Ulster Snr League

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster Snr League

Post by Kofi Annan »

Don't really know that much! but have seen them once maybe twice this year and watched them last year a few times when playing at my club
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Don't really know that much! but have seen them once maybe twice this year and watched them last year a few times when playing at my club
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Bill
Novice

Post by Bill »

I was at Dungannon as a neutral yesterday to see them win back to back USL titles for the first time in their clubs history. Ref was a bit whistle happy and slowed the whole game down. Been paying attention to some of the posts about lawton, egner and halsall and watched closely. lawton looked sound, good boot, read the game well and covered lots of ground, took clean high ball under pressure and tackled, nobody got past him. Egner is fearless and punches well above his weight for a lightweight in defence, brave under the high ball, could have had a couple of tries but for the whistler man. Halsall is a good all rounder, tackles hard, makes good breaks, carries the ball well.

Not sure if Hinch wanted to be there, seemed a bit out of sorts and maybe just turned up to fulfill the fixture which is more than the UB. Nobody from the UB was there to present Dungannon with the shield after this quote, "top of the table clash" which is a sad reflection of how they regard their own premier league competition.
RedWhiteKnight
Novice

Post by RedWhiteKnight »

Didn't make it up to the game unfortunately but hearing from friends that the 3 players that we have been discussing all had good games. Lawton with another 100% from the tee! Egner with another score, and Halsall breaking many gain lines! If its true that no reps from the UB were there then it's a shame on them! In my opinion these are the players they need to be looking at to progress further up the ladder, not school boys who have barely finished their exams then walk straight on to the ulster set up! Also heard the ref was awful and ruined the game! However, congrats to Dungannon on winning back to back titles for the first time in their history, great achievement!
If ya ain't first, you're last!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Well done Dungannon. Agree that if the branch want the Snr league to be taken seriously then really they should have had someone there to present the trophy , to win a competition and not to receive the reward is poor.But maybe they did not expect a win.By the way what was the score ?was it close? were Ballynahinch depleted again? Can't seem to find a match report anywhere.
RedWhiteKnight
Novice

Post by RedWhiteKnight »

Score was 24-5. Both teams were without their academy players so if Hinch were depleted sowers Gannon! I've heard Hinch were trying to use the 'depleated squad' excuse again though..
RedWhiteKnight
Novice

Post by RedWhiteKnight »

Sowers = so were*
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Very happy to see us get back to back senior leagues however as the league has disintegrated who really cares? This needs to be sorted for next year and fixtured better. A number of people were telling me that after four or five tough AIL matches they needed a rest and instead had to play an Ulster league match which is just awkward.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
RedWhiteKnight
Novice

Post by RedWhiteKnight »

You of all people should care, gannonman! If you don't care about the league then why should anyone else?! There are free weeks in the season for players to have their breaks so what's the need to lengthen the season just because players need an extra week here and there to have a rest?
Bill
Novice

Post by Bill »

Congratulations to CV on winning the Qualifying 1 league and well posted on the UB website but what about Dungannon winning back to back senior leage titles for the first time in their history, no mention on the Branch website about that. Has someone at Dungannon upset someone at the Branch or am I missing something?
RedWhiteKnight
Novice

Post by RedWhiteKnight »

Bill wrote:Congratulations to CV on winning the Qualifying 1 league and well posted on the UB website but what about Dungannon winning back to back senior leage titles for the first time in their history, no mention on the Branch website about that. Has someone at Dungannon upset someone at the Branch or am I missing something?

I find that an absolute disgrace and I'm not even from Dungannon! Is there any wonder most clubs in Ulster despise the Branch?! They need to sort their priorities out!
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Did somebody possibly send in a report from CV and not from Dungannon? Only thing I can think of.

The fact that nobody was there to present the trophy on Saturday was an embarrassment, but is anybody really that shocked?
RedWhiteKnight
Novice

Post by RedWhiteKnight »

Not really to be honest! Maybe they weren't expecting Dungannon to win? Or maybe they only present it on the final day I the season? Guess we'll all have to wait and see if it gets presented against Armagh. Anyone able to confirm if that game has been moved to Friday night as there is a big St Patricks parade on Saturday in Armagh?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I was reading yesterday's morning Bele Tele over breakfast and Ingram mentioned in his article that it was disgraceful or words to that effect ,that no one from Ravenhill was there to present the trophy to Dungannon. the evening edition had that comment removed! Is it a case now were criticism of the branch in any form is not allowed. UR are adamant that the Ulster Senior League is the main competition and criticises teams that fail to take it seriously, but when youth results are more news worthy ,then you have to assume the powers to be do not take it that seriously either. That is assuming that Dungannon submitted a match report.

Will anyone be available to present the trophy this Saturday bearing in mind Ireland are playing England and there may be a shortage of reps