Glasgow v Ulster Fri 25th March 19:35 BBC NI/BBC ALBA/TG4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Glasgow v Ulster Fri 25th March 19:35 BBC NI/BBC ALBA/TG

Post by BaggyTrousers »

And now we see both Connacht & Mexican teams, choc-o-bloc with internationals starting and on the bench. Only Ulster taking the wise precaution of resting their internationals. The only wonder will be if they don;t pll hendy out before the game stating that as an international player he is exhausted & needs a break. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ULSTER RUGBY - no fecking idea, no brains, no nothing and most of all .................no chance. :duh:

We will be the 4th Irish province after tonight or I'll be scoffing a selection of humble pies.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

BaggyTrousers wrote:And now we see both Connacht & Mexican teams, choc-o-bloc with internationals starting and on the bench. Only Ulster taking the wise precaution of resting their internationals. The only wonder will be if they don;t pll hendy out before the game stating that as an international player he is exhausted & needs a break. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ULSTER RUGBY - no fecking idea, no brains, no nothing and most of all .................no chance. :duh:

We will be the 4th Irish province after tonight or I'll be scoffing a selection of humble pies.
you'da thunk someone would have learned from their team choice for Oyonnax? Sure what do we know!
davejohnston
Initiate

Post by davejohnston »

LUMBERJACK wrote:Cant see anything but a stuffing for ulster tonight.

We are going to Glasgow with a scratch team of largely disinterested squad of players who with a few exceptions don't seem to have any investment in our club against a team of internationals who have been training and playing together for the last six weeks or so .
I'm not sure I'd call it a scratch team - if everyone was fit and available it wouldn't be first choice, but there is a good core of players there. The bench is weak though.

Pienear, Jackson, McCloskey, L. Marshall, Gilroy, Olding - all first choice players I'd want on the pitch when fit. Scholes isn't exactly a weak link either. Who are we missing, Trimble and Bowe? Not sure I would have picked Bowe on form for the last while.

Best would obviously get picked ahead of Herring, but Heering is no slouch.
Van der Merwe and O'Connor in the 2nd row looks good, and no problems with a backrow of Henry, Williams and Henderson.
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

People here need to catch a grip of themselves, apart from the props and possibly the wings, that's just about as good a team as we can ask for!
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

pg106 wrote:People here need to catch a grip of themselves, apart from the props and possibly the wings, that's just about as good a team as we can ask for!
ImageImageImageImageImage
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

I reckon we get tortured tonight.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
LUMBERJACK
Novice

Post by LUMBERJACK »

davejohnston wrote:

We are going to Glasgow with a scratch team of largely disinterested squad of players who with a few exceptions don't seem to have any investment in our club against a team of internationals who have been training and playing together for the last six weeks or so .
I'm not sure I'd call it a scratch team - if everyone was fit and available it wouldn't be first choice, but there is a good core of players there. The bench is weak though.

Pienear, Jackson, McCloskey, L. Marshall, Gilroy, Olding - all first choice players I'd want on the pitch when fit. Scholes isn't exactly a weak link either. Who are we missing, Trimble and Bowe? Not sure I would have picked Bowe on form for the last while.

Van der Merwe and O'Connor in the 2nd row looks good, and no problems with a backrow of Henry, Williams and Henderson.
Actually fair enough I just feel there is a malaise of disinterest and a lack of intensity around the team at the moment maybe we just lack a real leader or a guy in the team who no one wants to let down (JGM was one and the team misses a figure like this) . These players are all grand but none of them really are inspirationaly good like Hogg or Parrisse can be .
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

LUMBERJACK wrote:
davejohnston wrote:

Actually fair enough I just feel there is a malaise of disinterest and a lack of intensity around the team at the moment maybe we just lack a real leader or a guy in the team who no one wants to let down (JGM was one and the team misses a figure like this) . These players are all grand but none of them really are inspirationaly good like Hogg or Parrisse can be .
Henderson can be the type of player whose performance can raise that of all around him, but it's a big ask with him coming back.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

kingofthehill wrote:I reckon we get tortured tonight.
A quick humane death more likely.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

I'm not gonna watch this tonight. I'm scared.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

The only chance we may have is that Glasgow's internationals are still feeling some of the effects of the Six Nations.

I don't think they are. This'll be a long night.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

ruckover wrote:The only chance we may have is that Glasgow's internationals are still feeling some of the effects of the Six Nations.

I don't think they are. This'll be a long night.
Quite possibly. 6 Nations rugby is a world away from the Pro12. In theory, the Ulster lads should have trained well together and should be targetting this as a big game. We should be up for this and again on paper have some useful players available. A lot rides on Henry and Henderson. Are they fit and can they show some form? We have the backline to ask questions but our pack needs to show intensity and win their battles. Away from home, I rarely fancy Ulster but we should be going into this with the right attitude and players well rested and ready for battle. Our tight 5 is probably not strong enough to sneak the win but fingers crossed. We shouldn't be too far away.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I reckon we could sneak it. Have faith brothers and sisters of the red hand.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

We are utter dung

Is this on tv?
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

I'll watch it just to see if Hogg gets stuck in a FNW and Hendo sandwich!