Munster game

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

richardt84
Novice

Re: Munster game

Post by richardt84 »

Big-al wrote:Ulster are not a team, the pack play as individuals and the backs passing is getting worse.

In VDM and Disck we probably have 2 of the softest Saffers in world rugby
I could be wrong but from the Memorial Stand it looked like VDM twice got emptied and driven back by their 13. Completely sums our pack up, can't remember the last time an opposition forward gave one of our backs got the chance to do the same. Compare that with Reidy who despite being relatively small for a forward is effective in defence and attack.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

richardt84 wrote:
Big-al wrote:Ulster are not a team, the pack play as individuals and the backs passing is getting worse.

I could be wrong but from the Memorial Stand it looked like VDM twice got emptied and driven back by their 13. Completely sums our pack up, can't remember the last time an opposition forward gave one of our backs got the chance to do the same. Compare that with Reidy who despite being relatively small for a forward is effective in defence and attack.
He sure did.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
SCOTT
Novice

Post by SCOTT »

I have been saying this since we lost to Glasgow at home a couple of years ago after spending most of the second half in their 25 without scoring. But why the hell do we wait for a crisis before working a drop goal attempt and keep the scoreboard ticking over and particularly tonight when the score was 14 5 and we were banging on a closed door.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

More shyte

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

SCOTT wrote:I have been saying this since we lost to Glasgow at home a couple of years ago after spending most of the second half in their 25 without scoring. But why the hell do we wait for a crisis before working a drop goal attempt and keep the scoreboard ticking over and particularly tonight when the score was 14 5 and we were banging on a closed door.
We were tapping on that closed door. Gentle tapping.

Not so much banging...
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

That's the smarts I was on about scott.
Think Jannie de Beer v England with 5 drop manufactured goals in the 1999 world cup to dispatch them and forced England to rethink how you could win a game.
Their 2003 wc win followed.

You don't leave an opponents territory without points.
We are the rugby version of Arsenal trying to walk the ball in the net to score a perfect goal.

Get out, get in and get over!!!
Simple
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Wasteful kicking, wasteful over-complication, zero go forward from our pack, we are easy to stop, same crap different week.

Oh aye and Tommy looks like he's done.
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

thecrouch wrote:
richardt84 wrote:

He sure did.
Sure it wasn't Tuohy, he got driven back by their 13 twice in quick succession.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Blackskulllad wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
richardt84 wrote:

He sure did.
Sure it wasn't Tuohy, he got driven back by their 13 twice in quick succession.
It could have been any of them. Sean Reidy aside we had no one in the pack getting over the gain line.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Snipe Watson wrote:Wasteful kicking, wasteful over-complication, zero go forward from our pack, we are easy to stop, same crap different week.

Basically everything I wanted to say.

5 games on the hop, pushing our absolute luck, yeah sure we'll take the learnings from it and work hard to make sure it doesn't happen next week - question is what feckin week are we talking about??

Not good enough, that loss at home will prove costly in the long run.

Ragin Image.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Cheer up you lot, at least we're not Edinburgh...................yet.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Harsh on Bowe, I'm not prepared to write him off just yet. The passes he dropped were absolute stinkers, he's been out for a year(?). He'll come good. Paul Marshall on the other hand, when he comes on you know all hope is lost.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

No ability or organisation at restarts.
No exit strategy.
Instructions to kick the ball in-field rather than to touch.
Instructions to play the ball out of our own 22 and then kick it away.
Instructions for our forwards to stand about in the 3/4 line or in static pods and take the ball standing still.
An out-half who can't line a ball up properly to take a place kick.
A passenger on the right wing.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Snipe Watson wrote:Wasteful kicking, wasteful over-complication, zero go forward from our pack, we are easy to stop, same crap different week.

And some had him pencilled in to play for Ireland :roll:
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

We were beaten by a one dimensional team who simply did what they do best while we splayed passes everywhere and couldn't catch a cold.