Norn Iron / Ulster

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Norn Iron / Ulster

Post by Rooster »

weeHughF wrote:
LastKnightoftheproms wrote:I was merely commenting that you have a remarkably similar posting style and agenda to the late UKIP.

And you do have an agenda but it's not rugby. :wink:

Good evening.
Whatever happened the UKIP?
Probably up against the wall at sunrise Hugh !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster/Norn Iron

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UncleFester wrote:They've (LFC) won the "european cup" this millennium. More than we have. :(
Who is "we"?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Anyone know how many sleeping pills one has to take to end it all?
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:iPad on the terrace, the wifi reaches! :cheers:
Apple are the true masters of the marketing game. I did marketing in College. Hated the fecking thing but wish I'd stuck with it and got a gig working for this crowd. The rewards must be huge.

That's not to say they don't have some very good and some very exciting products but they are so damned good they could sell cardboard boxes to the masses at $1000 a pop.

Of course Taiwanese giant Hon Hai, or rather their arm Foxconn produce the iPAD, iphone, macbook and all the rest. I have had dealings with them(Foxconn) and they are the biggest shower of pr1cks going. In their facility in Kunshan a worker was beaten with clubs by their private security and when he managed to get away and ran for it he had to jump out a window to get away, unfortunately he died as the window was on the 3rd floor where the employee(or slave if you like) dorms are.

Their other facility in Foxconn City, Shenzhen has 350,000 workers and is a compound where their security have total control. This is the one where many unfortunates threw themselves to their deaths because of their treatment.

Of course Foxconn manufacture for most of the large computer companies so there is almost no way of avoiding their products.

I was talking to a colleague of mine in Bangalore today. He is a f-cking genius when it comes to computers and of course has a university degree. He does a simply incredible job for us as do his co-workers. They are paid not even as much as a dole sponger here gets. What a rotten world.

At least once a day we should thank our luck we were born in a place where we have everything or the opportunity to have everything we need and even want. We are a whinging shower of miserables at times.

This is not directed at you a chara. You are far from miserable. This is a general point about us in the west.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
Gary wrote:Anyone know how many sleeping pills one has to take to end it all?
Gary, I met you at the Croke Park tanking of England. You did not strike me as overly morose. Guns, gas ovens, sleeping pills...... :shock:

For heaven sake man, 10 mils of Tighten Up syrup is all you need. :wink:
LK give Gary a little rope :roll: ....... It's just the Monday blues.
Tuesday is another day and who knows......it could be fun.....
he may fancy a base jump off the Eiger.

Hanging out at this corner of the forum would drive any sane
person..... :colors: :colors: :colors: :shaking2: :shaking2:
And the silly season has only started :cheers:
What state of mind will we all be in come August :duh:
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
LastKnightoftheproms wrote:iPad on the terrace, the wifi reaches! :cheers:
Apple are the true masters of the marketing game. I did marketing in College. Hated the fecking thing but wish I'd stuck with it and got a gig working for this crowd. The rewards must be huge.

That's not to say they don't have some very good and some very exciting products but they are so damned good they could sell cardboard boxes to the masses at $1000 a pop.

Of course Taiwanese giant Hon Hai, or rather their arm Foxconn produce the iPAD, iphone, macbook and all the rest. I have had dealings with them(Foxconn) and they are the biggest shower of pr1cks going. In their facility in Kunshan a worker was beaten with clubs by their private security and when he managed to get away and ran for it he had to jump out a window to get away, unfortunately he died as the window was on the 3rd floor where the employee(or slave if you like) dorms are.

Their other facility in Foxconn City, Shenzhen has 350,000 workers and is a compound where their security have total control. This is the one where many unfortunates threw themselves to their deaths because of their treatment.

Of course Foxconn manufacture for most of the large computer companies so there is almost no way of avoiding their products.

I was talking to a colleague of mine in Bangalore today. He is a f-cking genius when it comes to computers and of course has a university degree. He does a simply incredible job for us as do his co-workers. They are paid not even as much as a dole sponger here gets. What a rotten world.

At least once a day we should thank our luck we were born in a place where we have everything or the opportunity to have everything we need and even want. We are a whinging shower of miserables at times.

This is not directed at you a chara. You are far from miserable. This is a general point about us in the west.
I'll second all of that Shan.
Apple has done the best marketing job selling, £500 items for £1500 great trick, while people in sweatshops toil for pennies to make their products. And that lovely man Steve Jobs in his black turtleneck ......a poster boy for the evils of unadulterated capitalism.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Mac wrote:
Gary wrote:Anyone know how many sleeping pills one has to take to end it all?
Gary, I met you at the Croke Park tanking of England. You did not strike me as overly morose. Guns, gas ovens, sleeping pills...... :shock:

For heaven sake man, 10 mils of Tighten Up syrup is all you need. :wink:
LK give Gary a little rope :roll: ....... It's just the Monday blues.
Tuesday is another day and who knows......it could be fun.....
he may fancy a base jump off the Eiger.

Hanging out at this corner of the forum would drive any sane
person..... :colors: :colors: :colors: :shaking2: :shaking2:
And the silly season has only started :cheers:
What state of mind will we all be in come August :duh:
If this heat keeps up, we'll never see august...........
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Boys you will feel the wrath of our resident Apple fan boys if you're not careful.

Got a hold of my sisters iPad the other day. What a useless piece of junk. Seems utterly pointless to me.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Jackie Brown wrote:Boys you will feel the wrath of our resident Apple fan boys if you're not careful.

Got a hold of my sisters iPad the other day. What a useless piece of junk. Seems utterly pointless to me.
Jackie see two sides to it.........actually on the Co one at the mo.
Agree that it will never replace the old laptop but have to say its
A nice handy size for the old knee while watching the goggle box.
...............the spell check / correction is pure gawk though. :duh:
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

And no Jackie, it's far from rubbish, but you either like it or you don't. :wink:
Of course people like something or they don't however some people like to be told what they like. Youngsters especially can be conditioned to like something just because all the other cool kids say they like them, having been equally conditioned. :D

Of course you are not in your youth any more my good man so you are excused.

>TH >TH
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:You do know Steve Jobs is dead don't you Snipe?

And no Jackie, it's far from rubbish, but you either like it or you don't. :wink:
Yes I did know he was dead.

Their products are very good, just they have somehow managed to persuade the public that their products are eons better than any other products out there and are therefore the thing to have.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:You do look like a dumbass when you go to use someone's computer and start poking their screen. :lol:
"Pervert" is the word I'd use, not "dumbass" :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
weeHughF
Novice

Post by weeHughF »

If I had an iPad, I would be wondering if there was free wifi in the Errigle Inn

But those pesky barmen might have a samsung tablet and make fun of my iPad!