they needed, why would one join the UB with the committees, boards etc and IRFU breathing down your neck. This possibly seems to be a face that can keep D4 at bay, add credibility and confidence for the Blazers to feel comfortable that one of their own is in the hot seat.

Will know more tomorrow when I get into work at BT6
Was he found out ? has he vanished mysteriously? is he sitting in a darkened room with a slow drip of water on the back of the neck and a light swinging in front of him?
Rory Best
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Who? UBoat09 or the third man?

Saw a documentary last night about the sinking of the Kursk. No one got out alive......

tok

www.ursc.co