What makes you happy

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What makes you happy

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I did have a brief moment of happiness today when I heard Jethro Tull, Solstice Bells. Got to like a bit of Ian Anderson, mad flautist & canny chanter, when you are outn'about.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I did have a brief moment of happiness today when I heard Jethro Tull, Solstice Bells. Got to like a bit of Ian Anderson, mad flautist & canny chanter, when you are outn'about.
There's a quare stretch in the days now, so there is ...

Too soon?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Noticed that, we'll be sitting out on the patio/decking/yard real soon thinking about mowing the lawn.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

With all the islamophobia that's around in the UK, Germany, France, Holland, the USA and other so-called modern countries, it's good to see that Irish parents have made a stand for inclusivity and made Muhammad the highest new entry for children born last year. :stout:

http://www.thejournal.ie/baby-names-pop ... 8-Jan2017/
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Reaction of one person on another forum to the news that the Rose of Tralee competition is open to transgender women.
Oh FFS.. dosen't Mary have a lovely big langer on her.

Ah Ted, you can't say that. You have to say 'They all have lovely big langers on them'.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Reaction of one person on another forum to the news that the Rose of Tralee competition is open to transgender women.
Oh FFS.. dosen't Mary have a lovely big langer on her.

Ah Ted, you can't say that. You have to say 'They all have lovely big langers on them'.
Just sometimes it helps to remind Nordiebastards than the Free State is no longer the priest ridden hole it once was, has a healthy youngish population and with any luck in a couple of generations time will be a properly functioning fairly liberal country when all the ould gobdaws of my generation and older have done the decent thing, shuffled off their mortal coils, ceased to be & joined the bleedin' choir celestial.

Meanwhile here in the vile wee nasty sectarian statelet, we .........sorry, I'm getting out......... you lot will be living in 1690, aspiring to kick the pope or blow up Belfast depending or your favourite colours.

As an aside, I assume you all know that all this "no return to a hard border" is utter bullshite, it will be totally unworkable, there will be a hard border, it's just a case of is it Larne, Belfast, Dublin, Cork, Holyhead, Stranraer or wherever. But I digress ......

Being as gay as the next man, I'm delighted to hear the Rose, which has always seemed a pretty conservative contest for lovely girls, is adopting that attitude. I read recently of a $100000 dollar donated to the Girl Scouts of Washington State which came with a rider that it could not be spent on any transgender girls. They returned the donation I'm happy to report, but what a mean spirited son of a bitch thinks that's philanthropy?

I'd say the langer won't be the issue, possibly more that Adam's apple. Anyway as is often said, it's the thought that counts so well done the Rose.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Butter.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I assume everybody's seen this: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 39757.html . I believe there's a picture of the geese wearing sashes going the rounds, any links?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I must say I have to admire the Italian police.

I see an Irish clown was arrested for trying to grab a soldier's rifle (not a euphemism).

Report says:
The men began to sing at the soldiers and police claim one man confronted the armed men. They got involved in a scuffle and, at one point, the man attempted to grab the soldier’s rifle, it has been alleged.

The man was arrested and brought to a local police station. He was then brought to San Giovani hospital where his condition was checked.
My joy is that having arrested him, they appear to have given the moron his lumps and hospitalised the cretin. :lol:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote:I assume everybody's seen this: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 39757.html . I believe there's a picture of the geese wearing sashes going the rounds, any links?
Sounds about right.
It's thought they have been making the journey for the past decade.
Clearly their "traditional route". :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I must say I have to admire the Italian police.

I see an Irish clown was arrested for trying to grab a soldier's rifle (not a euphemism).

Report says:
The men began to sing at the soldiers and police claim one man confronted the armed men. They got involved in a scuffle and, at one point, the man attempted to grab the soldier’s rifle, it has been alleged.

The man was arrested and brought to a local police station. He was then brought to San Giovani hospital where his condition was checked.
My joy is that having arrested him, they appear to have given the moron his lumps and hospitalised the cretin. Image
Sounds a bit like our local Garda station, they used to have a pretty horrendous record for broken arms and dislocated shoulders for people resisting arrest, was regular for cases when they went before the magistrates to answer charges to be sent for medical treatment and case adjourned till the following day.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Green tea. >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

This bates Banagher, and Banagher bates the divil & the divil bates all.

FFFS 2 lunatics in Florida had an online feud which they decided had gone on too long. So a bit like in My Cousin Vinny, they had a shoot out at the local convenience store, sadly not The SacO'Suds and neither chube was called Jimmy Willis.

Both died in the shoot out, got me thinking, oi Agen-le-tete fancy meeting up for "a discussion" in Corn-merkat to settle our differences?

Oi Rooster can I borrow your shotgun? :lol:

http://hw-videos.worldstarhiphop.com/u/ ... 3pfMmP.mp4
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:This bates Banagher, and Banagher bates the divil & the divil bates all.

FFFS 2 lunatics in Florida had an online feud which they decided had gone on too long. So a bit like in My Cousin Vinny, they had a shoot out at the local convenience store, sadly not The SacO'Suds and neither chube was called Jimmy Willis.

Both died in the shoot out, got me thinking, oi Agen-le-tete fancy meeting up for "a discussion" in Corn-merkat to settle our differences?

Oi Rooster can I borrow your shotgun? :lol:

http://hw-videos.worldstarhiphop.com/u/ ... 3pfMmP.mp4
It's great to hear that in this age of social meedya and instant gratification, that two chaps can still settle their differences in the time honoured and gentlemanly manner. The one that didn't die at the scene even had his second on hand to bring him to hospital.
I applaud this preservation of the old ways. >appl >appl >appl
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

There's a school of thought that says one shouldn't shoot first in a duel. Chances are that your opponent will be bricking it and is likely to miss or just wing you. You can then despatch the bounder at your leisure. Might be of some help Baggy?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall