Turnips V Ulster B: Live

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Turnips V Ulster B: Live

Post by Shan »

Well now what can you say? It looked at half time that Munster had made a complete balls of it and would struggle to get a victory which should have been as close to a foregone conclusion as you can get. However with a few well times subs, Ulster youngsters tiring, a bit of stupidity by Ulster in trying to play when the game was over and to a lesser extent the referee not understanding how scrummaging works coupled with his inability to spot breakdown offences and offsides(for both sides admittedly) Munster somehow grabbed a bonus point victory.
>TH

The only balls for me is I couldn't go to the game. I've been sick all week and haven't been out of the house since Christmas Eve. What a right pain in the ass. :(
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jackie Brown wrote:What is Flanhead made of? China or Glass? Surely his career must be finished now.
A real shame Jackie. I think I said it on here a few months ago that I doubt we'll ever see him managing a long stint of play again.

The only thing is of course that this injury is in the other leg so hopefully no lasting damage has been done and he can return again soon to try and give himself a shot of getting to the RWC.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

It is a shame, but I hear Varley is the bees knees...
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jackie Brown wrote:It is a shame, but I hear Varley is the bees knees...
If the fecker could throw even reasonably and consistently he would be pretty feckin good alright.

However in my opinion Cronin will be the top hooker in Ireland once he gets bedded in at Leinster and improves his throwing.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I agree, Cronin has potential, but still isn't a patch on Besty at his peak (which was a few seasons ago admittedly). We were giving the Munster support some stick, jez they were cutting Rory to shreds, until Varley was throwing them squew wiff with no pressure. They went very silent then.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jackie Brown wrote:I agree, Cronin has potential, but still isn't a patch on Besty at his peak (which was a few seasons ago admittedly). We were giving the Munster support some stick, jez they were cutting Rory to shreds, until Varley was throwing them squew wiff with no pressure. They went very silent then.
To be fair JB, Best deserved a fair ribbing for his throwing and his stalling. The problem with the stalling is it is not an isolated occurence.

I agree though that Varley's throwing was no better and sometimes worse.

When at his peak Best was very good as I've always said. Decent thrower, very good scrummager and outstanding in the tight and not too shabby in loose play.

Cronin is in a different league in the loose but he has not come near to Best's standard in the other three areas yet but is improving all the time. Playing for a top team will help him along the road some more I think.