The Final

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: The Final

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Russ wrote:Aki is the best centre in Ireland
Image Image Spoken like a former prop........
He's not even the best centre in Connacht.
Props have an excellent view of centre play. Usually from less than 30 yards away
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

S-f -brains has created a mid field centre partnership which he considers is sound and is reluctant to change it . When he had to because Payne got injured Ireland got cleaned .
Most Munster supporters put that down to Daverage S-f-b ( as some wish to call him ) considers that to be evidence that without Payne in the Centre the Irish defence can't function which he considers his prime objective .

The crusade for Payne at full back started because most considered Cave was a shoe in for the 13 shirt . At present Cave is push to make 13 shirt for Ulster not because Payne is playing 13 but because Marshall has been successful when playing in that position .

At this point Kearney as full back for Ireland has little support in Ulster because of a couple of cynical games at Kingspan and what most would consider uninspiring approach when playing full back for Ireland but those games are a reflection of how the coach wants his full back to play against the top teams - low risk safety first . If he is playing to instruction then the Coach has no reason to drop him and could lose the support and confidence of his squad if he did .

I.e. "If Kearney is dropped because he plays as instructed - so could I "

The one advantage Kearney has over Zebo is the fact he is seldom caught out of position , the only other player with similar awareness at full Back is ( that Joe would trust ) Payne but as stated he is considered the Key factor in the Mid field defence and that is paramount.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:S-f -brains has created a mid field centre partnership which he considers is sound and is reluctant to change it . When he had to because Payne got injured Ireland got cleaned .
Most Munster supporters put that down to Daverage S-f-b ( as some wish to call him ) considers that to be evidence that without Payne in the Centre the Irish defence can't function which he considers his prime objective .

The crusade for Payne at full back started because most considered Cave was a shoe in for the 13 shirt . At present Cave is push to make 13 shirt for Ulster not because Payne is playing 13 but because Marshall has been successful when playing in that position .

At this point Kearney as full back for Ireland has little support in Ulster because of a couple of cynical games at Kingspan and what most would consider uninspiring approach when playing full back for Ireland but those games are a reflection of how the coach wants his full back to play against the top teams - low risk safety first . If he is playing to instruction then the Coach has no reason to drop him and could lose the support and confidence of his squad if he did .

I.e. "If Kearney is dropped because he plays as instructed - so could I "

The one advantage Kearney has over Zebo is the fact he is seldom caught out of position , the only other player with similar awareness at full Back is ( that Joe would trust ) Payne but as stated he is considered the Key factor in the Mid field defence and that is paramount.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Ach Rum'n you appear as confused as ever, even if we allow that your mind reading of Fibber is correct and stretch it further by saying you are a genius, we still have to get past the marrying of the idea that Cave was not given opportunities, that say a Mexican would have and did receive, but that that issue relates to Payne playing 13.

The simple fact is that I have long considered Henshaw the best 13 in Irealnd with Payne by a distance the best 15. Furthermore I am correct and as almost the entire island of Ireland must now be surmising late in the day, Schmidtferbrains is making poor selections.

Even some of the Mexican dominated press are now openly questioning the RSA squad, chiefly my favourite Mexican pundit Murray Kinsella a chap who is normally excellent in his analysis...... usually when he concurs with me. :cheers:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Spare a thought for Connacht. The win in Toulouse is now consigned to the other one-off performances in the province's history.

With a debt of almost a million euro, an average coach and an even more average squad, the future is bleak. Economic reality may bite and as was always the sensible option, Ireland should have just three professional teams.
Who said this and when? George Hook, January 2014,
Today he extols Connacht to the heights. :lol: :lol:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dublin4 wrote:
Spare a thought for Connacht. The win in Toulouse is now consigned to the other one-off performances in the province's history.

With a debt of almost a million euro, an average coach and an even more average squad, the future is bleak. Economic reality may bite and as was always the sensible option, Ireland should have just three professional teams.
Today he extols Connacht to the heights. :lol: :lol:
Hook is a bandwagon jumper of the highest calibre. He's not a serious rugby writer, he's a court jester who hams it up at every opportunity.
The reality lies somewhere in the middle between his 2014 and 2016 positions. Lam has been a perfect fit for Connacht and has made the most of their limited squad. That does not mean he is would be any good with Ireland. Players and coaches have found common cause, are playing for each other and they have clearly latched on to a playing for John Muldoon mantra.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

In his article today, Hook calls for Schmidt and Nucifora to be sacked by the IRFU and Joe replaced by the manager formerly known by him as "average".
Hilarious.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dublin4 wrote:In his article today, Hook calls for Schmidt and Nucifora to be sacked by the IRFU and Joe replaced by the manager formerly known by him as "average".
Hilarious.
You given to repeating yourself D4?
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I only stated what Hook is calling for once, not twice. Read carefully.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dublin4 wrote:I only stated what Hook is calling for once, not twice. Read carefully.
OK then, two references to the same story.......
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:

Today he extols Connacht to the heights. Image Image
Journalists in RoI print IRFU press releases ...
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:In his article today, Hook calls for Schmidt and Nucifora to be sacked by the IRFU and Joe replaced by the manager formerly known by him as "average".
Hilarious.
Attractive brand of rugby to go with new kit launch. Or leinstertainment
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Hilarious.
I'm loving how the entire Leinster population cherry pick the predictably sensationalist piece of Hook's article to yap about whilst totally ignoring that he made a number of very valid points about the SA squad, the Leinster back 3 and is one of the first in the media down there to actually call Joe out on his selections.

Now that's hilarious.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

In a fully fit Ulster squad would the Kearneys, Fitzgerald, Zebo, Earls, Madigan, or McFadden even get a bench spot? I seriously doubt any would be considered.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Rooster wrote:In a fully fit Ulster squad would the Kearneys, Fitzgerald, Zebo, Earls, Madigan, or McFadden even get a bench spot? I seriously doubt any would be considered.
Yes - Earls.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:In a fully fit Ulster squad would the Kearneys, Fitzgerald, Zebo, Earls, Madigan, or McFadden even get a bench spot? I seriously doubt any would be considered.
That's the litmus test for the Irish backline now