Japan RWC

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Re: Japan RWC

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Referee failed to yellow card France for continual on line infringements. Argentina were robbed. I hope that this is not going to be the story of this World Cup- great rugby ruined by injustices and inefficiencies from the officials. However, I suspect that this will be exactly the problem.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

When will we get rid of this haka nonsense? Absurd to give NZ an advantage before every game. The blazers would be outraged but this is an absurd anachronism.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

NZ as per usual spending the entire game off side. Ref watching for South Africa offside like a hawk but not interested in NZ.

However South Africa have made a balls of this themselves. For 20 mins they wolfed NZ but couldn't score. Now they are f-cked.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

for dog and ulcer wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:48 am When will we get rid of this haka nonsense? Absurd to give NZ an advantage before every game. The blazers would be outraged but this is an absurd anachronism.
There was a time I'd have disagreed with this but I think that was because we didn't see it very often. This morning I was mumbling to myself that this ballix should be retired.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

NZ number 6 has hardly been onside. Garces has just given up. Erasmus is right. There are so many infringements that refs can't keep up and as usual NZ get away with it.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

And while I'm at it, I strongly dislike Sean Fitzpatrick. I regard him as unable to see any NZ faults and unable to accept criticism of the side. Maybe it's just me. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Fair play to South Africa getting that try to give them a chance.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Have just watched France Argentina, and before that NZ and South Africa. In the France match how many times have we seen teams come back from huge deficits and once they get there allow the other team to wrest back the initiative. France half backs are probably a bit too young and inconsistent for this tournament. The other match I could argue South Africa have more talent in the starting 15 although very close. NZ have the best FB and OH in the world and play the best OH at FB and Ben Smith not in the starting 15, really don't agree with that.
As for the haka to be honest couldn't care less either way, can't imagine performing it and the emotions of it actually help the All Blacks, or the other similar teams.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Really enjoyed the rugby yesterday.

Fiji spirited as usual and gave Ozzie a scare.

France were fantastic for 40 mins - best I have seen in a long time then horrendous in the second half and vice versa for Argentina

Boks were very solid as you would expect. Very one-dimensional which may be a bit of a ploy as I think they have more to their game than that. ABs very shakey for the 1st 15 mins or so and then had a purple spell for a bit. I think the plan would have been to have Beaudy at 10 and McKensie at 15 to have the 2 playmakers but with mckenzie crocked then Mohunga was the plan B so fair play to Hansen for taking that gamble. Likewise the 2 wings are very green. Ben Smith and Riko would be the easy options but neither are the form players.

Good start to the RWC but I guess the selected some good games for round 1 to capture the audience.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

not that much -- between South Africa and the ABs to be honest -- basically the game has become a ruck fest and if your not cheating at ruck time you must be injured -- and refs will only blow the obvious infringement especially inside the 22 with eyes generally focused on defenders.

That said the losers of the game yesterday morning were South Africa and I'm not talking score line but the injuries picked up -- you can't take injuries on that scale in the first match with out it affecting later performances.

I doubt if the South African squad has the depth of the ABs.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Decent opening win for Ireland. We could have done without injuries to Aki and POM and the ongoing questions about Sexton but otherwise it was pretty positive, even allowing for the fact that Scotland is a poor enough team.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Well done Ireland, made a great statement and showed we might be able to compete come QF time. Scotland as usual underperform.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Went as expected - the Irish pack nullified the Scottish backs - the first try decided the game and left the Scots playing catch up which was the source of most of the Scottish errors along with an aggressive Irish targeting defence which left the Scots wondering who would be targeted next .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Did someone on here say Sexton had an adductor injury before the WC and today he was getting the inside of his leg tended to? :scratch:
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

My only comment is GOOD FOR RORY. A great performance and should shut his critics up once and for all.