Ladyboys V Leinster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ladyboys V Leinster

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Had our defensive line speed and shape yesterday been replicated throughout the season, I have no doubt we would have finished in the top two.
For me that speaks to the view that we do have the players, but there has been a massive lack of "team" in our team. All of the playing as individuals, shooting the line general lack of cohesion we have seen since the autumn was missing. I don't think that was fuelled by anything other than emotion and the occasion.
We joke about Munster pashun, but it's what they have in spades and we don't seem to have at all.
Again for me, this is about a rotten core, lack of leadership and a systemic malaise.
I had a few interesting chat's yesterday and received some interesting takes on the dynamics at play within our coaching team, some of which explains the mixed views being expressed here.
Care to share?
Well the whole coaching team is fractured all parties have been actively undermining each other. That'll not be news to anyone. Kiss is struggling to handle the whole thing and there is a view that Gibbes role will be significantly different to Doak's. All parties are culpable to some extent in the breakdown.
So a fractured coaching team... it started that way before they had to bring Kiss in to heal the fracture.. Guess what it started to fracture again this time including Kiss and rather than take the bull by the horns someone allowed it to continue and feed down into the team like a cancer destroying our season.. then at some point (after a gun was put to someones head) UR announce that dumb and dumber will leave at the end of the year announcing Gibbes and Peel as the second coming of the messiah. At the same time dumb and dumber are allowed to remain within this festering pot of back stabbing whilst Kiss now feels secure in the knowledge that he has called UR's bluff and got rid of the problem..

I for one would love to get big Willie drunk some night and get to the bottom of it without the nice nice dress it up tom kite that others might call it.. At the same time this is all happening one man above all others is out of his depth but then it has nothing to do with him as he is just the CEO and doesn't interfere with the playing side.. he has Bryn to do that ably helped by 4 match day managers and sixteen other layers of tom kite that no one can get their head around...

this isn't going to improve until the head is chopped off and we start again fresh...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Had our defensive line speed and shape yesterday been replicated throughout the season, I have no doubt we would have finished in the top two.
For me that speaks to the view that we do have the players, but there has been a massive lack of "team" in our team. All of the playing as individuals, shooting the line general lack of cohesion we have seen since the autumn was missing. I don't think that was fuelled by anything other than emotion and the occasion.
We joke about Munster pashun, but it's what they have in spades and we don't seem to have at all.
Again for me, this is about a rotten core, lack of leadership and a systemic malaise.
I had a few interesting chat's yesterday and received some interesting takes on the dynamics at play within our coaching team, some of which explains the mixed views being expressed here.
Care to share?
Well the whole coaching team is fractured all parties have been actively undermining each other. That'll not be news to anyone. Kiss is struggling to handle the whole thing and there is a view that Gibbes role will be significantly different to Doak's. All parties are culpable to some extent in the breakdown.
So a fractured coaching team... it started that way before they had to bring Kiss in to heal the fracture.. Guess what it started to fracture again this time including Kiss and rather than take the bull by the horns someone allowed it to continue and feed down into the team like a cancer destroying our season.. then at some point (after a gun was put to someones head) UR announce that dumb and dumber will leave at the end of the year announcing Gibbes and Peel as the second coming of the messiah. At the same time dumb and dumber are allowed to remain within this festering pot of back stabbing whilst Kiss now feels secure in the knowledge that he has called UR's bluff and got rid of the problem..
That's about the size of it Cockers.

Is there any prospect of the CEO changing? Doubt it, he'll do D4's bidding without question. I agree that he is a problem, but still feel he is not the source of this problem.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Re the line out. Confusion on who was calling what seemed to be one of the problems. Lack of leadership- who was calling? Red, Diack, Aoc, who? Even the lifters were confused, putting doubt in Herrings mind.Red has shown he's not yet captain material, especially as he's not first choice hooker.

Secondly, once Leinster got Toner and Triggs in front of our jumpers constantly, which is easier if you're 6, 6" or 6'10" we should've cut the lineout and /or threw hard and flat to Diack at two and done the basics. Herring tried to throw over them, and I'm pretty sure they occasionally put two jumpers up, such was their confidence. We cut the line only once I think, and won it. Then reverted to the same dysfunction. This is stuff you're taught at school or club fs. Failure of basics again.

Herring also got Rory's yips and started snatching or throwing before his jumpers had hit their apex. It summed up the confusion and general lack of wit to take a step back and go route one to secure ball and build confidence.

Overall, our guys often ship ball on too quickly and don't back themselves which is an obvious confidence thing, and a sign if being poorly drilled imo. Stating the obvious, me.
Exterminate all rational thought
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

We bate them and sent them home sore.
It wasn't the great to watch and the Kardashian wannabes won't have enjoyed it, but they'll enjoy telling everyone on Bakebook how they were there when Rohan played his last game as hooker for Ulster.
So many mistakes, the lineout was a joke, the scrum was shyte, handling errors unreal and continued to kick away procession (poorly) and put ourselves under pressure. Little wonder the defending was the only thing worthy of note on the playing side. Rodney should be boiled down for oil.
We defended with passion and looked like they actually cared, which has been missing since the opening games when the injustice of the Ruan decision had us all fired up, before FOLK and his mates allowed them to slip into a coma like state and play Rugby by numbers, with players looking greener than Traveller women's inner thighs.
In terms of the season the win means nowt, but WE BATE THEM AND SENT THEM HOME SORE and that's a great feeling. If you don't feel it, I honestly pity you.
FIRFU
FOLK.
FTB.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:It was a much better performance, especially in defence, but we still need personnel changes in the team. Guys like Diack, Roger, Warwick, Lutton etc.. have been tom kite all season. I don't fall for the one off performances, these guys are not consistent enough. Diack had a one on one tackle opportunity with Ruddock on the prom side, both guys similar in size. Ruddock brushed him off and Diack scrags him by the ankles, Ruddock is able to offload and this led up to their non try and subsequent pen try. Your backrowers have to at least match the opposition. Marcell would have emptied him. Keep Marcell fit and I think we can raise our game to the next level with Jonno on board.

