Ireland squad for AI's

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Agers
Novice

Re: Ireland squad for AI's

Post by Agers »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Agers wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-unio ... m=facebook

Small Paul, Gilroy, Jackson and Fitzpatrick now called up to the squad (sorry if that's been posted here already) Had Kidney finally seen some sense??
No, he is sabotaging us of course. The aim of this evil is too try to open up the Rabo by completely screwing with our preparations for the Embra game. Doc Dave may have to get the boots out to make up numbers for any significant preparation.

Hope you are happy now that your gurning & bitching has resulted in emptying our squad. I know Deccie reads this forum, he told me himself.
TANTRUM.gif
Balls...hope I haven't just put an end to our season...I need to be more cyncial, I mean how did I even entertain the idea that Kidney would want to field a good Ireland team. Maybe we could send him on a wild goose chase by starting a rumour that Pienaar is Irish qualified?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

AyeYerMa wrote:Hmm. Interesting arrival in Ireland for Michael Bent just the same.
The Bent thing's a disgrace imo. His parachute's not even been folded yet and he's in? Nice message to Deccie Fitz, coming provincial T/Heads, and even boys like Andress who're now propping in the Aviva, and getting consistent first team gametime in a reknowned scrummaging league.
I understand Ireland were looking at Andress.. wonder what they thought? Maybe doors too expensive to repair in D4.... :stir:
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:
breakdown wrote:

Also is this the first time that Ulster have the largest representation of players in the Ireland squad?
Largest number in squad and smallest number in team probably.
No, in the sad absence of Cables, I don't have exact details but in the good old days before subs were allowed our magnificent province to provide 8 of the 15 more than once.
In the 1995 RWC, I seem to remember at least 5 or 6 Ulster players starting, including good ole Denis McBride, who scored against Wales...all off the back of a decade of Interpro dominance.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
AyeYerMa wrote:Hmm. Interesting arrival in Ireland for Michael Bent just the same.
The Bent thing's a disgrace imo. His parachute's not even been folded yet and he's in? Nice message to Deccie Fitz, coming provincial T/Heads, and even boys like Andress who're now propping in the Aviva, and getting consistent first team gametime in a reknowned scrummaging league.
I understand Ireland were looking at Andress.. wonder what they thought? Maybe doors too expensive to repair in D4.... :stir:
Not so sure CIMAN, he has just become a Leinster player after the NZ season ITM Cup has concluded as far as I know. Clearly targeted to bring over and get involved in a seriously weak position nationally. Its similar to Tom Court who played for Ireland in the Churchill Cup before playing for Ulster, except I'd be surprised if Bent actually plays in a capped match.

Its a position that Ireland can't be too choosy with, if he is good enough, get him involved. I would expect he may be involved against FIJI.

As for Andress ........ nah don't even want to go there. :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Bags, are the issues with Andress so insurmountable given he now seems to be doing well at Warriors?... only sayin like...

In addition, is Bent so significantly better than Deccie, Andress, Hagan etc.. cos he'll still be benching behind Ross anyway at Leinster?... time will tell. Thought at least he'd have a few starts for Leinster against significant opposition to see the whites of his eyes. Sorry for the cynicism, but NZ ITM etc.. is hardly Eurpean standard scrummaging..
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by CIMANFOREVER » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:22 pm
AyeYerMa wrote:
Hmm. Interesting arrival in Ireland for Michael Bent just the same.
The Bent thing's a disgrace imo. His parachute's not even been folded yet and he's in? Nice message to Deccie Fitz, coming provincial T/Heads, and even boys like Andress who're now propping in the Aviva
To be fair, you cant rely on Deccie Fitz, the man is made of chocolate and gets more injuries by himself than the rest of the Ulster team put together in a season.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

More than Ferris?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

fuzzylogic wrote:
by CIMANFOREVER » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:22 pm
AyeYerMa wrote:
Hmm. Interesting arrival in Ireland for Michael Bent just the same.
The Bent thing's a disgrace imo. His parachute's not even been folded yet and he's in? Nice message to Deccie Fitz, coming provincial T/Heads, and even boys like Andress who're now propping in the Aviva
To be fair, you cant rely on Deccie Fitz, the man is made of chocolate and gets more injuries by himself than the rest of the Ulster team put together in a season.
Unfortunately, I agree re Deccie. Ironically, I actually think a fit Deccie would be a better all round player than Ross, but I get the feeling we'll never know.

And then we should be developing Macklin. He's a much better prospect than Archer... Said it numerous times, I think he can do a job, at least at Ulster level- his basic technique's sound imo. He just isn't getting anything meaningful.. and with Aofa in place for AI's, doubt he still will..
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Bags, are the issues with Andress so insurmountable given he now seems to be doing well at Warriors?... only sayin like...

In addition, is Bent so significantly better than Deccie, Andress, Hagan etc.. cos he'll still be benching behind Ross anyway at Leinster?... time will tell. Thought at least he'd have a few starts for Leinster against significant opposition to see the whites of his eyes. Sorry for the cynicism, but NZ ITM etc.. is hardly Eurpean standard scrummaging..
On Andress, to be honest I don't know, my concern is that we have currently a very happy camp as far as I am aware, happier than last year. The last thing we need is a known messer, & I suspect that may be a kind description. We all know what happened the last time we had a few eejits on the books. I suspect that the Irish set up may be a less happy than Planet Ulster but equally are in no need of a potential trouble maker.

Andress's problem is that if you get a bad name in a pro sport it sticks. He has a degree of talent so some will take a chance with him, but he has made his own bed & must lie in it.

As for Bent, as far as I know he is significantly younger than Ross and I would imagine is seen as a replacement at Leinster perhaps for Ireland. I have been aware of him but have never especially watched him so I have no idea how he compares with teh guys you've mentioned. Time will tell but I assume his immediate inclusion in the squad means someone, maybe Feek, rates him.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Here's a question: When Payne qualifies for Ireland, and presuming DK (or whoever succeeds him, if anyone at that point) is happy enough to start him, will him or Kearney get the nod at 15?
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
stu
Novice

Post by stu »

breakdown wrote:Here's a question: When Payne qualifies for Ireland, and presuming DK (or whoever succeeds him, if anyone at that point) is happy enough to start him, will him or Kearney get the nod at 15?
Kearney on the wing, or will BOD's likely retirement before Jarred qualifies open another door?
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Straight shoot out between Kearney and Payne for the 15 jersey should the situation ever arise.

Wing is one of the positions Ireland do seem to have choice and exciting up and coming prospects.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Per Irishrugby.ie Neither BOD nor Rory will play during the AI's.

O'Driscoll's ankle is the problem and, more worryingly, it's Rory's neck.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Rory announcement on UR - 6-8 weeks, then a further assessment
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

UR website says 4-6 weeks with a further assessment afterwards. BOD is 8-12 weeks. Sounds bad for both.

So who's going to replace Rory for Northampton - Brady or Herring?
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.