New Coach

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

mea97mb
Squire

Re: New Coach

Post by mea97mb »

Rockrugger wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Scott Robertson would be a great call.

Lived in ulster before and top coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A surfer dude who took Crusaders to a Super title in his first season - we would be so fortunate!!!
Bring it on- cannot see it happen given timing though.

Would need to hope he doesn't ask RoG what his opinion of ulster is

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Rockrugger wrote:

A surfer dude who took Crusaders to a Super title in his first season - we would be so fortunate!!!

He's a year and a half into his dream job. We are going to get some uninspiring semi-famous name, be told they are world class and that we have to like it.
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Gael wrote:
Rockrugger wrote:

He's a year and a half into his dream job. We are going to get some uninspiring semi-famous name, be told they are world class and that we have to like it.
Well we have a record of signing coaches and players that far away. It guarantees another years grace for the management #alwaysnextyear

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I am getting the feeling that no one actually wants the job
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

I want the job, but I'm not great, like the rest of those applying. >seeya
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I’d have major doubts about the sanity of any foreign coach who’d actually want to coach Ulster.

Leaving aside SLogan and his twisted quase Christian beliefs, would any head coach want to coach at a club which is openly discriminated against by its own parent body? A parent body with morals lower than a snake’s tinkies and the spine of a jellyfish. A parent body which as virtually total control over signings and such minutiae as what position to play and how often.
It’s not a real job for a head coach, it’s a job for a general dog’s body.
Sure we’re a basket case and we should just be closed down.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

On a more positive angle, a man with proper pedigree could make it a condition of his appointment that he gets leave of some of the restrictions of D4 as part of his appointment. Perhaps an extra NIQ for example. If the FIRFU are still able to control the minutes played by the internationals they should be prepared to make a small change here and there to get a man who can bring back a successful Ulster; even the most hardened anti Nordi would be hard pressed to argue that is not good for the IRFU and the Ireland team.

IIRC when Lam went to Connacht there was either additional funding or additional NIQs but dont recall the detail. There was also a racist text or two sent to him. Maybe racism is more acceptable than being not guilty of an alleged crime or being fond of a drink?
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Maybe what is taking soloing is they are cloning Gibbs, his duplicate is still in the vat.
Our chances of getting a good coach might be more to do with the IRFU pushing for one to reverse the rot that has set in here. Its a shame Gibbs has to leave as the team is starting to perform again. I think Gibbs sets the sort of template -a no nonsense ex forward coach with a good sense of the overall game. Wonder if they could bring Jeremy Davidson back? {I wonder if he'd want to come back!]
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The drink volume is not a problem, I'm convinced we were near Stu's consumption level on Saturday though admit we did skip on the shots
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

Would be a good fit, in a similar way to Wessels. I heard that Robertson could be for quins though.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

If any prospective coach googles 'Ulster Rugby' they will be saying no thanks.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

If we can't get a half-decent overseas coach, maybe better to look for a good local one,
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

ColinM wrote:On a more positive angle, a man with proper pedigree could make it a condition of his appointment that he gets leave of some of the restrictions of D4 as part of his appointment. Perhaps an extra NIQ for example. If the FIRFU are still able to control the minutes played by the internationals they should be prepared to make a small change here and there to get a man who can bring back a successful Ulster; even the most hardened anti Nordi would be hard pressed to argue that is not good for the IRFU and the Ireland team.

IIRC when Lam went to Connacht there was either additional funding or additional NIQs but dont recall the detail. There was also a racist text or two sent to him. Maybe racism is more acceptable than being not guilty of an alleged crime or being fond of a drink?
Colin,

That man of pedigree will be told to not let the door hit his Brennan on the way out of the interview with Nuciwank if he talked of being in such control.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Correct. Any aul shyte’ll do the Nordies.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Soon we'll have sufficient Mexicans plying their trade here that they'll want them looked after a bit better.