La Rochelle v Ulster (if you can’t be arsed to come to the game you can at least look up the TV details yourselves)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: La Rochelle v Ulster (if you can’t be arsed to come to the game you can at least look up the TV details yourselves)

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:41 pm Would have snatched your hand off for a bonus point before the game. Hopefully the fight shown today becomes the baseline from here on. A win next week is a must now, I don't care if qualify or not. This shambles of a run started with the sale game and it would be nice we can end it by righting that wrong.
+1

Still feel gutted that we came so close but still failed again though.

Would have taken LB point before the match, but was still getting hopeful of a win. I blame the commentators' curse.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dharper
Steward

Re: La Rochelle v Ulster (if you can’t be arsed to come to the game you can at least look up the TV details yourselves)

Post by Dharper »

Thought Doak was excellent tonight, really stepped up. JTA, Marshall, Hendy, big performances. Overall huge credit to the lads, the elements meant tonight was always about attitude and character they fronted up. Unfortunately they don’t know how to win, undoubtedly there is a weakness there. LBP great effort against the champions at their home.

Qualification or not, we go after Sale. The away game was an absolute disgrace-next week is a chance to put things right, and turn the corner.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Nice to have an actual outhalf.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Jackie Brown wrote:Nice to have an actual outhalf.

Burns pulled up in the warm up so he might not be back next week. I think madigan deserves another shot anyway.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Jackie Brown wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:58 pm Nice to have an actual outhalf.

+1 Makes a nice change.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

I can’t decide if it was more painful to lose in the last play or listen to Rory Best for 80 minutes.
I hope he’s a good farmer….
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

We owe Sale a shellacking. They're not that good
Exterminate all rational thought
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:41 pm Would have snatched your hand off for a bonus point before the game. Hopefully the fight shown today becomes the baseline from here on. A win next week is a must now, I don't care if qualify or not. This shambles of a run started with the sale game and it would be nice we can end it by righting that wrong.
Yeah definitely great fight throughout the match, they can build on that. Thought the young lads did well-Sheridan looked very useful as well as McCann and Moxham didn't look out of place.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Think I needed a bigger coat.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:00 pm
Jackie Brown wrote:Nice to have an actual outhalf.

Burns pulled up in the warm up so he might not be back next week. I think madigan deserves another shot anyway.
Gusher saying pre-match that Flannery picked up a niggle or something midweek, otherwise he would have started.
Flads
Novice

Post by Flads »

Gutted.
Here's hoping this brings a bit of confidence back. JTA, Henderson, Herring, Doak all had good games and I think Marshall needs to be starting. Loved Madigan's attitude, they need that sort of edge at the minute!!
Stand Up For The Ulstermen!!!!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:10 pm Think I needed a bigger coat.
Weather was Galway-esque. Good bonus point, I had zero expectations. A win v Sale next week overtakes them bar a 4-2 match point split and either Parker Pen or a defeat in R16 of Heineken Cup.

Good performance.
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Great effort, heartbreak, no criticism. We can still be there or thereabouts in the league with that spirit. Rory Best such a great pundit in the commentary box as well, someone has to get him actively involved in the management and coaching, he has a wise head and people will listen.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

That was a different sort of last minute defeat, not so much caused by our frailties but by ROG and La Rochelle's strengths. A plan to bring on the big guys late and simply power through was just the right tactic. As McWhirter (I think) said, 'Sometimes in rugby, there's no substitute for big.'
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

StandUp wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:07 pm I can’t decide if it was more painful to lose in the last play or listen to Rory Best for 80 minutes.
I hope he’s a good farmer….
I turned the volume down early on as i found him painful to listen to. Turning into another Fez.

I believe he's a very good farmer.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right