Oyonnax Away November 14th

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Oyonnax Away November 14th

Post by Russ »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:The Oyonnax fans had already recommended that Café de France

So a wee bit of live music sounds good stuff >elvis
See you there SRH
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

You will Russy Boy ... just hope I can get your driver (Metocman) to Luton in time for the outward flight else you will be thumbing a lift from Geneva
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

metocman76 wrote:Gents, have come across this forum as I'm looking for other Ulster supporters going to the Oyonnax game.

I will be flying out of Luton to Geneva early Friday morning. Planning to spend the day in Geneva, soak up the culture and then head back out to the airport on Friday evening to pick up a hire car.

I've booked a VW Golf/Ford Fiesta or equivalent so should have four spare seats if thats helpful for anyone? Plan to leave the airport at 7PM and be at my hotel for 9PM. Expect the drive on Friday evening to take about two hours.

Managed to get a hotel room just outside of Oyonnax. Auberge Bon Accueil, Address: 17 Rue des Sources, 01100 Oyonnax.
Will drive back to Geneva airport on the Sunday morning. Depart about 9AM and get to Geneva airport by 11AM for a 2PM flight.

I did look at trains and buses but they all looked like the times were bad and travelling time was excessive.

Let me know if anyone needs a lift or that would be looking for a wingman to hit the bars and restaurants of Oyonnax on Friday or Saturday night for a bit of craic!

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Rob

SUFTUM!
Don't forget that at Geneva airport you can hire a car on both Swiss and French sides of the airport.
The French is cheaper. Just letting you know. ;)
metocman76
Novice

Post by metocman76 »

SUFTUM![/quote]

Don't forget that at Geneva airport you can hire a car on both Swiss and French sides of the airport.
The French is cheaper. Just letting you know. ;)[/quote]

I went for the French side as that was cheaper and thats where the stadium is but looking at a map its more convenient to drive through Switzerland. Will have to check with the Hire car company to see if thats allowed. If they say no then its a drive through the Alps. At least the scenery will be good!
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

I think the difficulty with the drive through on Swiss road is that you require a pass/tax for using the motorways which equates approx 30euros which you have to buy or else get fined. The roads will be grand to Oyo.

A mini convoy (at this stage 2 vehicles ... I did say mini) will be heading to Oyo after the Aer Lingus flight arrives on Friday morning. More than welcome to join us ... It'll give us someone else to blame when we get lost!!

:red: :fleg:
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

The route using the Swiss motorway is longer and only a couple of minutes quicker than sticking with the French roads.

Edited to make sense.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Flat-top
Novice

Post by Flat-top »

metocman76 wrote:SUFTUM!
The French is cheaper. Just let

I went for the French side as that was cheaper and thats where the stadium is but looking at a map its more convenient to drive through Switzerland. Will have to check with the Hire car company to see if thats allowed. If they say no then its a drive through the Alps. At least the scenery will be good![/quote]

Don't worry we will keep you right, from French side via the D884 it's less than 70kms probably about 90 mins even allowing for traffic and no Swiss roads or additional taxes to contend with.

SUFTUM :red:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

[Anorak] And you get to see CERN [/Anorak]
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Flat-top
Novice

Post by Flat-top »

BR wrote:[Anorak] And you get to see CERN [/Anorak]

Angels and Demons

:red: and :stout:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Forecast is dry until Sunday night. Cold mornings, negligible wind.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

To clarify - that's the WEATHER forecast. The other forecast is almost the complete opposite.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

BR wrote:Forecast is dry until Sunday night. Cold mornings, negligible wind.

NOT inside Café de France - it won't be :stout:
metocman76
Novice

Post by metocman76 »

Flat-top wrote:
metocman76 wrote:SUFTUM!
The French is cheaper. Just let

I went for the French side as that was cheaper and thats where the stadium is but looking at a map its more convenient to drive through Switzerland. Will have to check with the Hire car company to see if thats allowed. If they say no then its a drive through the Alps. At least the scenery will be good!

Don't worry we will keep you right, from French side via the D884 it's less than 70kms probably about 90 mins even allowing for traffic and no Swiss roads or additional taxes to contend with.

SUFTUM :red:[/quote]

I've packed the SATNAV so navigation shouldn't be a problem.

One week to go fellas!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

http://www.accuweather.com/en/fr/oyonna ... 6594?day=6

Doesn't look too bad, colder than it has been here recently. Getting close to freezing at night - warm coat required.
Midget6
Novice

Post by Midget6 »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:
BR wrote:Forecast is dry until Sunday night. Cold mornings, negligible wind.

NOT inside Café de France - it won't be :stout:
Even outside SRH. Hoping for a nice table in the mild early Winter breeze. And lots of red wine. Lots. >burp