I thought Leinster played pretty poorly. They were hampered by a few players being rubbish. I thought Carberry was atrocious and I don't see the fuss in him. He danced around and went sideways. His passing was abysmal and a few went straight into touch. He got rewarded for his dancing by Treadwell who absolutely tanked him. He is a mads-lite. With a better 10 they would have been more threatening.

Noel Reid will have nightmares about big Stu who absolutely flattened him a few times. Ringrose was kept quiet by Luke until that giant gap in midfield opened up. We were still bunching up in the middle at times. Ringrose is one of the best gap exploiters around.

This will serve as an excellent warm up to the main event versus the baabaas.

FOLK
I'd only argue one point, Dave, I've been saying to a few folk (not FOLK) over the last month or so, that I am rekindling my hope in Warwick, thought he dealt entirely well with Furlong yesterday, what problems there were in the scrum were on our tighthead, and I thought Rodders had no problem with McGrath either.

For me, Warwick has been very decent over the last month or so after I'd more or less confined him to Davedom.

Think Ringrose skinned Luke a couple of times but that was much better from Luke overall, who I have been immensely frustrated by since mid-January. Better too from McCloskey but the fact remains that for me, our backline has foundered all year be chronically poor play in the centres, a supposed area of strength. :roll: #classiculster

Reidy player of the season for me, not even Roger's late tour de force can wrest it from him. :lol: Roger yesterday was a classic example of what good mental attitude can do for a player. Let's hope most of the players can get a bit of that next season.

OK, I'll disagree on another thing. Robbie looks sturdy in build, Ruddock is huge, just not hugely skilful, in a brawl I'd expect Ruddock to kill poor Robbie, one of three baristas currently on the books.

Note to site admin: coffee smilies needed.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Re the line out. Confusion on who was calling what seemed to be one of the problems. Lack of leadership- who was calling? Red, Diack, Aoc, who? Even the lifters were confused, putting doubt in Herrings mind.Red has shown he's not yet captain material, especially as he's not first choice hooker.

Secondly, once Leinster got Toner and Triggs in front of our jumpers constantly, which is easier if you're 6, 6" or 6'10" we should've cut the lineout and /or threw hard and flat to Diack at two and done the basics. Herring tried to throw over them, and I'm pretty sure they occasionally put two jumpers up, such was their confidence. We cut the line only once I think, and won it. Then reverted to the same dysfunction. This is stuff you're taught at school or club fs. Failure of basics again.

Herring also got Rory's yips and started snatching or throwing before his jumpers had hit their apex. It summed up the confusion and general lack of wit to take a step back and go route one to secure ball and build confidence.

Overall, our guys often ship ball on too quickly and don't back themselves which is an obvious confidence thing, and a sign if being poorly drilled imo. Stating the obvious, me.
I couldn't understand the lack of reaction too. If UR had've cut the lineout and announced on the PA that they were going to throw the ball hard and flat to Diack at number 2 jumping forward, we still would've won the ball. Unless of course they put the long streak of pi55 that is Toner at the front of the line out. But i hope you get my point, lack of basic solving of the line out was disappointing.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Tighter End wrote:We bate them and sent them home sore.
It wasn't the great to watch and the Kardashian wannabes won't have enjoyed it, but they'll enjoy telling everyone on Bakebook how they were there when Rohan played his last game as hooker for Ulster.
So many mistakes, the lineout was a joke, the scrum was shyte, handling errors unreal and continued to kick away procession (poorly) and put ourselves under pressure. Little wonder the defending was the only thing worthy of note on the playing side. Rodney should be boiled down for oil.
We defended with passion and looked like they actually cared, which has been missing since the opening games when the injustice of the Ruan decision had us all fired up, before FOLK and his mates allowed them to slip into a coma like state and play Rugby by numbers, with players looking greener than Traveller women's inner thighs.
In terms of the season the win means nowt, but WE BATE THEM AND SENT THEM HOME SORE and that's a great feeling. If you don't feel it, I honestly pity you.
FIRFU
FOLK.
FTB.

I'm with you Tighty. I don't care about the entertainment quotient nor the quality of the tries. Just as long as we got stuck in and won and as you say, sent them home with a few bruises for their troubles.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I thought luke was pretty decent all game and kept the golden child quiet (bar the one break where he skinned stu on the outside). Whoever our 13 is needs to be trusted to rush up and cut off the outside channel and I thought he did that well. Did Les change from the drift and allow the rush defence? Hopefully a sign of the future.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BoD2 was pretty shyte on Saturdat
Janny2 was even worse

Noel Reid is probably the worst professional centre in Ireland

Wee Ferg was by far the worst player on the field on Saturday. A field that included RAY

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:BoD2 was pretty shyte on Saturdat
Janny2 was even worse

Wee Ferg was by far the worst player on the field on Saturday. A field that included RAY

Multibench was absolute waaaaaank!

He will start in the Irish summer tour.

FOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
Janny2 was even worse

FOLK
Which one is multibench?

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Janny2 was even worse

FOLK
Which one is multibench?

Ferg-I can play anywhere-us
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Janny2 was even worse

FOLK
Which one is multibench?

Ferg-I can play anywhere-us
Oh flip

I laughed when it took 35 minutes for big Jim to remark wee Ferg was on the pitch

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He was going so lateral I thought he'd had a stroke.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

When wee Charlie stood him up over and over

When big Andrew let him out of his pocket so he could be badly out of position for the try

Absolute shyte