Toulon v Ulster, Saturday 17th May

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Re: Toulon v Ulster, Saturday 17th May

Post by againstthehead »

The pack are indeed brutal. Front row likely to get eaten up and spat out... And we'll not mention the backrow... With a bit of luck Toulon will pick up the BP and take their foot off the gas so it doesn't end up as a total embarrassment...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

To succeed in Europe, you need an all-international starting line-up (or something very very close to it) and a bench with players who are also internationals or who are pushing for international honours. We aren't even close to that and it shows.

Winning the Pro12 is the height of our aspirations with this squad. Go to Toulon, don't embarrass ourselves too much, Let the Tigers roll over us at Spanners next week, regroup for Treviso.

Bryn has his work cut out over the summer. If we really want to be a force to be reckoned with in Europe then we need an overhaul, particularly up front.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Speaks volumes when those signed in the close season, only Franco and Louis and regrettably Clive Ross are in the squad, Ruaidhri Murphy, Dave Ryan, Sean Reidy and Charlie Butterworth seriously what is the point. We all know a massive clear out is needed but at least 5 of the new boys need to be cut loose, before we even start about fringe players. Recruitment this year has been shockingly poor....will be interesting to see if the lads stand up and fight tomorrow or capitulate, I don't mind them losing as long as they go down with a fight, a surrender will annoy me no end...... on another note I wonder could we get Mark Jones as our skills coach, Scarlets handling and attack play is superb, injuries in the pack like ourselves is killing them.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

HOW DARE WE EVEN THINK OF DEFEAT? THE FIGHT IN THE DOG NOT THE DOG IN THE FIGHT. NO FURTHER COMMENT!!!!!!
:red: :red: :red: :red: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :D :cheers: :duck:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

For Goodness sake Fermain, start putting a wee bit more water in your half-un. :shock: :D
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

fermain wrote:HOW DARE WE EVEN THINK OF DEFEAT? THE FIGHT IN THE DOG NOT THE DOG IN THE FIGHT. NO FURTHER COMMENT!!!!!!
:red: :red: :red: :red: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :D :cheers: :duck:

Fu@k Sadie, je Guldered. G'wan ye boy ye. Horse her intil ye boy :stout: It'll take the Payne away.

"Spanners", like it Ruckus :thumleft: , fits well with the lads running the place, spanners.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Remember the name, Ronald Raaymakers.....
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

More like Ronald McDonald
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Dan McFarland for the forwards and Mark Jones for the backs now that would be a coaching ticket, instead we have Clarke and Doak... >EF
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

ruckover wrote:To succeed in Europe, you need an all-international starting line-up (or something very very close to it) and a bench with players who are also internationals or who are pushing for international honours. We aren't even close to that and it shows.

Winning the Pro12 is the height of our aspirations with this squad. Go to Toulon, don't embarrass ourselves too much, Let the Tigers roll over us at Spanners next week, regroup for Treviso.

Bryn has his work cut out over the summer. If we really want to be a force to be reckoned with in Europe then we need an overhaul, particularly up front.
If we want players for next year the summer is to late. Tomorrow may surprise some.
Available for weddings May to August only
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Our tactical nous will see us right that and a stand out performance from McComish.....
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

We support a basket case of a club .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

I remember when we lost Afoa, Court, Doyle and Muller at the end last season. General consensus was that we wouldn't be much worse off.... Fans are a fickle bunch. And as for the slating of Anscombe.....

IN reality, it's incredibly hard to judge where we are. Crippled with injury and in the toughest european group for years. Hopefully get through these next couple of games with no more knocks and take it from there. Top 4 finish would be an excellent return at this stage of the season IMHO.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I don't believe Afoa or Mullers leaving has effected us that much and have not much to do with our current situation.
Muller was well past his best and Afoa didn't play whilst Herbst and VDM have proved their worth.
Get rid of and not properly replacing a coach or addressing obvious back row issues are significantly more symptomatic to our problems.
For the record ath, I don't recall too many people posting that we would be in for a good season.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

In effect we have not really had much change in coaching either as some of the MA antics were well beyond a joke
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best