Season over - McLaughlin and Doak out!!! Or maybe not. oops!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Re: Season over - McLaughlin and Doak out!!! Or maybe not. o

Post by Setanta »

Well I hope you enjoyed your little rant. Get out of the wrng side, did we? There's a difference between did not criticise and was not critical. On the critical side I thought the non-refereeing of the scrum and the breakdown had at least as big an influence on the game as using Spence on the crash ball. My point in case you're at all interested is that Glasgow at home are often under-estimated.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Setanta wrote:Well I hope you enjoyed your little rant. Get out of the wrng side, did we? There's a difference between did not criticise and was not critical. On the critical side I thought the non-refereeing of the scrum and the breakdown had at least as big an influence on the game as using Spence on the crash ball. My point in case you're at all interested is that Glasgow at home are often under-estimated.
What self respecting Ulster man doesnt enjoy an occasional rant?
Course I enjoyed it!

Always amazes how a sides performance can be so different at home as opposed to away and the HEC really highlights this, especially for us.
Reckon that last friday nights home advantage was worth around 20 points to us, all things considered.
The good sides always get something out of the away fixture and seem to almost learn to target an an away bp rather than an actual win.
Therefore at home if they deny the same oppo a bp they will see that as winning the head to head.

Munster were past masters of this as no matter how far they seemed out of a game, they would get the score to bring it to within 7 at the death and see it as very much job done.
We have been getting bp for the 4 trys recently but have not really had a record for getting a losing bp when all appears lost.
If we can do a it this week I wonder therefore if it be our greatest result?
Hopefully it will be sufficent to get us through but it looks like we need to get something out of this game.
My nerves are shot already!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Setanta, as you appear to know, this is an argument that you cannot win. Its not that you are being blinded by compelling arguments which blow your points out of the water. Its simply that there are none so blind as those who cannot see what is dangling in front of their eyes, in many cases a ballbeg.

For the benefit of the stupid I could run through the season and make cogent points as to where and why things have been like the curate's egg, indeed I did so earlier in the year but the idiot classes, who sadly will always be with us, stoutly cling to their idiocy, regurgitating the same drivel with the consistency of the speaking clock.

This, as you are aware, is not to say that all is rosy in every part of the Ulster Rugby garden, indeed it could still be argued that it is clearly not, despite our excellent run when in possession of the bulk of our leading players. Its just that I suspect we are both irritated by the drivel of the dumb.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Setanta, as you appear to know, this is an argument that you cannot win. Its not that you are being blinded by compelling arguments which blow your points out of the water. Its simply that there are none so blind as those who cannot see what is dangling in front of their eyes, in many cases a ballbeg.

For the benefit of the stupid I could run through the season and make cogent points as to where and why things have been like the curate's egg, indeed I did so earlier in the year but the idiot classes, who sadly will always be with us, stoutly cling to their idiocy, regurgitating the same drivel with the consistency of the speaking clock.

This, as you are aware, is not to say that all is rosy in every part of the Ulster Rugby garden, indeed it could still be argued that it is clearly not, despite our excellent run when in possession of the bulk of our leading players. Its just that I suspect we are both irritated by the drivel of the dumb.
None taken.
Shows how dumb I am when I did not even realise I was in an argument.
Not getting drawn into this banal banter.
Write a clever ditty of a reposte if you like.
It will not get a reply or rise from me.
If you ever see a life, may I suggest you grab it.
:salut:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jazzbeg, why do you think that was directed at you or even exclusively at you? There are innumerable idiots you could have chosen from, why select yourself?

Merely assisting Setanta in pointing out that he is fighting the unwinnable war, you on the other hand didn't get a mention.

Maybe you should ask yourself why you decided "its all about me".

Further I suggest you refrain from an exchange of insults, after all I am an expert, some have even suggested I am a bully. Were I to call you an idiot, rest assured I would mean it, however that only happened inside your head.

Feel free to apologise if you wish. :|
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Jazzbeg, why do you think that was directed at you or even exclusively at you? There are innumerable idiots you could have chosen from, why select yourself?

Merely assisting Setanta in pointing out that he is fighting the unwinnable war, you on the other hand didn't get a mention.

Further I suggest you refrain from an exchange of insults, after all I am an expert, some have even suggested I am a bully. Were I to call you an idiot, rest assured I would mean it, however that only happened inside your head.

If you are saying those remarks were not aimed at me Bagster I do apologise.
Perhaps if you read the context of the posts back you might see why I took offence, despite you not mentioning my name.

I believe you have been away for a bit .
Its good to have you back.
The place would be a lot less less colourful without your comment.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Jazzbeg, why do you think that was directed at you or even exclusively at you? There are innumerable idiots you could have chosen from, why select yourself?

If you are saying those remarks were not aimed at me Bagster I do apologise.
Perhaps if you read the context of the posts back you might see why I took offence, despite you not mentioning my name.

I believe you have been away for a bit .
Its good to have you back.
The place would be a lot less less colourful without your comment.

Just spotted this Jazzbeg, apology accepted. My remarks were general.

As for my brief absence, less than 24 hours as it turns out, even greater remission than we generously allow for heinous murdering stars :lol:

My return, if you missed it, was a remarkable display of poster power, started as an act of Christian kindness by the public spirited Snipe Watson.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I did not know you could be banned!
Glad I am more diplomatic on line than I am face to face or I would never be allowed back!
Just saw your support thread and seriously thinking of renaming you Baggy Mandela.
Sounds better than Nelson Trousers at any rate.