Ruan becomes an Ulsterman

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ruan becomes an Ulsterman

Post by mikerob »

stickinout wrote:
One thought this throws up for me is: Would NZ NIQs not be better suited to UR rather than Saffers who play on hard pitches and in the sun?
Saffas don't count towards ML & HEC restrictions regarding the number of non-EU players in the matchday squad but players from Oz and NZ do.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

mikerob wrote: Saffas don't count towards ML & HEC restrictions regarding the number of non-EU players in the matchday squad but players from Oz and NZ do.
how come?
plain racist if you're correct.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Nothing to do with race.

EU and RSA have bilateral agreements on trade. From a rugby POV, this means that a SA national with a valid work permit, etc must be treated the same as an EU national. Similar agreements with the Pacific Islands, etc.

An Ozzy or Kiwi is only exempt from the rules if he has a EU passport (as many of them do).
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

scrum5 wrote:
Im sure he's seen similar if not worse in South Africa
Yeh but at least the cops in SA can shoot the stars.....
Perhaps not like me to be over-sensitive but have to say that is just a little over the top for my liking. The cops in SA have shot quite a few more than "stars", the only descrimination in their shooting has been the discriminating way that they have targeted only non-whites.

As one who was recently coshed & beaten by the moderators for alledged racism I can't let that one pass without comment but needless to say I shan't be reporting you to teacher :wink: :wink:

Learning anything DL? :thumleft:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

backawaygoonahead wrote:As one who was recently coshed & beaten by the moderators
:salut:

i see you in a new light now.
wait until you get a month long ban, you'll start looking at all sorts of weird £hit online. i now for instance follow russell brand on twitter.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

By coshing & beating didn't include a suspension but I appreciate the thought anyway :wink: I have been in sunny Spain for a while trying to survive the tedium of no rugby & this esteemed forum being reduced to finding something to talk about...............like golf, world cup or other detritis.

Roll on the friendlies. :salut:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.